: What's the little square to the left of the grill?

darjae
12-22-08, 12:24 AM
Ok, just got my V yesterday and I'm not yet as brave as Mike to start unscrewing and pulling pieces off (and I've not yet climbed in the trunk) ;) what is the little square cut-out on the left (if you're facing it) of the lower grill? I thought maybe at first it was an access point for a bolt or something, but that doesn't really make sense as all the other ones would be hidden on the back or somewhere else...Does anybody know what it hides?......maybe it's a door for the little elves who turn the headlights in the direction you wish to go....? :)

GMX322V S/C
12-22-08, 12:33 AM
Probably the access cover for where the tow bar/eyelet/hook screws in.

darjae
12-22-08, 12:44 AM
I thought it was something like that, but I really don't want to "pop" anything off to check :)

On a side note, It seems really weird to me that the hood is so light. I'm used to holding a hood 4-5 inches up and dropping it and being done with it. With this car, the hood is so light that I have to press it down to lock it, which makes me want to treat it more gently....but when I'm in the driver seat, it begs to be spanked ;) It's a nice problem to have, I must say!

thebigjimsho
12-22-08, 01:53 AM
I thought it was something like that, but I really don't want to "pop" anything off to check :)

On a side note, It seems really weird to me that the hood is so light. I'm used to holding a hood 4-5 inches up and dropping it and being done with it. With this car, the hood is so light that I have to press it down to lock it, which makes me want to treat it more gently....but when I'm in the driver seat, it begs to be spanked ;) It's a nice problem to have, I must say!Which is another reason why I've stayed away from cowl hoods for my V1. Nothing is lighter than the stock aluminum hood...

Eld01
12-22-08, 07:09 AM
my guess is the acc, but I do not know if the V's are so equiped.

Cadillac Tony
12-22-08, 07:00 PM
Probably the access cover for where the tow bar/eyelet/hook screws in.

^ Winner

jweymar
12-22-08, 07:30 PM
iIwish V1 had that

GMX322V S/C
12-22-08, 11:17 PM
Based on Short-Throw's clarification of the spare tire situation and this post over in the STS-V forum: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1710830-post1.html, there might not be anything to bolt in there...can someone confirm?

I hope I never need it, but I wouldn't want some goon f'in up the bumper fascias if I did.