: Rear parking sensors not working

coralreef35mm
12-18-08, 12:58 PM
When I go into reverse all I get is one blinking red light and no audio???

Any idae on the fix?

TSS
12-18-08, 01:35 PM
I know sometimes snow on the sensors can screw mine up. Can't tell if snow is an issue where you live based on your supplied info. Also, make sure you did not accidentally hit the parking assist off button. My 07 has one of those buttons, and I am thinking yours might too.

KrazyKeith
12-31-08, 04:48 PM
When I go into reverse all I get is one blinking red light and no audio???

Any idae on the fix?

Hey coral-reef.

Did you figure this out and get your audio back for the parking sensors?

whosurpopi
01-04-09, 11:34 AM
I had the same problem, turned out one of the sensors came unplugged. The little clip that had held it in broke. I had to use tape to hold it on tight, and now it works fine.

KrazyKeith
01-04-09, 08:05 PM
I had the same problem, turned out one of the sensors came unplugged. The little clip that had held it in broke. I had to use tape to hold it on tight, and now it works fine.

if a sensor is bad will it also mute the sound? if so, how does one know which is bad?

will confirm nothing is unplugged 1st.

whosurpopi
01-05-09, 08:36 PM
Yes, the sound was muted when it was unplugged. It could also be a bad wire (although I have heard of the sensors getting damaged.)

luxurylife33
01-05-09, 11:43 PM
I have a red blinking light as well.... it stopped working about a month ago... no volume or yellow lights anymore

bskaug420
01-08-09, 12:21 AM
I just purchased my used 05 ext. I have noticed that i have the same problem. My single red light continues to blink but no yellow light nor any sound!!! i backed into my fence the first time i tried because i wanted to see how accurate they were!!! damn things don't work at all.. Im planning on taking my truck to get it fixed soon if nobody on here has any other advice for this problem. thanks.

KrazyKeith
01-08-09, 04:44 PM
If anyone knows how to diagonse the sensors to find the failed ones, and could share with us, that'd be much appreicated.

I dont wanna replace them all if I dont have to.

Some beeping assistance when I back up would be GREAT.

:)

bskaug420
01-09-09, 03:05 AM
Well i finally got to the bottom of this problem. I got bored this evening and decided to go outside and see if i could tackle this sensor issue.. I crawled under the back bumper and inspected all the sensor connections. I noticed that one sensor wasn't even plugged in. So i plugged it in and drove the vehicle in reverse. I ended up with the SAME issue. Just one red blinking light with no noise.

So then i crawled back under there and noticed that the connection on that plug wasn't the greatest so i pushed it on as tight as i could and tightened it down as best i could with a zip tie. I then hopped back in and drove in reverse and all of the sudden there was a yellow light as well as noise. It is now working perfectly!!! This would be much easier to trouble shoot with two people so the one under the car could squeeze the plugs tighter as the other person keeps there foot on the brake to see if the yellow light comes on!! good luck.

whosurpopi
01-10-09, 11:28 AM
Congratulations, That is exactly what was wrong with mine. I used tape to create the good connection, but the zip tie seems like a great Idea. By the way, I have four sensors that are new if anybody wants them. I purchased them before I found my bad connection. $200 for the set shipped.

credmond
01-16-09, 11:27 PM
Thanks. Mine has not worked since I bought it, I went under and they all looked good but i pushed them all tight anyways and now they work. I guess I should have tried that sooner.

KrazyKeith
01-17-09, 01:20 AM
I've got one that's unplugged, I tried to plug it in but it doesnt stay clicked in.

Havent had the chance to do the "2 person" method, but I will try soon as I can, the weather here in NY has been COLD so its not even an option at this point to try. Hopefully I can get it plugged in or at least zip tie it as mentioned and have it work :)

If not at least I have a feeling I know which sensor is bad (the unplugged one)

Texasreb
03-07-09, 12:07 PM
If anyone knows how to diagonse the sensors to find the failed ones, and could share with us, that'd be much appreicated.

I dont wanna replace them all if I dont have to.

Some beeping assistance when I back up would be GREAT.

:)There is a diagnostic link in a similar thread using tag URPA, Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist.

If you can't find it, reply to my post here and I will get the email.

I can't figure out to get to my sensor in my '01 deville.

KrazyKeith
03-07-09, 12:58 PM
There is a diagnostic link in a similar thread using tag URPA, Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist.

If you can't find it, reply to my post here and I will get the email.

I can't figure out to get to my sensor in my '01 deville.

Let us know :yup:

fasteddyII
03-07-09, 03:09 PM
This?
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3/Eddywill/rearsensorschematic.jpg

luxurylife33
03-08-09, 05:13 AM
please! .... i hate that it stopped working 2 weeks after i bought it

Tug Boat
03-08-09, 11:38 AM
Take a look at this thread. It will show you how to short the diagnostic connector which is under the passenger seat drivers side. If you can't see it, you will have to remove the box cover where the URPA module sits.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/electrical-technical-information/126330-my-urpa-just-died-poof.html

Good Luck. I now know which of my sensors aren't working, but have yet to replace them.

luxurylife33
03-09-09, 11:12 AM
My diagnostic test confirms my left corner sensor is shot or the connection is bad. Thanks for the help!

DesmoQuattro
04-19-09, 09:24 PM
whosurpopi, I would like to buy a sensor from you if you have one left. I can't PM you, because I may be spam, and can't figure out how to forward my message thru the forum gurus, because I'm not spam, and the process is arcane. If you are still watching this thread go ahead and email me -

DesmoQuattro
04-20-09, 10:58 AM
zerocarpileup - got your message, but I can't reply either. my e-mail address is ducati@telus.net. Spam me - er e-mail me!:duck:
Thanks!

Eldo1953
04-22-09, 07:25 PM
Anyone else have any sensors for sale?

JDD
04-28-09, 04:11 PM
Congratulations, That is exactly what was wrong with mine. I used tape to create the good connection, but the zip tie seems like a great Idea. By the way, I have four sensors that are new if anybody wants them. I purchased them before I found my bad connection. $200 for the set shipped.
Do you still have the parking sensors for sale?

MartiRam
04-29-09, 11:41 AM
Can someone please take pics and post please - I want to see what sensor is unplugged and what it looks like.

Thanks,
MR

caddyext21
04-29-09, 08:09 PM
if you guys want to get sensors check ebay... i bout a set for $105.99 with free shipping

easter9053
05-03-09, 11:22 AM
if you guys want to get sensors check ebay... i bout a set for $105.99 with free shipping

How did these Ebay aftermarket rear sensors work for you. Is this the four set or is it just one? I was hesitant to buy this, because one of my original sensors is actually broken, an all I need is one to replace.

luxurylife33
05-03-09, 12:02 PM
How did these Ebay aftermarket rear sensors work for you. Is this the four set or is it just one? I was hesitant to buy this, because one of my original sensors is actually broken, an all I need is one to replace.

i wouldn't trust aftermarket

caddyext21
05-03-09, 08:43 PM
its one sensor but u get extra clips and covers for it.. i havent put it on.. i just bought it for a back up part, cuz i needed new clips to put on

ajeatoo
06-12-09, 05:44 PM
This is awesome - I have the same problem with my 04. They worked fine since I got it last August, but one day they mysteriously stopped about 2 or 3 months ago. It started working again once, then stopped again, and they haven't worked since.
I'm going to give this a try - sure would be nice if it was an easy fix for once!!
It's in getting the HVAC system fixed right now - it's defaulted to defrost.

zerocarpileup
06-12-09, 06:08 PM
hey guys, i got a sensor, for those who are looking for one.

zerocarpileup
06-12-09, 09:05 PM
hey guys, check out the end of the this thread

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/electrical-technical-information/126330-my-urpa-just-died-poof-2.html#post1908057

COWTOWN SURVEYOR
06-26-12, 09:36 PM
My parking assist worked great for years with my reciever hitch attached. One day it stopped working . After a trip to the dealer and some embarrassment I discovered that the little black
plastic /rubber trailer ball cover that I bought this weekend to cover up my rusty ball was just enough to set it into non working mode. Trailer hitch is still attached minus the cover and everything
is back to normal.

ddbrand
04-26-13, 03:19 AM
I know this is an old post, but if by any chance you still have those sensors, I'll take 'um!

----------

I know this is an old post, but if you by any chance should still have these, I'll be happy to buy them from you.

bigirb2002
04-26-13, 12:06 PM
mine started working AGAIN AFTER i changed my oil lmao

squiroz000
11-08-13, 05:19 AM
Thank you so much. I did exactly as you said and I fixed it, the wires were loose. Again I appreciate the information.