: 4.762 0-60 logged

wildwhl
06-26-04, 01:57 AM
On Gtech this afternoon. Don't want to start a flame war - but it happened - and I intend to (someday) download it for you to see.

Also, got a call from Vince this afternoon - and he was quite upset that the reflash for oil temp had yet to hit our V's...sounded like something might happen (what? I don't know).

Really just wanted to let you know that a 4.6 IS possible...and I'm getting closer.

Wildwhl

StealthV
06-26-04, 02:08 AM
:thumbsup: Wild, do you have the stock tires and/or FG2? What's the secret? Power shifting? :burn:

wildwhl
06-26-04, 03:22 AM
:thumbsup: Wild, do you have the stock tires and/or FG2? What's the secret? Power shifting? :burn:

Stock tires (though only about 45% tread remain), no FG2, looooonnnnnggggggg clutch "feathering" (official GM term), and of course my car does have the M.P.I. CAK (not that I think it makes a difference).

I backed it up with a 4.9 - not a 4.6 for sure - but think I've got it. Question now is whether I want to continue the abuse (because it is abuse) to hit a 4.6, which simply is becoming a number that doesn't matter to me any more :-)

My arse tells me the car is plenty fast, as do the nameplates in the rearview. :)

DgtalPimp
06-26-04, 04:29 AM
Stock tires (though only about 45% tread remain), no FG2, looooonnnnnggggggg clutch "feathering" (official GM term), and of course my car does have the M.P.I. CAK (not that I think it makes a difference).

I backed it up with a 4.9 - not a 4.6 for sure - but think I've got it. Question now is whether I want to continue the abuse (because it is abuse) to hit a 4.6, which simply is becoming a number that doesn't matter to me any more :-)

My arse tells me the car is plenty fast, as do the nameplates in the rearview.

Wildhl -- when the hell did you order a butt-O-meter 2004 and get it calibrated?

Dgtal

wildwhl
06-26-04, 05:04 AM
Dgtal -

You only WISH it was a buttometer 2004!
I have an arsea-Geee_revoVIII-sport/tach_compu2016, release 2.117, V1.33, circa 1970!

Beats that buttometer any day of the week! :want:

globed70
06-26-04, 09:54 AM
Congratulations on your fun with the G-tech. I'd love to see a controlled test on your part. To me, that means the same road, 3 passes each way over the exact same area... we need to ensure 0% grade. Then we can look at the best result each direction and average the two... that will then be a good result. Also, to others using the Gtech: keep in mind that the 1/4 mile results are not equivalent to the strip. Not picking, just supporting your research. What was the temp BTW?

I have spoken to folks at GMPD (engineers, communications managers, platform managers) recently again, after being promised in March that a reflash was on the way in "a month or two." They are all saying the same thing: they can't understand why Cadillac hasn't released the re-flash, or what could be wrong . Sound like one big cluster-f over there. :rant2:

DgtalPimp
06-26-04, 01:16 PM
Dgtal -

You only WISH it was a buttometer 2004!
I have an arsea-Geee_revoVIII-sport/tach_compu2016, release 2.117, V1.33, circa 1970!

Beats that buttometer any day of the week! :want:
Wildwhl -- Well yeah that beats my butt-O-meter, but look how much you had to put in your arse to get it to do that. :rofl:

Dgtal

wildwhl
06-26-04, 01:37 PM
Congratulations on your fun with the G-tech. I'd love to see a controlled test on your part. To me, that means the same road, 3 passes each way over the exact same area... we need to ensure 0% grade. Then we can look at the best result each direction and average the two... that will then be a good result. Also, to others using the Gtech: keep in mind that the 1/4 mile results are not equivalent to the strip. Not picking, just supporting your research. What was the temp BTW?

I have spoken to folks at GMPD (engineers, communications managers, platform managers) recently again, after being promised in March that a reflash was on the way in "a month or two." They are all saying the same thing: they can't understand why Cadillac hasn't released the re-flash, or what could be wrong . Sound like one big cluster-f over there. :rant2:

I have been attempting controlled testing as mentioned above when possible. My "Initial Gtech result..." post was done more in the manner which you suggest - and the averages I posted there are from at least three runs at the same area that I believe to have 0% grade (if anything, it is a very shallow incline on this road). The Gtech thing is more a tool for me to improve myself and my vehicle, as I've stated before. I don't consider the numbers to be entirely accurate of actual performance, only close, consistent approximations.

Yes, Vince sounded a bet ticked off about it and suggested that action would be taken quite soon when we spoke Thursday. I don't recall his exact words but they were convincing at least to me. Hope the reflash is here soon...and Corsa...and MagnaCharger...and :bouncy:

GNSCOTT
06-26-04, 11:16 PM
Get the car to a track and see what you can run with that 0-60. We tested an old g-tech pro at a track a couple years ago and found it very accurate.

StealthV
06-26-04, 11:20 PM
That 0-60 time will be in the 12.9-13.0 ballpark. BTW, clutches are cheap. :)

wildwhl
06-27-04, 02:16 AM
What's the secret? Power shifting? :burn:

Well, I was told by someone at GMPD that this is how they did it

:shhh:

I of course would NEVER powershift ANYTHING (Did I ever mention I ride dirt and street bikes too? Ever see what it does to the internals? Nah, me neither!) :rolleyes:

b4z
06-27-04, 09:28 AM
You guys might remember that when the 2001 Z06 came out with the 385 hp engine(not the 405hp it has now), GM was saying in ads that it had a 4.1 sec or 4.3 sec(can't remember) 0-60 time.
Nobody, I repeat nobody equaled that 0-60 time.
So there is a precedence for GM posting times that most people can't duplicate.
I would also guess that the V that posted the 0-60 time had a balanced and blueprinted engine.
But I wouldn't complain about a sedan that can do it in 4.7 secs.
That is quick in anybody's book.

b4z
06-27-04, 10:21 AM
Found this post at cheersandgears.com
by "caddyone".

NOS: I can't confirm a 700HP CTSv since I have no info on that but, a 500HP CTSv is cooming 100%(If their are any doubts about that).

Anyway the wheel hop defect is not a problem. According to my brother, the more you drive it, the better you learn how to avoid it. It sort of like having an extremly powerful car and you try to avoid doing a huge burnout during a launch but in this case it's the wheel hop. As I can see my brother started out with high 13s when he bought the car but, has brought it down to 13.16@107.16. It's a matter of experience.

By the way, he got his highest trap speed two weeks ago when he hit 13.22@109.4.

Clintonwmills
06-29-04, 03:55 PM
Found this post at cheersandgears.com
by "caddyone".

NOS: I can't confirm a 700HP CTSv since I have no info on that but, a 500HP CTSv is cooming 100%(If their are any doubts about that).

Anyway the wheel hop defect is not a problem. According to my brother, the more you drive it, the better you learn how to avoid it. It sort of like having an extremly powerful car and you try to avoid doing a huge burnout during a launch but in this case it's the wheel hop. As I can see my brother started out with high 13s when he bought the car but, has brought it down to 13.16@107.16. It's a matter of experience.

By the way, he got his highest trap speed two weeks ago when he hit 13.22@109.4.
Lets see a slip for that 13.1

BeelzeBob
06-29-04, 04:22 PM
You guys don't power shift...?????....!!!! You think that you are going to win drag races granny shifting...??? LOL LOL

b4z
06-29-04, 04:29 PM
Clintonwmills,

He posted a jpeg of the slips but they didn't come up on my computer so
when I "copied and pasted" I left the attachment out of my post.

CaddyGeek
06-29-04, 07:30 PM
The time slip, supposedly....

Cal
06-30-04, 01:14 AM
It's hard to win drag races when all the girls in bikinis are getting out of the STi's to come ride in the Caddy. Adds a lot of drag.

DgtalPimp
06-30-04, 11:49 AM
It's hard to win drag races when all the girls in bikinis are getting out of the STi's to come ride in the Caddy. Adds a lot of drag.
Cal - your not referencing another post (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15415) are you?

:cheers:

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

Cal
06-30-04, 12:36 PM
Was trying to offer a new strategy for you to win all the runs.

DgtalPimp
06-30-04, 12:40 PM
Plus that’s not a bad idea for all passengers. Hot chicks in bikinis only stickers anyone?

wildwhl
06-30-04, 11:33 PM
Set a new 0-60 record today.

Since the V is in the shop getting it's arse end replaced, I went the other direction. Plugged the G-tech into the LandRover Freeloader loaner and managed a whopping 11.3 seconds - but hey - it is consistent to within a 10th on all passes tried (can you tell I was really bored?).

So, I think advertised 0-60 is like 10.5 seconds - and I'm betting that this thing has been overrated on horsepower and performance...will have to consider starting a lawsuit on this loaner now too, I suppose :)

b4z
07-01-04, 08:11 AM
We used to own a '77 Cevrolet Impala wagon.
305cu. 2 barrel. 145 hp. 2.29 rearend(!!!!).
0-60 in 14 seconds!!! :)

After that we bought a '82 Impala Sedan.
267cu. 2 barrel. 115 hp.
0-60 in 15 seconds!!!! :)

Can anybody beat that?

DgtalPimp
07-01-04, 01:32 PM
1979 automatic rabbit (puke yellow)

0 – 60 18 seconds (down hill run)

StealthV
07-01-04, 01:41 PM
Any correlation between pushing the 0-60 envelope and the rear-end disintegrating? Hopefully yours and the handful of others with bad diffs are the result of an isolated imanufacturing defect or an assembly problem, not a design issue.

wildwhl
07-01-04, 02:23 PM
Any correlation between pushing the 0-60 envelope and the rear-end disintegrating? Hopefully yours and the handful of others with bad diffs are the result of an isolated imanufacturing defect or an assembly problem, not a design issue.

I don't think so. The whine was there in the beginning, even before I started pushing the car. I noticed it at about 200 miles on the odometer, but was waiting for the oil temp reflash to be available before making an appointment (still isn't).

Also, there are MANY other instances of the rear-ends failing in SRX and CTS's on this board, as I found through a recent search. It is a design issue and something that could be quite costly for GM should they not address it quickly.

Devil_concours
07-01-04, 02:29 PM
I don't think so. The whine was there in the beginning, even before I started pushing the car. I noticed it at about 200 miles on the odometer, but was waiting for the oil temp reflash to be available before making an appointment (still isn't).

Also, there are MANY other instances of the rear-ends failing in SRX and CTS's on this board, as I found through a recent search. It is a design issue and something that could be quite costly for GM should they not address it quickly.
check it out. Dealer called me this morning
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16037

urbanski
07-01-04, 02:30 PM
So, I think advertised 0-60 is like 10.5 seconds - and I'm betting that this thing has been overrated on horsepower and performance...will have to consider starting a lawsuit on this loaner now too, I suppose :)AHAHAH :D