: 3.6L Longevity

olecarman
12-24-08, 05:24 PM
Merry Christmas to all:

I have a 2005 Cadillac CTS with a 3.6L V6 engine. With the proper service and oil changes, can anyone give me their best quess at the longevity of one of these motors ?? I still owe 4 years on the one I have and am just trying to determine based on the miles I drive per year if I should keep it or trade it in !! I know it is just a best educated guess that someone could give, but your response would be appreciated. Are we looking at 100,000 miles, 150,000 miles, or even 200,000 miles before I start having some major problems with this engine ??
Thanks in advance for your response.
K.L. Black

Spyke
12-26-08, 01:17 PM
I own a 3.6l 2005 cts and I'm almost at 100k miles (98k miles to be exact) and its problem free for the moment. I do my oil change when the DIC tells me to and the car still running extra fine!

Do what the owners manual tells you to do and you'll be fine! Yes, there is exceptions but right now, mine is fine. You should check your oil level every 2 tank of gas just to make sure everything is fine and add when needed. The cts is a very reliable car.

redrig
07-16-09, 02:05 PM
I have an 04 CTS and it has 143k on it. Other than o2 sensors it's been fine, current average mpg is 27.6 (lots of highway). I put super unleaded (91) in it.

Having said that, it's going to the mechanic tomorrow for a check engine light...probably another o2 sensor