: Body wash? What do you use?

mythy
12-22-08, 10:54 PM
ok ok I know wtf? a guys asking about body wash! Yes belive it or not I am... I have dry skin and I am a man. I want to bo soft and yet smell great without breaking out. I am wondering what you guys use?

I was thinking of trying oldspice body was got any sugestions?

trukk
12-22-08, 11:13 PM
I tend to use soap. If I'm extra grimy, two coats of soap.

-Chris

mythy
12-22-08, 11:41 PM
hahaha yea I know I'm gay... :hmm:

hueterm
12-22-08, 11:47 PM
I just finished a bottle of the Old Spice. I'd buy it again just because I like the scent. I can't tell one vs. the other as far as skin conditioning goes.

I just want something that doesn't smell flowery, and I hate bar soap b/c of the mess it makes in the shower.

blue07cts
12-22-08, 11:49 PM
haha /\ but on a serious note AXE all the way for me, i have about 5 of there scents so i can mix it up a bit

Kev
12-23-08, 12:18 AM
Axe .... haha, I think someone's been watching too many commercials! :histeric:

I'm just messin with you!

mythy, if you have dry skin I would suggest drinking more water (eliminate soft drinks if you can, assuming you drink them) and consider your diet, you may be depriving your system of moisture and natural oils and lubricants.

Another suggestion is to shower or bathe in cooler or tepid water, don't linger as you loose a lot of natural oils that way too. Any gentle soap should be fine for cleansing. You would probably be better off with a good topical moisturizing lotion with aloe in it applied after bathing. Coconut oil is very good for your skin but you might think the smell a bit effeminate.

Anyway, just a few helpful hints from Heloise. :cool2:

Kev
12-23-08, 12:21 AM
Did I just offer some guy on the Internet skin care tips? What was I thinking?!!! :suspense: :eek:

RightTurn
12-23-08, 12:22 AM
:suspense: This thread is... odd.

Kev
12-23-08, 12:27 AM
Yes, but you liked my tips didn't you? :yup:

RightTurn
12-23-08, 12:28 AM
I beg your pardon? :alchi:

mythy
12-23-08, 12:30 AM
Axe .... haha, I think someone's been watching too many commercials! :histeric:

I'm just messin with you!

mythy, if you have dry skin I would suggest drinking more water (eliminate soft drinks if you can, assuming you drink them) and consider your diet, you may be depriving your system of moisture and natural oils and lubricants.

Another suggestion is to shower or bathe in cooler or tepid water, don't linger as you loose a lot of natural oils that way too. Any gentle soap should be fine for cleansing. You would probably be better off with a good topical moisturizing lotion with aloe in it applied after bathing. Coconut oil is very good for your skin but you might think the smell a bit effeminate.

Anyway, just a few helpful hints from Heloise. :cool2:

Well I was fine with my skin till I met my GF shes like well I can't describe her damn skin She uses allot of coco butter and takes 3 showers a day. It made me relise my skin isnt that great at all. My face is wrinkly and dry it needs help asap and I am looking for a good fragrence while I'm at it that I can pair up with deoderant. My diet is meat and cheese with noodles. No fruit or vegies alloud. My shower consits of steaming hot water and soap 2 times a day. I tried some lotion on my face but all that shit burns and makes me break out with red patches. I have tried Axe I'm on my second bottle (empty) but the sent doesnt last that long and walmat doesnt have the green pair just the soap and thats the one I like :nono:

lol this thread is going to go down hill rapidly!

Kev
12-23-08, 12:38 AM
I beg your pardon? :alchi:Oh, don't mention it of course. :duck:

RightTurn
12-23-08, 12:41 AM
What am I doing in a "body wash" thread?? :ohnoes: I hope TBJS doesn't see this. :eek:

mythy
12-23-08, 12:44 AM
Up next will be the pubic shaving thread :eek:

Kev
12-23-08, 12:53 AM
Up next will be the pubic shaving thread :eek:You're on your own there fella!

C0RSA1R
12-23-08, 02:03 AM
Shit bro I used to have the same problem. There's a gym in my office building and after I work up a sweat, and then it dries away, I'm left with red, itchy skin in the crook of my knees, elbows, armpit, and even in between my toes. It sucks. About six months ago I started using Irish Spring Body Wash w/Aloe, and it works superb. My skin never dries out, and even after a two mile run on the treadmill and a six-point lifting regimen, once I towel off I don't stink like a hobo.

My girlfriend is a big fan - she used the kind without Aloe once when she was over at my apartment since she forgot to grab her "stayover bag" and whatever chick soap she had in my shower was empty. She liked it so much she used it till I ran out, then she started bringing her own stuff again because the next stuff I bought smelled "too manly" (her words).

It's in a big green plastic bottle with some waterfall or four-leaf clover graphic on it (depending on the scent), and the best kind I found has the word Aloe right on the front of the thing, about halfway up (I'm looking at the bottle right now). It lathers really good too - I work out but I'm still I'm 5'11" 225lbs (thanks Samuel Adams!), and all it takes is a quarter sized dab and it's a wrap.

I also used that Old Spice stuff in the big red bottle for a while - it smelled good, but I found it didn't last and didn't keep my skin from drying out. I don't really care how soft the skin between my toes happens to be, but when it starts itching and chafing, something's gotta be done. I've also got some mild acne on my back and shoulders that started getting annoying when I began working out again (I lifted a lot three years ago, then slumped for about 16 months, and now I'm back to it). Gradually, so much so that I barely noticed, the acne just went away, and I feel like it's because of the Irish Spring. I'm no doctor, but cause and effect ain't too hard. It comes back once in a while, but usually only three or four pocks and they usually fade within days before they have a chance to become irritating.

Alright, this is normally way too much information. I'll leave it though, because I know what your situation is like and how frustrating it is to feel dumb talking about it.

C0RSA1R
12-23-08, 02:09 AM
As for the uh, other thing, let your girl do it for you. You may think you're brave enough to do it on your own, but you're not. I thought I had the, er, courage to give it a shot. Not even close.

Loud music and tightly shut eyes help too.

Vaya con Dios.

Aron9000
12-23-08, 02:18 AM
I use the dove moisturising bar soap, along with curel lotion on my hands/face. Seems to do the trick.

93DevilleUSMC
12-23-08, 03:07 AM
AXE Snake Peel, as well as the skin contact sub-brand, work pretty well. Snake peel has loads of scrubing beads, so it's like a clay bar for the body. The skin contact gels use cactus milk, tea tree extract, or aloe vera(depends on specificproduct used), which is are good smoothers.

Skin's like any other part of you: it should be taken care of. This is the 21st century, and you're a man: if you aren't out in the field, playing hard, or doing hard labor, there is no excuse to stink. Period.

Jesda
12-23-08, 05:16 AM
http://www.conservationresources.com/Main/section_30/section30_13_files/image003.jpg

The is the only thing that can scrub the manly manliness of my manly frame.

hueterm
12-23-08, 09:53 AM
I use the dove moisturising bar soap, along with curel lotion on my hands/face. Seems to do the trick.

Doesn't Sandy use that on his Sixty Special's seats?

93DevilleUSMC
12-23-08, 10:01 AM
Jesda, speaking of steel wool: there was an Army sergeant I knew who had this lazy E-1 who wouldn't shave, bathe, or anything. It got so bad that the First Sergeant made said sergeant toss the private in the shower. The private had a choice; either wash himself, or the sergeant was going to scrape his ass out with steel wool. The private showered.

Coma
12-23-08, 10:55 AM
I just started using Gillette Body Wash with Hydrator (http://walmart.triaddigital.com/enhancedrendercontent_ektid39828.aspx).

Coma
12-23-08, 11:02 AM
As for the uh, other thing, let your girl do it for you. You may think you're brave enough to do it on your own, but you're not. I thought I had the, er, courage to give it a shot. Not even close.

Loud music and tightly shut eyes help too.

Vaya con Dios.

I'm still trying to figure out what you are saying here...

nickc50310
12-23-08, 11:12 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what you are saying here...

I think hes saying he lets the GF shave his junk!? :eek: :hmm::histeric:

ShadowLvr400
12-23-08, 11:52 AM
Dawn dishwashing detergent when my wife will quit taking it out of the shower. I work where I get very greasy and sweaty. Otherwise, it's Axe, Irish Spring, or Dial.

POh, I missed the shaving topic... Mach 3 razor, and you can shave anything, it's not that difficult. (Be a man, shave it yourself) :P

Coma
12-23-08, 12:09 PM

I thought so but wasn't sure by what he said...

POh, I missed the shaving topic... Mach 3 razor, and you can shave anything, it's not that difficult. (Be a man, shave it yourself) :P

Yeah, it's not rocket science. I trust myself more than any other person. Especially a woman.

The Tony Show
12-23-08, 12:12 PM
:florian:

^this thread

blue07cts
12-23-08, 12:55 PM
http://www.conservationresources.com/Main/section_30/section30_13_files/image003.jpg

The is the only thing that can scrub the manly manliness of my manly frame.

WIMP!!!!! REAL men use this!

http://www.eaa180.org/toolbox/27_craftsman_angle_grinder.jpg

Spyder
12-23-08, 01:29 PM
Jesus. I might as well dive into this thread...

Body wash sucks. I can never get the 'feeling' off my skin. When I'm really dirty I'll use dawn, when I'm normally dirty I'll use Irish Spring micro clean. It's got little bits of sand or something in it and it feels like its working. Seems to get light grease off very well too. I've been known to use apricot scrub on my face, but only when whatever significant other I've had at the time was using it as well...never bought the stuff myself.

As for the shaving? I'm all for it. The ex loved it, which, in turn, made ME love it...if ya know what I mean. Trim as short as you can get with an electric then the 'ol Mach3 works wonders. Use lots of your favorite shave cream. Lots. I'd likely be more akin to letting the feminine half do it, as they've got much more experience with a razor in "sensitive" areas, though I never asked mine to. Damnitt. Shoulda. Sure it would have turned out to be a good time. :D

Where IS Florian for this one?

And Jesda! Nobody believes you without pictures!

dkozloski
12-23-08, 01:48 PM
Use bear grease. It'll make you smell like a real man.

C0RSA1R
12-23-08, 03:22 PM

Correct. The thought of it terrified me, but as it turns out, I've never gotten so much as a nick. When that day comes, you'll know by the angry shout coming from NY.:crying2:

C0RSA1R
12-23-08, 03:25 PM
The ex loved it, which, in turn, made ME love it...if ya know what I mean. Trim as short as you can get with an electric then the 'ol Mach3 works wonders. Use lots of your favorite shave cream. Lots. I'd likely be more akin to letting the feminine half do it, as they've got much more experience with a razor in "sensitive" areas . . .

:yeah:

Although I'd never let an "ex" perform that particular task . . .

"Hell hath no fury (or pain) . . .":eek:

Coma
12-23-08, 03:33 PM
Body wash sucks. I can never get the 'feeling' off my skin. When I'm really dirty I'll use dawn, when I'm normally dirty I'll use Irish Spring micro clean. It's got little bits of sand or something in it and it feels like its working. Seems to get light grease off very well too. I've been known to use apricot scrub on my face, but only when whatever significant other I've had at the time was using it as well...never bought the stuff myself.

You don't use body wash to get the filth off of your skin. You use it to smell nice afterward and keep your skin healthy. At least, that's what I use it for. =/

Spyder
12-23-08, 04:25 PM
So you leave the filth there?

Corsair, I meant before she was an ex... :p

Coma
12-23-08, 04:38 PM
I am sorry, I was trying to imply you wash yourself in the shower with a rag and soap of some kind. THEN body wash.

Jesda
12-23-08, 04:41 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/Bear.gif

The Tony Show
12-23-08, 04:44 PM
I use some kind of Blue stuff made by Suave that my Wife buys at the store for me. It gets me clean and doesn't leave me smelling like a French Whore.

billc83
12-23-08, 05:45 PM
What's the point if you don't smell like a French whore?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-23-08, 06:51 PM
Irish Spring all the way. Not to body wash though, a real bar of soap. Irish Spring w/Aloe FTW!

tman2093
12-23-08, 07:46 PM
Dial for men. It cleans, smells good, and looks like an oil can!

can't find the commercial that says that on youtube, but, it was dumb. Good soap though. Better than this

http://www.boscovs.com/wcsstore/boscovs/images/store/product/images/26361894230525.jpg

MauiV
12-24-08, 12:49 AM
Old Spice Pure Sport.

Axe is for 14 year olds.

If you still dry, USE LOTION. Thats what the shit was invented for. Unscented Vasoline brand lotion is about the greasiest (most moistrizing) you can get.

Gillette Mach 3 is good, the Fusion is THE SHIT for your face. The Norelco Body Groom Razor FTW!!! for everything else. Razor blade + thin skin on hte boys = BAD combination that is eventually going to go bad for you at least once.

Oh yeah, I read somewhere once that Irish Spring is the worst soap you can put on your skin for what thats worth.

Blackout
12-24-08, 01:06 AM
I usually use Axe's stuff but I tired out this new stuff from Dial called 3D. Stuff works real good and smells good as well.
http://www.dialsoap.com/cmsimages/bw_3d.png

Kev
12-24-08, 02:00 AM
Hmph, how do I put this without being totally insensitive and politically incorrect?

Body wash seems very girly to me.

RightTurn
12-24-08, 10:27 AM
:yeah: What's next...loofa?? :coffee:

C&C
12-24-08, 11:57 AM
Soap, what's on sale?

mythy
12-24-08, 01:11 PM
I have a loofa :rolleyes:

dkozloski
12-24-08, 01:43 PM
I usually use Axe's stuff but I tired out this new stuff from Dial called 3D. Stuff works real good and smells good as well.
http://www.dialsoap.com/cmsimages/bw_3d.png
Dial spelled backwards is Laid.

RightTurn
12-24-08, 01:54 PM
Koz, you're beginning to worry me. Srsly. :alchi:

hueterm
12-24-08, 02:04 PM
I have a loofa :rolleyes:

So did Bill O'Reilly....if you believe certain court documents.....

:stirpot: :eek: :thehand: :bighead:

I don't have a problem w/a loofa from a masculinity perspective, (or even w/Bill O'Reilly -- I can watch and/or listen to his shows...)....

But it's just the thought of the combination of above....I can't bring myself to buy one. It's a shame really...they are supposed to be good for the skin.

dkozloski
12-24-08, 03:56 PM
I have an oosic.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-08, 04:27 PM
I shave with one of these bad boys.

http://www.woodzone.com/tips/g10201.jpg

Kev
12-25-08, 12:36 AM
I have an oosic.You should put something on that before it gets really bad, you don't want that to spread!

Now, before there were such marvelous products like Neosporin my grandfather had it covered. His antiseptic of choice for any cuts, lacerations or abrasions was turpentine.

hueterm
12-25-08, 12:33 PM
OMG -- the thread has stalled! Someone come up w/some vaguely too personal information quick for the most hilarious thread that has been on here in months!

RightTurn
12-25-08, 01:00 PM
Maybe we could discuss rashes next?? Merry Christmas, Mike.

hueterm
12-25-08, 01:57 PM
Cortisone for everyone!!

JimHare
12-25-08, 03:06 PM
Body wash? P21S is good. I used to use Optimum No-Rinse but it doesn't suds enough for me and I found it left some streaks on the fenders....

:)

hueterm
12-25-08, 04:12 PM
Please don't describe what your "fenders" may actually be.... Thanks!

thebigjimsho
12-25-08, 05:05 PM
What am I doing in a "body wash" thread?? :ohnoes: I hope TBJS doesn't see this. :eek:I avoided this for a while. But, like all things odd, I find it eventually...

thebigjimsho
12-25-08, 05:10 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what you are saying here...I'm still trying not to...

AlBundy
12-25-08, 05:13 PM
gay:florian::histeric:

thebigjimsho
12-25-08, 05:17 PM
Gillette Mach 3 is good, the Fusion is THE SHIT for your face.As for shaving(my face), I went back to my old Mach3 Power. I was getting too many nicks with the huge 5 blade. The Mach3 to me is the best shave I've ever been able to get...

Jesda
12-25-08, 09:14 PM
I dont want shit on my face.

jdavis
12-26-08, 04:15 PM
I dont want shit on my face.

You should keep your head outa the toilet then. :bouncy: (sorry, couldn't resist it):duck:

dkozloski
12-26-08, 05:16 PM
Real men shave with a BernzOmatic torch.

mythy
12-30-08, 01:18 AM
Ok I went with old spice classic! Guess what... The smell reminds my girl of her ex! :rant2: Nothing like her falling asleep in my arms thinking of her ex to ruin Xmas :alchi: Yea I'm a total screw up!

On the brite side we have started to become physical and it was one heck of a xmas eve let me tell you the best part tho was waking up with her staring into my eyes I dont think body wash is that important any more lol...

AlBundy
12-30-08, 01:28 AM
Ok I went with old spice classic! Guess what... The smell reminds my girl of her ex! :rant2: Nothing like her falling asleep in my arms thinking of her ex to ruin Xmas :alchi:

Yea I'm a total screw up!

Well find out what she allowed her X to do to her sexually? Maybe chains, handscuffs, sheep, tossed salades. It could be fun.:histeric:

mythy
12-30-08, 02:01 AM
I know what she likes her Ex is my best friend :histeric: Shes average oral, anal, rough and romantic so its a mixed bag of normal I'm into bondage tho and shes interested so who knows :p

Spyder
12-30-08, 10:50 PM
Crap...I sense a locky lock...

The Tony Show
12-31-08, 01:06 PM
What the hell is going on in here? :suspect:

Spyder
12-31-08, 03:19 PM
Fun and excitement. What do you use to shave your taint?

AlBundy
12-31-08, 03:31 PM
Fun and excitement. What do you use to shave your taint?

or your azz?:eek::alchi:

Aron9000
01-03-09, 12:33 AM
or your azz?:eek::alchi:

Real men don't worry about such matters as dingleberries.

AlBundy
01-03-09, 12:44 AM
Real men don't worry about such matters as dingleberries.

Not worried, just entertained that it might be discussed.:eek::alchi:

gary88
01-03-09, 02:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/Untitled-1-3.jpg

Rolex
01-03-09, 12:21 PM
I know what she likes her Ex is my best friend :histeric: Shes average oral, anal, rough and romantic so its a mixed bag of normal I'm into bondage tho and shes interested so who knows :p

TMI :annoyed:

Are you into punctuation and sentence structure?

Rolex
01-03-09, 12:28 PM
If you still dry, USE LOTION. Thats what the shit was invented for. Unscented Vasoline brand lotion is about the greasiest (most moistrizing) you can get.

I'm not big on lotion or moisturizers, but +1 on the Vaseline IC lotion (during the winter months). I prefer it because it's a glycerin based lotion as opposed to petroleum based lotion. The petroleum based stuff will break down latex in the gloves I have to use at work. There's some thoughts on paper on the idea that this can lead to latex sensitivities in health care workers, and I hate the non-latex gloves.

Spyder
01-03-09, 01:44 PM
Damn you and your glycerine based lotions! They set off the explosive detection equipment at the airport and cause all sorts of havoc! :)

MauiV
01-03-09, 03:12 PM
I was talking to a TSA guy one day at the airport in Maui and he said that all the nitro that shows up on golf shes and golf bags wreaks havoc on their equipment. Also the guys that worked bomb disposal on Kahoolawe (uninhabited Island that used to be Naval bombing range) would drag that stuff back all over the Island on their clothes and stuff. He said 1 ground up nitro pill on the baggage carousel would be a nightmare about a week later when most of those bags came back through in the other direction.

Spyder
01-03-09, 06:39 PM
Oh yea...fertilizer would set it off, a lot of hand lotions, people that used their range bag as their carry-on...lots of random stuff would set the explosive detection stuff off. Bomb disposal guys sucked 'cause it took forever to clean the machine and get it ready for use again. BUT they were always way cool to bs with. I worked at the Sac airport for about a year and saw lots of interesting stuff go through there.

C0RSA1R
01-03-09, 11:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/Untitled-1-3.jpg

:yeah:

:tsucks: