: Best Christmas present ever!

GMX322V S/C
12-24-08, 11:04 PM
I finally took delivery of my CTS-V2 today! It was originally projected to arrive on the 10th and then the 19th, so getting it just under the wire before Christmas is a real treat :bouncy: Thanks go to the staff at Bewley Allen Cadillac in Alhambra, CA for staying late on this Christmas Eve so that I could take her home today!

As for how it's equipped, check out the pics sticky--it's just like Short-Throw's, but no sunroof (and no engine block heater, natch).

When I first fired her up in the dealership's garage, I literally got goosebumps! What a sound. With the radio off, the subtle SC whine under load just adds to the aura of this car. She has already started recalibrating my right foot and my neck--I bonked my head into the headrest because a part-throttle boot I gave her during a routine lane change/merge resulted in more thrust than I was expecting (made me think again of how easy it could swap ends when it's cold/slick out).

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everybody!

Short-Throw
12-24-08, 11:11 PM
A timely gift indeed! Congratulations, and may I commend you on your color choice! :D

Remember it learns driver input early on, set the record straight early on!
Many happy miles to you!

Mike

RapidRob
12-24-08, 11:14 PM
Congrats - what a great Christmas eve for you!!

Happy Holidays and New Year to you, and all here!

Rob

GMX322V S/C
12-25-08, 01:32 AM
...Congratulations, and may I commend you on your color choice! :DThanks--and likewise! :highfive: It really does look better in person--the color chip and web pictures just don't do it justice. Under flat light (was overcast today), it took on a very subtle mineral-like greenish cast. I'm anxious to see it in warmer sunlight. The window tint seems to also have a slight greenish cast--very sophisticated, like the color of some Ray-Ban sunglass lenses.

Time to tuck into that manual...

dvandentop
12-25-08, 02:56 AM
congrats dude!

First Class Motoring
12-25-08, 05:38 AM
Where are you in socal ?
Can I check out your V ?
I'm In Burbank ca,let me know.I'm thinking of getting one maybe keep the z06 or trade.so tempting :(

CIWS
12-25-08, 08:53 AM
Congratulations dude, glad to see you finally took delivery of it. Happy driving. :)

dqw1
12-25-08, 09:22 AM
Nice present and Merry Christmas to all of you.

the cadillac kid
12-25-08, 01:45 PM
that's a nice surprise and very cool of the guys at the dealership to stay later so you can have it as a Christmas gift :highfive:

congrats & enjoy!

GMX322V S/C
12-25-08, 04:44 PM
Thanks everyone--exploring all of the controls and personalizing all of the settings has made me feel like a kid on Christmas day again :D

caddiyesso PM sent...

FreddyG
12-26-08, 01:36 AM
Congratulations! You're a Very Lucky Man!

Please Drive Safely! :cheers: