: 93 Deville brakes save my tail.

93DevilleUSMC
12-20-08, 05:16 AM
Tonight, I was on my way home from Wal-mart at about 0430 hours and doing about 45 on a backroad when this deer charges out not even 20 feet away. I hit the brakes and missed it's left flank by about 10 inches.

Thank you, GM, for giving my Cadillac high-standard brakes. I'd be having a damaged car towed to a shop right now if it wasn't for those excellent brakes.

Random story, I know, but I thought I'd post it up.

billc83
12-20-08, 09:31 AM
A while back, when I was still driving my '85 Eldorado, I had a near miss but wasn't saved by my brakes. While driving to work, I saw a deer cross the road. Naturally, whenever I see one deer, I slow down as I assume there is another one present. I didn't see one, so I sped up only to have a second deer come infront of my car! I swore I would hit it.

I slam on the brakes and turn violently into the other lane (I was the only motorist there, thankfully), only to see the deer made a split second 90-degree turn and is prancing parallel to the road!

One accident avoided thanks to a split-second decision on account of the deer, but I still don't know how it managed that change of momentum so quickly.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-20-08, 11:50 AM
Walmart at 4:30 AM? Are you a crack head?!

Kick94sts
12-20-08, 12:01 PM

hahahaha

the other day i was in my car driving around and there was a nice layer of snow on the ground, and sure enough some asshat blows a stop sign not 15 ft away, i slam the brakes, anti-locks are making noise, im swerving over curbs to avoid this pos beratta and i end up perpendicular on the road pointed towards the road he was on and i follow him for about 3 blocks. i should of turned on my brights and followed him more, lol.

eyekandyboats.inc
12-20-08, 12:45 PM
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! no one is in the store and it s great

93DevilleUSMC
12-20-08, 01:47 PM

No, but I am someone who hates waiting in line for the cashier. Besides, I needed to get a couple of things after being out until about 0100. I also owed mom six bucks, so I paid her back in the form of some AA batteries for a couple of toys she'd bought my little cousins. I also snagged myself a diecast 1:24 `65 GTO in greyish blue metallic with a black leather top and a black interior. :thumbsup:

Add to that the fact that I was bored before that and decided to take my car down a long, curvy state highway just for kicks.

93DevilleUSMC
12-20-08, 01:49 PM
hahahaha

the other day i was in my car driving around and there was a nice layer of snow on the ground, and sure enough some asshat blows a stop sign not 15 ft away, i slam the brakes, anti-locks are making noise, im swerving over curbs to avoid this pos beratta and i end up perpendicular on the road pointed towards the road he was on and i follow him for about 3 blocks. i should of turned on my brights and followed him more, lol.

That's what he gets for nearly killing you, eh? Nice!

urbanski
12-20-08, 01:50 PM
i usually wake up at 4:30 :)

93DevilleUSMC
12-20-08, 01:50 PM
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! no one is in the store and it s great

^^YEAH, that!

93DevilleUSMC
12-20-08, 01:56 PM
i usually wake up at 4:30 :)

That's about 0730L over here. Hey, how close are you to Galveston?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-20-08, 10:11 PM
If I'm up at 4:30, somethings very wrong, or I'm at an all-nighter, which is very rare.

gdwriter
12-21-08, 12:24 AM
For basic disc/drum brakes, the ones in the DeVille have excellent stopping power. I've had the brakes in Cruella save my bacon before, too. Glad you and your car came away unscathed.

93DevilleUSMC
12-21-08, 07:04 AM
If I'm up at 4:30, somethings very wrong, or I'm at an all-nighter, which is very rare.

You'd hate my Saturday shift, man. 1:00PM-1:00AM. I love it, though, because I get to see some strange and funny stuff. Security is like that. For example, last week, I'm in the middle of one drunk lady who left her Jag with us, her HOT human resources manager who was trying to get her a cab, the valets, the restaurant staff, and the cabbies.

93DevilleUSMC
12-21-08, 07:14 AM
For basic disc/drum brakes, the ones in the DeVille have excellent stopping power. I've had the brakes in Cruella save my bacon before, too. Glad you and your car came away unscathed.

Thanks. I've heard more than one mechanic tell me how great a job Cadillac does with brakes.

77CDV
12-21-08, 01:59 PM

I refuse to acknowledge that there is any such thing as 4:30 AM.