: Do you need to have a Caddy to be a member?? kekee...

Tuan
06-16-03, 09:03 PM
I guess if that's the case then I'm not really a member yet? hehe. Anyways, I've just recently been captured by the CTS rage, and I'm liking that car more and more everytime I see it. So much more that I'm ready to purchase one. I just have one problem. I want a Navigation System and a MT. So far I've had no luck in my search and my local dealership isn't taking orders for 2004 (even if they were, they said they wouldn't get them till September). So I'm stuck here with either a long wait or a new CTS less my Navigation System that I want ooh so badly. =) So what am I to do? Anyone have any suggestions? I want to be a new "True" member of this forum, Oh so very much... lol.. =) Thanks everyone....

Katshot
06-16-03, 09:17 PM
Don't sweat it, even Sal (the site administrator) doesn't have a Caddy ;)

banstyle
06-16-03, 10:30 PM
Welcome, from another n00b. (;

Have you taken a look at a CTS or another model with the nav built-in? I've heard bad things.. and quite honestly.. I think they're over-charging for the damn thing. I'm going my own route with installing a Windows PC in the trunk and installing a 7.4" LCD touchscreen to the console, above the head unit. Anything is possible (including GPS/Navigation) at that point.. and my setup so far is looking to be about $1800.

elwesso
06-16-03, 11:24 PM
And your favorite moderator doesnt have a caddy!!!!!

Welcome aboard!!!!

BeelzeBob
06-16-03, 11:39 PM
Welcome aboard, Tuan! Thank you for signing up! No, you don't have to own a Cadillac to be a member of this club - you just need a passion for Cadillacs! And an ambition to own one. :D

Jeez. Katshot is never gonna let me down until I get into another Caddy. Hey. I'm 32 this September and I've already owned 4 Cadillacs (and a Riviera - that almost counts).

1979 Eldorado
1980 Eldorado Biarritz
1978 Sedan DeVille
1995 Eldorado Touring Coupe

...and coming soon... another DeVille...

So I've paid my dues! :p

Mad'lac
06-17-03, 12:00 AM
Now you need a nice Fleetwood in here. :D

Tuan
06-17-03, 12:41 AM
Hehe.... I'm going get my first caddy soon :-D But I still have to work out my little issues about getting my Navi-system. Aftermarket systems are very nice as I have seen a few in other cars, but its just not the same. Plus I might not get the voice recognition and other little perks that come with the factory one... *sighs* Choices choices choices, I still don't understand why Cadillac can't just be nice to us customers and give us the options a little more a la carte. Wouldn't that be nice? Hehe... I just want a sunroof and a bright color screen in a stick. Is that too much to ask from them?? :-D

Wow... Sal talk about being loyal to the brand... hehe...

SoundAdvantage
06-20-03, 01:12 AM
WELCOME to our HangOut!
I would wait for the 2004 CTS, They will probably have bigger engines next year! Take your Time and before you buy make sure to Test drive ALL the different model Caddy's before making your decision, don't but a car for looks alone!