: Took Delivery Black Raven

CadV
12-23-08, 03:01 AM
Got one loaded except for polished rims because I am buying aftermarket.

I must say I am blown away with this car from top to bottom. I have owned a lot of great cars and this car is truly remarkable. Others have already mentioned this but pictures do not do it justice. To see it in person is amazing. I got the Ebony interior with the Recaros and along with the dash layout/lights/Nav it is the best looking interior I have ever had. The seats are extremely comfortable and there is plenty of leg room for people in the back seats. It is a much roomier car compared to the old CTS-V. I only got it this afternoon so I haven't had a chance to play around with much. If you have any specific questions let me know.

The car is much stiffer in a good way to my old STS-V and much softer than what I remember my old CTS-V. It just feels so stable and secure. Going with 20 inch rims or lower profile tires would be to rough for me. I think Cadillac picked a perfect balance.

I can see why some people are complaining about what they call "drone". I don't think the auto is aggressive enough in downshifting from 6th to 5th and you can get caught where your bogging the engine. I consider drone as in header resonance where you can feel vibration and hear a distinct drone. What I experienced in low rpm 6th gear was a decreased exhaust tone from bogging the motor. It was not coming from under the car (No vibration) but from the exhaust. I will cruise the neighborhood in 5th gear to avoid it entirely.

The exhaust has a perfect sound to it and it is not loud. Don't get me wrong if you get on it you will hear it but normal driving the car is very quiet. They also did a nice job with the SC whine it is non-existent with normal driving and when you punch it the sound is not that bad unless your WOT. Even then it is not that loud. I feel it is a perfect balance between someone who wants things quiet and the grumble of a sports car. Again I think Cadillac did a very good job with their selection.

Usually I can hold off on getting on a car but I couldn't resist because it drives so damn good. I hit 150 with no effort what so ever and it was still pulling extremely hard. BTW this was done late at night with no one around. It really surprised me how hard it pulls and how smooth it feels at high speeds.

Again the car is Black with Ebony interior, Auto, Recaros, Sunroof, and Silver Painted Rims. The windows are tinted as well. If you would like to see anything specific let me know and I can take some Hi Res pics. I think others have posted pictures of everything but I could be wrong. Otherwise I will post pictures when I get the CCW rims on it.

vperl
12-23-08, 04:45 AM
Well, if the " drone" ever is so bad you start to go over the edge, I will take
your V for what I pay for scap metel now 58 cents a pound. If the economy gets better or not I can get you that price, so let me know. I'm here to help you out of your situation if needed....

CadV
12-23-08, 05:08 AM
your V for what I pay for scap metel now 58 cents a pound. If the economy gets better or not I can get you that price, so let me know. I'm here to help you out of your situation if needed....

Why do you guys keep trolling threads posting this stupid shit?

First Class Motoring
12-23-08, 06:09 AM

Some trolls don't have a life,that's why they have to make fun of someone there jealous of to make them selfs happy.LOL

Congrats on the new V.I can't wait till they hit socal.mite pick one myself...

dlstelma
12-23-08, 08:16 AM
post the pics anyway! we need a before picture to drool over.

RightTurn
12-23-08, 09:30 AM

It's called a "sense of humor." You should try to get one if you're going to hang out here.

Congrats on the new V; I'm green with envy! Best Christmas gift EVER! :thumbsup:

CIWS
12-23-08, 09:33 AM

Congrats on the new car. Sounds like you're really going to enjoy it :thumbsup: Did you get it at Sewell Grapevine ?

He was probably not trolling, just being humorous.

Kadonny
12-23-08, 09:45 AM
Congrats CadV, another STS-V convert here. I too took delivery yesterday, but it was so damn cold and icy I was just happy to get it safe and sound back in my garage until the weather clears a bit.

I was impressed with the ambiance lighting, totally cool. I really didn't get to push the car at all, but I can see where the low rpm 6th gear exhaust sound might bug some. It didn't really bother me, but I like to hear the exhaust. If you want to eliminate it all together, use the paddle shift buttons, those things are awesome!

I'll get some pics posted too when the weather breaks, but until then she is sitting in the garage.

CIWS
12-23-08, 09:47 AM
I'll get some pics posted too when the weather breaks, but until then she is sitting in the garage.

Ok, Kadonny fess up. How much are you sitting in the garage with her ? :D

Kadonny
12-23-08, 09:59 AM
:yup: Lots, I was sitting in my garage last night with the acces. ignition on just playing with buttons and the nav.

Damn this shitty PA weather :want::rant2::annoyed::dammit:

chris1268
12-23-08, 11:16 AM

I must say I am blown away with this car from top to bottom. I have owned a lot of great cars and this car is truly remarkable. Others have already mentioned this but pictures do not do it justice. To see it in person is amazing. I got the Ebony interior with the Recaros and along with the dash layout/lights/Nav it is the best looking interior I have ever had. The seats are extremely comfortable and there is plenty of leg room for people in the back seats. It is a much roomier car compared to the old CTS-V. I only got it this afternoon so I haven't had a chance to play around with much. If you have any specific questions let me know.

The car is much stiffer in a good way to my old STS-V and much softer than what I remember my old CTS-V. It just feels so stable and secure. Going with 20 inch rims or lower profile tires would be to rough for me. I think Cadillac picked a perfect balance.

I can see why some people are complaining about what they call "drone". I don't think the auto is aggressive enough in downshifting from 6th to 5th and you can get caught where your bogging the engine. I consider drone as in header resonance where you can feel vibration and hear a distinct drone. What I experienced in low rpm 6th gear was a decreased exhaust tone from bogging the motor. It was not coming from under the car (No vibration) but from the exhaust. I will cruise the neighborhood in 5th gear to avoid it entirely.

The exhaust has a perfect sound to it and it is not loud. Don't get me wrong if you get on it you will hear it but normal driving the car is very quiet. They also did a nice job with the SC whine it is non-existent with normal driving and when you punch it the sound is not that bad unless your WOT. Even then it is not that loud. I feel it is a perfect balance between someone who wants things quiet and the grumble of a sports car. Again I think Cadillac did a very good job with their selection.

Usually I can hold off on getting on a car but I couldn't resist because it drives so damn good. I hit 150 with no effort what so ever and it was still pulling extremely hard. BTW this was done late at night with no one around. It really surprised me how hard it pulls and how smooth it feels at high speeds.

Again the car is Black with Ebony interior, Auto, Recaros, Sunroof, and Silver Painted Rims. The windows are tinted as well. If you would like to see anything specific let me know and I can take some Hi Res pics. I think others have posted pictures of everything but I could be wrong. Otherwise I will post pictures when I get the CCW rims on it.

Congrats and welcome to the new addiction!

CadV
12-23-08, 12:28 PM
post the pics anyway! we need a before picture to drool over.

I will try to take some. Only problem is the weather is really bad.

CadV
12-23-08, 12:32 PM
It's called a "sense of humor." You should try to get one if you're going to hang out here.

He was probably not trolling, just being humorous.

If he was joking around my bad.

CadV
12-23-08, 12:34 PM
Congrats on the new car. Sounds like you're really going to enjoy it :thumbsup: Did you get it at Sewell Grapevine ?

I spoke to a Sales lady at Sewell and she never called me back. I bought this one from James Wood Caddy in Denton. I love Sewell's Service Department though.

CIWS
12-23-08, 12:37 PM
I spoke to a Sales lady at Sewell and she never called me back. I bought this one from James Wood Caddy in Denton. I love Sewell's Service Department though.

Ahh well Sewell's loss. I haven't been to the one in Grapevine, but hear good things about service there.

CadV
12-23-08, 12:39 PM
Congrats CadV, another STS-V convert here. I too took delivery yesterday, but it was so damn cold and icy I was just happy to get it safe and sound back in my garage until the weather clears a bit.

I was impressed with the ambiance lighting, totally cool. I really didn't get to push the car at all, but I can see where the low rpm 6th gear exhaust sound might bug some. It didn't really bother me, but I like to hear the exhaust. If you want to eliminate it all together, use the paddle shift buttons, those things are awesome!

We are like V bros or something. We have bought the same cars since the V1. You sir have good taste :cool2:.

Weather is lousy here too. Gotta run some errands in the rain and she won't be a water virgin anymore :histeric:

CadV
12-23-08, 12:44 PM
Ahh well Sewell's loss. I haven't been to the one in Grapevine, but hear good things about service there.

Yeah they are the best I have ever dealt with. Their sales people on the other hand I have not had good experiences with. I tried to buy my STS-V and 09 CTS-V and they dropped the ball were I had to go somewhere else.

Short-Throw
12-23-08, 12:49 PM
Congratulations! I stayed up the first two nights learning all the controls.

RapidRob
12-23-08, 07:59 PM

Congrats!!

Sounds like I will have nearly an identical v2, except for the wheels and Recaro seats, coming sometime in Feb. according to the dealer. Thanks for the first impressions. I'd love to see some pics as well ...

Damb it's hard waiting:annoyed:

Congrats again:highfive:

Rob

thebigjimsho
12-24-08, 03:48 AM
your V for what I pay for scap metel now 58 cents a pound. If the economy gets better or not I can get you that price, so let me know. I'm here to help you out of your situation if needed....urby was funny. You? Eh...

Tuan_CTSV
12-24-08, 12:30 PM
What CCW wheels are you planning to get? And what size wheels?

Congrats on the new ride. So envious of you guys right now.

Any dealership with a White, Recaro, 6 spd in the midwest?? Thats what I'm looking for right now.

CadV
12-24-08, 01:24 PM
What CCW wheels are you planning to get? And what size wheels?

Congrats on the new ride. So envious of you guys right now.

Any dealership with a White, Recaro, 6 spd in the midwest?? Thats what I'm looking for right now.

I posted the rims in here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/157118-need-your-opinion-rims.html

Razorecko
12-24-08, 05:10 PM
^ any pics of the ride ? I'd like to see the unpolished wheels

Stingray23
12-24-08, 06:02 PM
pics already

CadV
12-24-08, 11:27 PM
Some quick shots in the garage haven't had time to make it look nice etc with family in town. Dial-up beware these are hi res pics.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2s7b50h.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/15rcrw9.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/24uytjr.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2qmzoqs.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2d0xfmq.jpg

RapidRob
12-24-08, 11:43 PM
Beautiful!!! Thanks CadV.

Rob

vperl
12-24-08, 11:52 PM
I am positive that is it

Nutz
12-24-08, 11:58 PM
First black one I've seen with the painted wheels. I like. I think it represents the evolution of first gen V when you see these wheels. Nice car.

Now if only my 05 would sell so I can get one... :banghead:

Razorecko
12-25-08, 10:37 AM
Wow the unpolished wheels look great ! glad i ordered mine w/ those wheels !

RapidRob
12-25-08, 07:44 PM
CadV,

Were the tinted windows standard on the car, or was it an option, (factory or dealer), that you stipulated?

I definitely want that on mine when it arrives ... again, thanks for the pics, looks great!

Rob

Caddyscat
12-25-08, 10:01 PM
WOW! NICE! Love the high-res pics! Thats what im talkng about! black looks so freaking elegantly mean. That is a quite intimidating looking vehicle CadV!

Thanks 4 posting pics. happy holidays indeed!

Flavoade
12-26-08, 05:38 AM
Nice ride CadV. You should be able to enjoy it for a day or two now.

Question: Has GM finally moved the parking brake(E-Brake) to the center console?

Kadonny
12-26-08, 09:58 AM
Nice ride CadV. You should be able to enjoy it for a day or two now.

Question: Has GM finally moved the parking brake(E-Brake) to the center console?

Yes they have, plus it's electronic so all that is there is a tiny little toggle button.

FreddyG
12-26-08, 01:14 PM
There is an advantage to the bad weather...................You can wax your Beautiful New ride and not feel guilty that you're not out driving her! :D

Very Nice looking car you've got there! :cheers:

CadV
12-26-08, 02:10 PM
CadV,

Were the tinted windows standard on the car, or was it an option, (factory or dealer), that you stipulated?

I definitely want that on mine when it arrives ... again, thanks for the pics, looks great!

Rob

I got the dealership to do them for me.

S70RMP
12-26-08, 07:16 PM
I'm hoping your going to hardwire that V1 in your V

Awesome looking car. Just wish I could afford one over here and afford the fuel !

CadV
12-27-08, 08:40 PM
Got a chance to detail it today and took some more pictures. Again dial-up beware.

http://i43.tinypic.com/k2bspf.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/hvyyhj.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/214xmj9.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/n2e6up.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/qrwthf.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/6942t0.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/9ia0dc.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/30lpcmb.jpg

I'll post more pictures when I get my rims.

CIWS
12-27-08, 10:03 PM
At least the weather ended up nice today, although windy.

RightTurn
12-27-08, 10:12 PM
Dang. She's a beaut! :drool: