: Trailblazer SS?

Cadillac Tony
12-21-08, 01:14 PM
I sold my CTS-V recently and have been "making do" with just one vehicle between the Wife and I. It's been workable, but we really could use a second vehicle, which brings me to my current dilemma:

I just took in a 2006 TB SS (traded for a new V). It's got 13,000 miles on it, Kooks headers, catback, HPTuners tune and a CAI. It's Black/Black, clean as a whistle and I can buy it right.

Any thoughts on the TB SS? I like the LS2 for sure, and the fact that it's already modded is a plus for me. What I'm more concerned about is reliability or any quirks that some people here might be familiar with.

Please chime in with your thoughts.

Sandy
12-21-08, 01:22 PM
I think they look very cool, especially the front end.
The downside is the dash, rivers of charcoal grey plastic and kinda cheap looking. IF IF IF I was buying NEW, I'd go for a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. It's got a nicer interior and is as fast (or faster) than the SS.
But you can "Buy it right" so, I would ! Sell her in April for what you pay now.

Lord Cadillac
12-21-08, 01:26 PM
I don't know a whole lot about the TrailBlazer SS, but I do know my Wife's Brother (the one who wants the V2) owns one - and he's an extremely picky vehicle buyer. So to me, that tells me it's got to be a decent truck...

LS1Mike
12-21-08, 01:32 PM
They are very nice. I wish I could find one around here reasonablly priced.
Is it AWD or RWD?
I have seen some AWD ones tick off some 12 with those mods out here at Bremerton.
Sandy the SRT-8 Jeep is pricer is should be nicer.
MSRP for the Jeep is 42,000 with an invoice of about 39,000
MSRP for the SS is 35,000 witha na invoice of about 32,000
The Jeep is not 6000 bucks better.

Sandy
12-21-08, 03:22 PM
But the differance is that there are like no options on the Jeep. Everything X-Cept Navi is standard and it has a much more upscale interior, including door panels, dash trim, headlining and carpeting. The leather in the Jeep blows away the leather in the SS, too. The SRT-8 and the Overland Edition, both have Recaro-Like Seating, too.

I looked at them both but bought neither. Wanted to save the $$$ .

E-D-I-T

Just wen tto KBB & priced them both...everything X-cept Navigation
The Jeep comes to $48,640 MSRLP
The Trailblazer SS comes to $ 45,845 -
so there is a $2,800 differnce - - but, there is a $3000 rebate on the SS PLUS that red tag sales event gives off 1% additiional off of MSRLP, worth another $458.00.

There are no rebates on the Jeeps So, with the rebates, and Red Tag stuff, the SS has a MSRLP of $ 42,387 -VS- DRT-8 $ 48,640.00 or a diff of $6,253.00 in LIST, probably around $ 5,200 discounted.

MauiV
12-21-08, 04:05 PM
I like TBSS and this one is my favorite. I LOVE the stance...

5oCKwFLaLIc&feature=related

LS1Mike
12-21-08, 06:08 PM
Just wen tto KBB & priced them both...everything X-cept Navigation
The Jeep comes to $48,640 MSRLP
The Trailblazer SS comes to $ 45,845 -
so there is a $2,800 differnce - - but, there is a $3000 rebate on the SS PLUS that red tag sales event gives off 1% additiional off of MSRLP, worth another $458.00.

There are no rebates on the Jeeps So, with the rebates, and Red Tag stuff, the SS has a MSRLP of $ 42,387 -VS- DRT-8 $ 48,640.00 or a diff of $6,253.00 in LIST, probably around $ 5,200 discounted.

Sandy I got those from the Manufactures website.
Not KBB.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-21-08, 06:39 PM
They're a pretty reliable vehicle, don't remember seeing many problems with them when I worked at Chevrolet, but I agree with Sandy on the interior, and that's a big deal to me. So if you don't mind the interior and are willing to overlook it for the performance, then I'd say go for it.

thebigjimsho
12-21-08, 06:44 PM
I like the TBSS. Do it...

CIWS
12-21-08, 06:53 PM
I like the TBSS. Do it...

:yeah:

c5 rv
12-21-08, 07:10 PM
I seriously considered one when I got my SRX. However, I found the TBSS to have uncomfortable seats for me and, with a sunroof, didn't have enough headroom. Also, the center consoles tend to develop a wobble because they are so tall and skinny. Then there's the outstanding fuel economy, at least with the AWD units.

LS1Mike
12-21-08, 08:07 PM
If you are really basing purchase of this vehicle on interior or fuel economy, IMO you are kind of missing the point.
It is a heavy, people hauler, that can tow that runs 13's in the AWD or RWD version. The rest is secondary.
It is like an F-body, Mustang or Vette. You don't roll in going well the dash is plastic, and will my gas mileage suck while im out running your moms Camary? You roll in saying, Damn this shit moves out and good at good price!
Then again, I have never made a vehicle purchase based of interior, plastic is plastic no matter what you put it in.

Jesda
12-21-08, 10:23 PM
The TB interior is sufficient for a truck. If it was a sedan or luxury-badged car I'd have some gripes, but this is a Chevrolet truck.

RightTurn
12-21-08, 10:51 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z117/sarahw422/Chevy.gif

Cliff8928
12-22-08, 01:11 AM
You don't roll in going well the dash is plastic, and will my gas mileage suck while im out running your moms Camry? You roll in saying, Damn this shit moves out and good at good price!

That's exactly what I thought when I test drove the V before I picked it up.

All in all, the Bravada has the nicest interior of those trucks, but they are all 6-cylinders.

Aron9000
12-22-08, 03:48 AM
I'd get it if its a RWD version. You have no need for AWD in Florida, all that is going to do is guzzle more gas and run slower times at the strip.

The interior is kind of meh . . . Nicer than a regular trailblazer, but not all that great.

96Fleetwood
12-22-08, 07:39 AM
For the money, you can't complain... . Try to find a 400 hp SUV that is a year or two old for that kind of money.... you can't! Even a Porsche Cayenne S is rated at a 385hp and you have to go back to a 2004 or 2005 to get it for the price of a TBSS.

trukk
12-22-08, 10:17 PM
LOL, you McTard, why'd you tank the V1 if you are just gonna pick this up?

-Chris

MauiV
12-23-08, 11:32 PM
I was debating dumping the V for a new TBSS that I found for $24k when the V was causing me headaches but I am now happy with her again and her head is off the chopping block.....for now.