: What are you GIVING for Christmas?

EcSTSatic
12-18-08, 01:17 PM
Christmas is the time for giving. I hit the motherlode when I started giving my wife gift certificates to a local health spa called Healing Waters. She loves that place. My other good find on CyberMonday was a WeatherTech cargo liner for my bro-in-law's new Rav4.

We usually donate coats and blankets to the needy - "At this festive time of year, Mr. Scrooge, it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time."

Jesda
12-18-08, 01:57 PM
Shot glass that says Florida. Cost me $3.00. That's a lot of money for a shot glass during a recession!

billc83
12-18-08, 02:16 PM
My newly graduated sister is getting a GPS system for her upcoming life journey. Still not sure what I'm getting for pops. Maybe a surround sound system? Assorted other goodies like movies/CDs. The jury's still out...

The extended family has pissed on tradition; we are now exchanging gifts in the form of 'White Elephant' rather than 'Secret Santa.' Whoever picks my gift gets a Remote Controlled Tarantula. Hopefully my arachniphobic cousin!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-18-08, 02:16 PM
I bought my Mom a new digital camera because we got the old one 6 years ago and it takes sucky pictures. I got my Dad a new office chair (those damn things have gotten way too expensive) because his finally broke.

I split up my Christmas bonus (a whopping $100) and donated it to the Salvation Army, Children's Miracle Network (we collect for them at work) and a local thing done through my old high school called the "Giving Tree."

c5 rv
12-18-08, 09:10 PM
I bought my wife a HP digital picture frame and am having the kids send pics of the grandkids. It will be loaded up by Christmas morning. I keep telling her that I've buying her a pink motorcycle helmet for my new bike (that I'm not buying). Most of the kids want cash or gift certificates for themselves and grandkids.

"G$"
12-18-08, 09:25 PM
not that there's anything wrong with "getting" a gift right?

I feel like your thread is mocking my thread! I want to give you a gift....ORIGINALITY! :stirpot:

ewill3rd
12-18-08, 09:56 PM
I gave my folks a DVD player to replace their fried one, only it turns out my sister already gave them one, so now they will have two! Also I am giving them a DVD of over 1,000 photos of us and the Grandson accumulated since last Christmas, a hat I got for my dad at the airshow and something else.
My sister gets nothing unless she asks, and that is what I expect from her. She has two teenage boys that I might mail some cash to but I just gave them $100 each last month for Birthdays!

The wife gets an FM modulator for her new ipod that she got last week for her birthday and some new undies :D

My son gets some movies, books, and likely some assorted toys as my wife finds them in storage.

Some of my helpers get cash or gifts depending on how good they have been and whether or not I actually know what to buy for them. One of them I have covered, the other.... not so sure.
Maybe a nice lunch out for everyone tomorrow?

The mother in law gets to add to her DVD collection and from there I haven't much decided.
I am about out of time to do any ordering I guess so anybody that wants anything else will have to hit me up for the post-Christmas sales.

Have a happy one everybody!

dkozloski
12-18-08, 10:22 PM
I'll give the wife some gold and jewels. She likes that stuff. Everybody else gets money except for one grandson who uses foul language with his mother so the best he can hope for is a smile and a handshake.

blue07cts
12-18-08, 10:30 PM
got my best friend stef a coah purse and matching wallet, got a getaway weekend in my hometown of tampa, sister gets gift certificate 2 NORDSTOMRS since she seems to be addicted to that place, niece and nephew and most other friends get visa gift cards. also donates a lot of food/toys/100 bucks to the local animal shelter.

Coma
12-19-08, 10:08 AM
I'm buying a new Kenmore grill for my parents, Wii Remote Charger w/ 4 Lithium Ion Batteries for a friend, D&D Players Handbook 4th Edition for a friend, some ridiculous slippers from American Eagle for another buddy of mine, and some classic, must-watch DVD movies for my favorite cousin. Also got her the 'So What' single by P!nk. Damn thing is sold out everywhere and impossible to find. Had to import it from Hong Kong. Cost me 235HK$ shipped.

I'll give the wife some gold and jewels.

Best wording ever. :histeric:

nickc50310
12-19-08, 01:04 PM
Got a silver and gold tiffany bracelet for the GF

Got my brother a $70 Best buy gift certificate

$50 GC for a local restaraunt for the old man/step mother

$50 GC for a local resaraunt for my grandparents

$40 GC to a restaurant for my GF's brother and wife

$40 GC to a restaurant for my GF's parents

$50 GC to barnes and noble for mom

$25 dollars to GF's cousin (we drew his name for the big christmas)

$30 GC to local restaurant for step sister

$90 in new shirts for two needy twin boys where my mom teaches

Wow I spent alot this year! I never know what to get people so I always get lots of gift certificates for people! :bouncy:

Coma
12-19-08, 02:29 PM
Gift certificates are, in my opinion, the worst form of a gift to anyone.

Ah, what the hell. I got two restaurant gift cards for my aunt and uncle. I'm just lazy I guess!

nickc50310
12-19-08, 05:52 PM
I beg to differ. This way I know they get something they like. I hate when you get a gift that sucks and you have to act all happy about it! LOL!! This way i wont be giving any shitty gifts!