: Drone Problem Fixed!

trukk
12-18-08, 11:46 AM
GM apparently just released a TSB regarding the 'drone' issue on the automatic '09 V's. I would like to apologize to Therodan, for busting his chops earlier. I really thought this was just a made up condition. Here is the TSB text excerpt:

Engine Drone at low RPMs in 6th gear

#12-08-17-022 Information on Engine Drone 2009 Cadillac CTS-V with 6.2L Engine (VIN U - RPO LSA) and Automatic Transmission (VIN U - RPO MX0)

Some of the above vehicles may exhibit a slight increase sound levels produced by the engine when the car is driven at low RPMs in a high gear. The sound is most prevalent when cruising on the highway in 6th gear. This engine noise begins in the first several thousand miles/kilometers of use. The noise is most often noticed during initial start-up and typically disappears as the engine warms up, however it may still be noticeable after the car warms up. The noise is usually more noticeable when temperature is below 10 degrees C (50 degrees F) or if the vehicle has not been used for several days. This noise may be caused by a reverberation or harmonic that is caused by the bladder of air trapped in the users cervix. Interaction between the engine and the driver may be degraded due to the Automatic Transmission (VIN U - RPO MX0). GM Powertrain engineering, and an analysis of engines returned with this condition, has confirmed that the noise is not detrimental to the performance, reliability or durability of the engine. It has also been determined that this noise only affects our more sensitive or fragile drivers. The noise does not have any effect on the longevity of any of the engine components. Important at this time, the only complete fix is to replace the automatic transmission with the T6060 manual gear box. GM engineers understand that for most drivers with the cervix harmonic issue this will not be an option. GM will be providing an optional muffle kit which will reduce the unwanted noise. Please see the attached photo for the prototype muffle kit. The kit will be released in the near future, under a separate TSB. Please share the information found in this bulletin with customers who inquire about this condition. In the event they have additional questions or concerns, please advise them to contact Customer Assistance.

-Chris

Here is the attached muffle kit picture:

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/5373/picture1a539dcdb2.jpg

dvandentop
12-18-08, 11:56 AM
LMAO hilarious looked legit for a bit there :D

RightTurn
12-18-08, 11:59 AM
:golfclap: CadillacFAQ, FTW!

urbanski
12-18-08, 12:12 PM
oh dear lord

thoredan
12-18-08, 12:21 PM
GM apparently just released a TSB regarding the 'drone' issue on the automatic '09 V's. I would like to apologize to Therodan, for busting his chops earlier. I really thought this was just a made up condition. Here is the TSB text excerpt:

-Chris

Here is the attached muffle kit picture:

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/5373/picture1a539dcdb2.jpg

I am sure glad u know how to use photo shop CS3. Now if you only had something usefull to post about the REAL PROBLEM.

CTSV_Rob
12-18-08, 12:39 PM
Holy shit that was funny!

dqw1
12-18-08, 01:41 PM
Post of the week!:highfive:

trukk
12-18-08, 02:24 PM
I am sure glad u know how to use photo shop CS3. Now if you only had something usefull to post about the REAL PROBLEM.

Dan, just messin with ya :thepan:.

-Chris

dkozloski
12-18-08, 02:27 PM
Would that be you?

thebigjimsho
12-18-08, 02:35 PM
I am sure glad u know how to use photo shop CS3. Now if you only had something usefull to post about the REAL PROBLEM.Is that extra L for loser? Or is that looser? hahahahahaha

Florian
12-18-08, 02:50 PM
Brilliant post! Imaginary rep points.

F

the cadillac kid
12-18-08, 02:58 PM
lmao.

:zing:

Flyboy
12-18-08, 03:22 PM
I read the TSB with great interest, and looked further. Then.......I was ROFLMAO!!!!!

Very good post....

Kadonny
12-18-08, 04:23 PM

I realize you may have a real problem in your eyes, but damn you need to lighten up.

Trukk, funny shit. Thanks for the laugh.

Koooop
12-18-08, 04:27 PM
Easy on the comedy here guys, I'm sitting here trying not to work and this shit is getting distracting.

dvandentop
12-18-08, 05:04 PM
is that the superflow version that expands on throttle demand? 10+ rwhp if so!

urbanski
12-18-08, 05:09 PM
yeah but expansion would quiet her even more, -10 hp

Nutz
12-18-08, 08:14 PM
I just choked on a sandwich laughing... Oh, gawd. Then it came out my nose when I read the tags below. Stellar post.

urbanski
12-18-08, 08:19 PM
um yeah, the tags are something else

vmaniac
12-18-08, 09:10 PM
lol lol

CVP33
12-18-08, 09:57 PM
Chris,

I just want to say, from one smart ass to another..........well done sir. Well done indeed.

trukk
12-18-08, 10:25 PM
Chris,

I just want to say, from one smart ass to another..........well done sir. Well done indeed.

I learned from the best.

When are you getting your V2?

-Chris

Submariner409
12-18-08, 10:32 PM
At least the fix cures the condensation dripping on the driveway.

Maybe an aftermarket supplier can R&D a "Drone-A-Phone".

CVP33
12-18-08, 11:20 PM
I learned from the best.

When are you getting your V2?

-Chris

I'm afraid that my next V will be slightly used. Shelling out $31,000 per year for college kind of puts a drain on the 'ol finances.

MauiV
12-19-08, 12:36 AM
OF

THE

YEAR!!!!

I nominate Trukk for 6 months free membership

Fire and Ice
12-19-08, 06:23 PM
After reading this post... all I can say is "wow"

nikon
12-19-08, 07:00 PM
:histeric: :histeric:

I knew this shit would happen now that it's offered in an auto....too bad.

SoJersey05V
12-20-08, 08:20 PM
easier fix.... don't drive slow! it's got 556 f'n hp... come on now... if you want to drive in 6th at low rpms, buy the DTS, thats why they made the DTS. lol

V-Love
12-20-08, 09:13 PM
You got me too! Hilarious. I read all 3 pages and I'm still laughing while typing this. Classic.

verbs
12-20-08, 10:01 PM
Post of the month. Well done good sir, well done. Thoredan, do us all a favor and go buy a DTS.

parexa
12-20-08, 11:20 PM
Wow so many hater comments on a fellow Cadillac owner. But it's a GM product what would you expect. DTS is another GM product so that doesn't solve the REAL problem lol.
I'd be pissed too if I paid 70k for a unfinished product. Time to go european (M5, C63 baby!)

the cadillac kid
12-20-08, 11:26 PM
Wow so many hater comments on a fellow Cadillac owner. But it's a GM product what would you expect. DTS is another GM product so that doesn't solve the REAL problem lol.
I'd be pissed too if I paid 70k for a unfinished product. Time to go european (M5, C63 baby!)

DUUDE! you're s0oo0o funnah!!! ! :hurr:

:bigroll:

thoredan
12-21-08, 12:40 AM
Post of the month. Well done good sir, well done. Thoredan, do us all a favor and go buy a DTS.

LOL, no,.... well mabie when i am 80 and they make a DTS-V and I bet a get a defective one of them too......

Danny

V-Love
12-21-08, 12:57 AM
LOL, no,.... well mabie when i am 80 and they make a DTS-V and I bet a get a defective one of them too......

Danny
http://www.kessels.com/CatSounds/cat9.wav

parexa
12-21-08, 01:05 AM
http://www.kessels.com/CatSounds/cat9.wav
Oh noes, you unleashed the bandwagoners again :canttalk: You just made the post of the year and will be awarded with a 2 year supporting member badge

Vrocks
12-21-08, 01:43 AM

Danny
You definitely have a malformed or defective exhaust. I just drove one (again) for over an hour, and the car was awesome. If anything, I think it's too quiet... although not as quiet as my XLR-V was...

V-Love
12-21-08, 01:52 AM
OF

THE

YEAR!!!!

I nominate Trukk for 6 months free membership

I got 10 bucks of that if some others want to pony up.
It was that funny.
Brings me back to.... whistle tips and woot woot!

Ketzer
12-21-08, 09:52 AM
Brings me back to.... whistle tips and woot woot!

Yeah, but they jus fo' dekorayshun yo. You spose be up cookin brefass or sumpin'.

trukk
12-21-08, 06:32 PM

Oh noes, you unleashed the bandwagoners again :canttalk: You just made the post of the year and will be awarded with a 2 year supporting member badge

I may be an ass, but you are just a troll.

GTFO of my thread.

-Chris

CIWS
12-21-08, 07:45 PM

Danny

:rofl: That's the spirit man, all in good fun.

rand49er
12-21-08, 07:51 PM
There was a thread some time ago debating the gender of the V. Well, the question has now been answered!

(I gotta come over to the V2 forum more often! :yup:)