: Playing around with voice commands...

darjae
12-23-08, 11:27 PM
My wife is annoyed (only a bit) that I've spent an hour a day just sitting in the car figuring everything out, including all the voice commands.

Funny story today though, I was running some errands with my 11 year old daughter and we were "talking" to the car to see what it would do :)

I hit the voice button and said in jest (only slightly) "I Love You" and the system responded "What Can I Say?" My daughter looked at me incredulously and stated "Dad, your car is conceited!"

...I laughed like crazy, I didn't have the heart to tell her it just misunderstood what I said.... :)

Short-Throw
12-24-08, 12:31 AM
...I laughed like crazy, I didn't have the heart to tell her it just misunderstood what I said.... :)

Funny story and I have a better appreciation after hearing that phrase live many times!

BTW, have you seen all the voice commands? I love changing the radio station hands free! :cool:

Mike

darjae
12-24-08, 12:37 AM
Yes, I've tried them all....actually wished there were a few more. I use it to change stations hands free pretty much all them time. I can keep my eye on the road and not worry. It takes a little longer than pushing a button, but it's much safer.

Programming the Nav via voice is sometimes a challenge, however. It takes a few tries sometimes to recognize a street. At least we have the option, so we don't have to pull over and use the onscreen keypad (which is unavailable while driving)