: Homemade CAI for 307

longo
12-24-08, 11:19 PM
Wondering if anyone has fabricated there own CAI for the 307 in the 80's broughams? I am planning on doing this and have bought 3 inch flex tubing and turn down pipe to attach to end snorkle. What I am wondering is whether or not to cut off the heat riser on the end of the snorkle. In order to enlarge the snorkle to 3 inches it looks like this might be necessary. Will this cause any drivability issues? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

sven914
01-02-09, 02:18 AM
You don't have to get a new Cold Air Intake until Spring. I take mine off at the first snow to help the engine warm up fast ($ave$ ga$) and to prevent carb icing. As soon as spring hits, I put it back to help cool the engine and increase the gas millage.

longo
01-02-09, 11:08 PM
I used 4 inch metal dryer vent and it works well. Hard to find a spot to route the hose so as to get unobstructed air flow. Ended up running it between radiator and engine pulley. Very tight fit. It comes out under radiator. Ive run it like this in below 0 weather and it seems to run fine so I will probably just leave it on. If I remember I will take a couple of pictures and post em up.

97EldoCoupe
01-03-09, 12:39 PM
Do a yahoo search on this- I know someone did it for either the 305HO or the 307, I forget- but it consisted of a dual snorkel setup (second snorkel welded to the air cleaner) and two dryer hoses. It looked very professional.

N0DIH
01-08-09, 02:54 AM
I made mine a dual snorkel with my grinder, pop rivets and some 50% or so flat paint. Looked nearly factory. Added dual under bumper air ducts (85 Cutlass) and it ran pretty good....