: Amp Output Speaker Wire Colors ?

ac02sls
12-19-08, 09:07 PM
:banghead:
2002 SLS non/Bose (with SUB and ((I assume)) AMP)

Does any one have a speaker wire diagram for my car? I need to know what color wires go to which speaker. If not a Diagram, has anyone made a written list ?

I Think that the AMP is behind the back seat, is this Correct ?
Can I get to it thru the trunk or do I have to access it from inside the car.

I did note on the SUB that there are 4 speaker wires going to it.
Thanks,
AC

:banghead:

CadillacSTS42005
12-20-08, 10:19 AM
amp is in the trunk
drivers side
mounted to the back plastic panel behind the rear seat
i can get you wiring colors but before i do may i ask what you intend to do?

ac02sls
12-20-08, 06:17 PM
Minimum : Add my amp and subs !
Next consideration (knowing how these things allways snowball for me)(every car I have owned for the past 25 years has had some sort of system or other) ; ; ;
Option #2 : using LOC's off of the speaker outs from the amp and adding a 4 channel for the speakers.
A big question I have is how many channel outputs (speakers) does the factory amp have (seeing as there are 8 speakers total). Do the front door speakers have crossovers for the tweeters or are the tweeters on seperate channels from the amp ?
I already have the subs and sub-amp from my old car. I just bought a 4 channel amp and if need be (for this to work) I can get another 4 channel amp.
I also have an old 4 channel EQ with sub-outs as another option.
I was looking for a wiring diagram so I could see if I need 1 or 2 4 channel amps and when I go to do the install I don't have to waste a lot of time figuring out which speaker wires from the factory amp go to which speaker.
I'm just trying to get a better understanding as How the SLS system works, what I'm considering and to come up with a plan. I read about the JL Cleansweep idea and I don't like that option for several reasons.
I Appreciate the help.
AC
acloud@fuse.net

CadillacSTS42005
12-20-08, 06:34 PM
imho if you dont know what your doing i dont recommend doing it yourself...
research ALOT before attempting
all speakers/crossover is controlled by the amp, the hu communicates with it to adjust the speakers, ie unplugging the amp WILL cause MAJOR issues for your car
if you need help im in Pittsburgh PA

ac02sls
12-21-08, 02:26 AM
I'm not a professional, but I have done my own installs (amps, HU's, crossovers,EQ's,etc) for the past 25 or so years. I havent done one to a newer car with factory amps. I don't plan on/or want to remove the Factory HU or bypass the factory amp and lose functionality (Steering wheel controls,etc). That is why I was looking at using the High level speaker outputs (after the factory amp/crossover) to input into my amp/amps. I just dont know how many outputs there are from the factory amp and what the wire colors are for each speaker. If I need to run 2@ 4 channel amps do get the job done, then that's what I'll do. Like I said, I'm not a PRO installer , but I do have a darned good Idea of what to do.
Do you have any diagrams for the wire colors and/or amps ?
:thepan:I can't make my question any more simple than that ! !
AC

CadillacSTS42005
12-21-08, 10:03 AM
just making sure your aware of what your getting into
sorry for tryn to help
ill send it

ac02sls
12-21-08, 01:00 PM
Just frustrated. Did'nt mean to sound ungratefull.
I Appreciate the help.
Thanks Again,
AC

ac02sls
12-25-08, 01:16 PM
just making sure your aware of what your getting into
sorry for tryn to help
ill send it

I haven't received that info yet !:yawn::rolleyes:

CadillacSTS42005
12-25-08, 05:16 PM
holidays man