: Got my VIN and sticker today. The car should be delivered to the dealer tommorow!

darjae
12-19-08, 12:27 AM
...can't wait. I couldn't sleep last night and it was 2 days away....maybe I should just stay awake tonight :)

Crystal Red auto. btw, is there any way to decode the vin to determine the build number of your car? Really just wondering how many made it out before the shutdown.

GMX322V S/C
12-19-08, 12:52 AM
Congrats, hopefully my car will be coming in tomorrow as well. According to the 2009 Passenger Car VIN System GM document, the last six digits of the VIN are the "Production Sequence/Serial Number." An insider will need to clarify whether it actually corresponds to the literal build sequence though...

RightTurn
12-19-08, 12:54 AM
:woot:

darjae
12-19-08, 12:58 AM
I read the same thing....but if that's true (according to my VIN), they have produced more that 150K cars in the past 6 weeks :)

GMX322V S/C
12-19-08, 01:10 AM
Heh-- I took a look at mine and I see what you mean. I was thinking maybe they started at 15xxxx, but Short-Throw's VIN blows that idea out of the water...

darjae
12-19-08, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I know that they have always been secretive about the numbers, but geez! just give me ...1, ...2, ...3 and I would be happy (well....happier, already happy)

CIWS
12-19-08, 08:04 AM
Today is your Day :cheer:

darjae
12-19-08, 07:14 PM
Car was delivered to dealer today, but not until around 5. So, it's a 9am appt for me tommorow morning! I had a tough enough time sleeping last night! Tonight is gonna suck ;)

But it'll be all better tommorow.

Short-Throw
12-19-08, 07:24 PM
Car was delivered to dealer today, but not until around 5. So, it's a 9am appt for me tommorow morning! I had a tough enough time sleeping last night! Tonight is gonna suck ;)

9am appt?.....You'll be there at 6am!

You'll sleep fine tonight. The anxiety is gone as you know the car is there!

CIWS
12-19-08, 07:30 PM

Yeah man, hit the hay this evening knowing the car is there and you can dream tonight about what you'll be doing tomorrow. :)

darjae
12-19-08, 07:42 PM
9am appt?.....You'll be there at 6am!

Yeah, I tried to convince my wife that I should just sleep in the parking lot.....she's not hearing it! :cookoo:

Short-Throw
12-19-08, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I tried to convince my wife that I should just sleep in the parking lot.....she's not hearing it! :cookoo:

It's best you give her a night, your CTS-V affair starts tomorrow. The V will never have a headache and love when you drive it hard!

Mike

ucla95
12-19-08, 11:32 PM
So are you getting the $2000 rebate??

darjae
12-19-08, 11:41 PM
I got $2k off the price , but officially not the 2K allowance. My dealer didn't give the 2k allowance on the other one they delivered (I was number 2). I would have fought for it, but it wasn't necessary. I was 2 days to late for that, but I went armed with my printout that showed 1/5/09 and my check for the total amount (minus 2K) and it wasn't that much of a negotiation ;)

darjae
12-19-08, 11:45 PM
It's best you give her a night, your CTS-V affair starts tomorrow. The V will never have a headache and love when you drive it hard!

Mike

You know it. My current love ('05 modded GTO) is gonna sit in the garage forever....unless the baby (V2) needs to go to the hospital....(or the "plastic" surgeon) :) She (My Wife) is absolutely sick of me talking about it, but she understands that I do what I do (business-wise) so that I can do what I want to do, so it's really not a problem. :)

Can't wait to really join the club. It's the 1st time ever that I've bought a car that I know will exceed my expectations!

darjae

GMX322V S/C
12-21-08, 03:33 PM
So...are your cheeks hurting from grinning so much yet? :D

darjae
12-21-08, 04:17 PM
So...are your cheeks hurting from grinning so much yet? :D

You know it. I told my wife you can't help but smile when you're driving it. She didn't believe me until I let her drive it for a few minutes. She immediately got a grin on her face that wouldn't go away. Her only remark was "Now I understand what you've been rambling on about for the last year!" :yup:

I've been finding reasons that I need to run errands just to get back in that car! Speaking of....just heard her say we need milk.....and I'm off! ;)

CIWS
12-21-08, 06:49 PM
I've been finding reasons that I need to run errands just to get back in that car!

Yeah man, quit sitting on your ass and go help our struggling economy by buying some gas. :)

darjae
12-21-08, 06:52 PM
Yeah man, quit sitting on your ass and go help our struggling economy by buying some gas. :)

Already did....man is she thirsty :xgrin: