: Weather alert

chris1268
12-23-08, 11:17 AM
I haven't seen this posted yet so I thought I would share. While driving home last night a weather alert actually popped up on the nav screen while I was driving alerting me to a weather advisory in my area. Nothing big, but damn this car keeps coming up with cool stuff.

Short-Throw
12-23-08, 12:30 PM
I haven't seen this posted yet so I thought I would share. While driving home last night a weather alert actually popped up on the nav screen while I was driving alerting me to a weather advisory in my area. Nothing big, but damn this car keeps coming up with cool stuff.

Chris, cool stuff indeed!

If you hit the info button you can get the weather and extended forecast. If you have a route plugged in, you can view the weather that awaits you in your path. There is also a weather advisory info option as well.

Mike

atdeneve
12-23-08, 12:43 PM
That's awesome.

CadV
12-23-08, 12:46 PM
Sweet thanks for the info.

chris1268
12-23-08, 01:08 PM
Chris, cool stuff indeed!

If you hit the info button you can get the weather and extended forecast. If you have a route plugged in, you can view the weather that awaits you in your path. There is also a weather advisory info option as well.

Mike

Mike, I did know about the info button, but did not know about pluggin in a route to get weather. Thanks for the info yet again.

Cadillac Tony
12-23-08, 02:57 PM
I love the weather report feature. Traffic works in the same manner, by the way: If you have a trip plugged in, the traffic tab will show accidents or construction along your planed route only, with the option to press the "avoid" button to re-route around it.

Neat-o.

StormCaddy
12-24-08, 01:31 PM
Tony knows and the rest probably do too, but just for general info, the weather and traffic are from XM with a free 90 day trial. You can let the traffic & weather expire and keep XM(Sirius) radio or keep traffic and weather or all of it after the trial.

It's very cool to have the location-based warnings, especially for tornadoes, severe thunderstorms and floods!