: So it's 4:30am and my Windstar just randomly started

Jon
12-21-08, 05:52 AM
:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Weird as ****... I've had a remote starter system on the car for over a year now, never had this happen.

I'm in bed half asleep and all of a sudden I hear my Windstar start up.... Looked outside, no footprints in the snow. Went downstairs and checked the surveillance system, no one was outside... WTF

I know it has the option of starting on its own if the temperature drops below a certain setting, but it's not even that cold outside. :bonkers:

c5 rv
12-21-08, 08:34 AM
Astrostart? I remember seeing this feature in the setup instructions on the Astrostart I had installed on my Denali. The remote start was one headache after another and one of the reasons I traded the truck. No more aftermarket starters for me.

eyekandyboats.inc
12-21-08, 01:27 PM
i have another question. why do you have a ford van? LOL

Jon
12-21-08, 03:12 PM
Astrostart? I remember seeing this feature in the setup instructions on the Astrostart I had installed on my Denali. The remote start was one headache after another and one of the reasons I traded the truck. No more aftermarket starters for me.

Compustar. Never had any problems with mine.

i have another question. why do you have a ford van? LOL

lol it's my daily driver. Parents bought it brand new in '96 and I was the one that always washed it, took care of it... It got handed down to me. It is the cleanest '96 Windstar you'll ever find. Doesn't make any sense to sell it cause I'd get nothing for it... You should see the looks I get when I'm in my CTS-V and tell people my daily driver is a Ford Windstar.

http://www.jon04ctsv.com/windstargl_album4/img_2034_std.jpg

dkozloski
12-21-08, 03:35 PM
Some remote starts have a feature that can be set to keep the car at a selected temperature. You probably have this selected. RTFremotestartM.

Jon
12-21-08, 03:49 PM
Some remote starts have a feature that can be set to keep the car at a selected temperature. You probably have this selected. RTFremotestartM.
Yeah, I thought about that, but apparently mine doesn't even have the temp. sensor; I didn't get that option.

eyekandyboats.inc
12-21-08, 05:32 PM
well holy shit man that is the most immaculate van i have ever seen of that age.
got it for free. hell i am sure any one would keep it in the condition!

omg your silver CTS plate says EEEZ i think i remember tailing you on the 401 in my V a while back and i tried to "play with ya" but you didn't budge
at least i am pretty sure it says eeez

Jon
12-21-08, 05:36 PM
well holy shit man that is the most immaculate van i have ever seen of that age.
got it for free. hell i am sure any one would keep it in the condition!

omg your silver CTS plate says EEEZ i think i remember tailing you on the 401 in my V a while back and i tried to "play with ya" but you didn't budge
at least i am pretty sure it says eeez
That would have been my dad. The CTS is his daily driver/winter car. His C6 also has something with EZ in the plate lol.

Jesda
12-21-08, 11:20 PM
Holy LORD, that has to be the cleanest and nicest 1990s Windstar on the face of the earth. I always thought they drove okay and had a decent stereo. But the maintenance, like spark plug replacement, sounds nightmarish.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-21-08, 11:56 PM
Wow. I can't believe someone would actually take such meticulous care of a '96 Windstar! :p

J/K.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-22-08, 03:32 AM
http://www.v6z24.com/pictures/users/shiznitcchs/Ford_Symbol.jpg

Spyder
12-22-08, 04:58 AM
Does it have one of those radio-start things where you hit a button on a remote and it starts up for you? Freak chance that someone else has or had a similar one nearby on the same frequency? Kinda like how you hear every once in a while about a garage door opener working on a neighbors house?

Playdrv4me
12-22-08, 05:02 AM
It's probably so F-ing cold outside the cruise control deactivation switch gave up and started the car instead of catching fire.

Aron9000
12-23-08, 02:23 AM
It's probably so F-ing cold outside the cruise control deactivation switch gave up and started the car instead of catching fire.

Damn, that is pretty brutal, but hilarious at the same time.:suspense: