: how was your Christmas ?

eyekandyboats.inc
12-25-08, 07:54 PM
Mine was good. I have( think i have) strep throat so i could not eat/drink/talk much! LOL
But i received a Plane from my boss
I am heavy into RC race boats ( hence my s/n) and i recently got into flying
so i got a very nice Cherokee 140 model plane 60 inch wing span and it is very nice! That is something i thought was worth mentioning
http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1033-cherokee-2.jpg
http://image2-0.rcuniverse.com/e1/forum/upfiles/263480/Zx71830.jpg

Jon
12-25-08, 08:14 PM
Mine was uneventful as always

eyekandyboats.inc
12-25-08, 08:21 PM
how did you like the rain? did you get any in Toronto
here in Tottenham ( near new market) we got enough rain to melt almost all of the 3 and half feet of snow and then got a light dusting of snow in the early morning to have a white Christmas!

Jon
12-25-08, 08:32 PM
how did you like the rain? did you get any in Toronto
here in Tottenham ( near new market) we got enough rain to melt almost all of the 3 and half feet of snow and then got a light dusting of snow in the early morning to have a white Christmas!
I'm actually not far from you.. Just a couple exits south on the 404, so we got the same as you.

Last night was bad. I came home from my g/f's place and at around 2am the roads were covered in black ice. I'm not talking spots or patches... Literally the whole road was just 1 sheet of ice. Love my Windstar, gets me through this kind of weather like a tank.

billc83
12-25-08, 09:41 PM
Fun times; can't complain. Got a cheap DVD player, book I've been eyeing for a while (365 Cars You Must Drive), Razor heads for my Gillette Fusion. Also a hat, vest, keychain and pen(!) from Cadillac. From my sis I got a flask shaped like binoculars; sure to further fuel my alcoholism.

And an Amazon gift card which I'm currently deciding on how to spend now. I can bundle a book about Packard and one of Duesenberg together with some change leftover. Decisions...

The real big gift comes tomorrow for my dad: one of those "moving artworks." He's wanted one for a while. Sis got a GPS.

eyekandyboats.inc
12-25-08, 10:50 PM
wow thank goodness i wasnt driving last night.
which exit? i take the 404 ever day to work get on at green lane and off at 16th in richmond hill

I'm actually not far from you.. Just a couple exits south on the 404, so we got the same as you.

Last night was bad. I came home from my g/f's place and at around 2am the roads were covered in black ice. I'm not talking spots or patches... Literally the whole road was just 1 sheet of ice. Love my Windstar, gets me through this kind of weather like a tank.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-25-08, 11:13 PM
Eyekandy, nice plane! What engine is in the beast? It better be at least a .60 for a cruiser like that! I fly every once in a while with my Grandfather and Uncle but we wind up crashing quite often. My uncle is rather well off and is the source of $ for the hobby though so no complaints from me! I am much more into the cars/trucks though and am currently saving up for a Traxxas Summit. Go to Traxxas.com and have a look at it. Its a true beast.

I bought myself a Christmas present about a week ago and just got it installed. I got a brush guard for my Rodeo off Ebay for only $225! It took a while to install but it looks amazing. I am currently waiting on a set of KC Series 57 lights to arrive that will be installed for off road/winter driving conditions.

I have only had Christmas with half my family and have so far received a nice assortment of new jeans and sweatshirts. I also received a wireless router and a very nice Ryobi cordless tool set with lots of bits and pieces. There is a local Nascar store around us that is going out of business so now I own about 6 different Nascar hats that my Dad picked up for cheap.

I am having Christmas with the other half of my family tomorrow because one of my uncles and his family live down in Missouri and they drove up today, so we will be celebrating tomorrow.

Jon
12-25-08, 11:24 PM
wow thank goodness i wasnt driving last night.
which exit? i take the 404 ever day to work get on at green lane and off at 16th in richmond hill
Elgin Mills. I live in RH.

Brizzal
12-25-08, 11:37 PM
i had a great xmas for me......hornblasters.com s4 train horns, 16gb ipod touch, kodak 10.3mp camera, titanium bracelet,SD cards, and some monehhhh

Cliff8928
12-25-08, 11:52 PM
It was a good day with friends and family for me today too... Among the notable gifts were a Humanscale Freedom Chair, Sharp Blu-Ray player. As well as some other stuff, Philips - Norelco trimmer, Misc. Clothes, Gift cards, etc..

gary88
12-25-08, 11:56 PM
Mine was nice and relaxing. We do all our real celebrating on Christmas Eve. Had a nice dinner and then exchanged gifts. I got some new Burberry cologne and aftershave along with some cash that I'll be putting into buying some more camera gear. Went to midnight mass last night, then spent the whole day today watching movies, playing a little 360, and eating.

ewill3rd
12-26-08, 06:22 AM
Awful, but I got good presents.
Won't bring anyone down with details. I had a good friend to lean on when I needed one.
I am glad to hear that someone enjoyed it.

ryannel2003
12-26-08, 07:57 AM
I've had better. I've been sick so I woke up, opened up all my presents, and then slept on and off for the rest of the day. Got an orange iPod nano, some DVD's, 1/18th scale Seville STS, 2 Cadillac posters, cadillac license plate, and some other things.

eyekandyboats.inc
12-26-08, 08:27 AM
thats great to hear guys. most of your Christmas sounds like mine , always one thing that brings it down!

I got a 8 gb nano as well and i must say it is really nice compared to my 3rd gen nano... :)

Dirty cheep fleetwood. COOL! its nice to meet another hobbyist on the forums!
i am mainly a boat guy and i do all fast electric.
the plane is supposed to have a .40 or .56 nitro but i have converted it to brush less electric.
I also run some trucks i have a losi XXXT and a a E maxx ( the first gen when they first came out ) in all aluminum..... which i sold hastily for a quick bit of cash! LOL
I whent down to the I hobby expo and saw all of traxxas new products such as the new mini 1/16th revo which is awesome they are coming out with some really neat products these days for sure :)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-26-08, 06:37 PM
^ Yeah, I am all electric as well. I am just too lazy to deal with the maintenance of nitro engines and paying for fuel (although its not that expensive). Plus I have a cranky old dude on my block that would call the cops if I was running nitro cars up and down the street.

ewill3rd
12-26-08, 09:12 PM
I got my wife an 8GB 4th gen nano, she loves it.
I got her a blue one.

LOL, dude, I just remembered two more gifts I got her for Christmas that I forgot to give her!!
She loves them!

93DevilleUSMC
12-26-08, 09:30 PM
Dad is back from his job in Texas, so having him home was the best part of the day. Watching The Dark Knight with him, getting four other DVDs, and earning eight hours of overtime at work were just added bonuses.

tman2093
12-26-08, 10:22 PM
Ryan: I want a 1:18th scale STS! I demand you find out where it was bought so I may purchase one!

ryannel2003
12-27-08, 04:03 PM
I can't remember exactly where it was at, but if I find it I'll PM you.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-27-08, 07:54 PM
Mine was pretty good.

Let's see here, I got...

19" LCD flatpanel TV for the bedroom (major improvement over that 7 year old 13" with built in VCR I had)
One of those iPod sound dock things
A big, exhaustive book on supercars from 1967 to present day.
Some new shoes for work
Some various gift cards and cash.
etc etc

All in all I did pretty well. My parents bought me some new black khakis for work today, along with a new coat for work, and in a little bit, I'm out to by myself a Macbook......and a copy of Sim City 4. :highfive:

C0RSA1R
12-28-08, 10:41 PM
Had a great Christmas - glad to hear others did as well.

Got a headed seat pad for my mother for her Ford Focus, as well as one of those big-azz Foreman Grills that she's always wanted. For my father, a one-button remote start for his Hyundai Accent (no power windows or door locks - my pops is a true Luddite), and a new Dremel. Sisters got video games (the Sims and games for their Wii), books (about horses and about vampires - there's some movie out right now that they are obsessed over), and for the girlfriend, some expensive (and as far as I'm concerned, pointless) baubles from Kay that she went bonkers for and a DVD/Tape player.

Got myself a 600-watt Duracell Powerpack for my cars, one of those neat little R/C helicopter things. A bit too small to use outdoors I would think, but when the ground dries up I might see how it handles some breeze. Also a couple more things for the Caddy - my entire family knows how much I love it, so it was sort of the theme for my gifts.

tman2093
12-29-08, 08:43 AM
eh, forgot to post what i got. Mac Mini, Dewalt DW959 cordless drill, cash, and a relative induced headache

Sandy
12-29-08, 09:07 AM
I didn't get anything for Christmas, and I didn't give anyone anything for Christmas. Wife & Son & I went out to eat to Wendy's ... and came home & watched TV

Coma
12-29-08, 09:20 AM
I got to see my cousin. It was the highlight of my week.