: Recaro's & Brake track package

Uncle Meat
12-18-08, 08:22 AM
Just wondering when we can place an order for an '09 V with the Recaro & track brake package. Anyone heard when these options will be available again?

U.M.

demorgan59
12-18-08, 09:43 AM
Just wondering when we can place an order for an '09 V with the Recaro & track brake package. Anyone heard when these options will be available again?

U.M.
Interior wood trim, too?? I'm hoping the delay in Recaros is for an upholstery change to add the small strip of leather to the center vertical seam so that they match the back seats.

AZstar
12-18-08, 02:46 PM
I initially placed my order without the Recaros because my wife did not want to wait for them to become available, but I stopped by the dealership today and was able to add them to my order. Apparently, they are available again. My car isn't in production yet.

CadV
12-18-08, 03:09 PM
I think it comes with the track brakes. Could be wrong but I thought it was standard.

AZstar
12-18-08, 03:14 PM
According to my dealer the track brakes are separate and not yet available. I think when mine arrives I will paint the calipers red, and save the money for something more useful like winter tires.

CadV
12-18-08, 03:23 PM
Thanks good to know. I will never take it to a track so I don't need them. All my stuff will be straight line and having fun in corners.

razl
12-18-08, 04:34 PM
Thanks good to know. I will never take it to a track so I don't need them.
If everyone flew by that mantra, we wouldn't have 95% of the mods we do for any car! Geez, you wouldn't even need a V (1 or 2) if you really stuck to it :canttalk: :)

All my stuff will be straight line and having fun in corners.
Depending on your straight line enthusiasm, you may still want those track brakes when you arrive at the inevtiable corner :stirpot:

CadV
12-18-08, 05:19 PM
If everyone flew by that mantra, we wouldn't have 95% of the mods we do for any car! Geez, you wouldn't even need a V (1 or 2) if you really stuck to it :canttalk: :)

Mods have many uses outside of courses. I got a vette setup for courses. The V is my daily driver and I am not tearing up a 70k car. V will get a few runs in the quarter mile and an occasional highway race both of which don't need track breaks.

Varsity
12-18-08, 08:30 PM

Depending on your straight line enthusiasm, you may still want those track brakes when you arrive at the inevtiable corner :stirpot:

Since when did you have corners in America?

:cool2:

vperl
12-21-08, 07:57 PM
Regardin the BRAKE package, it was mentioned in several magazines and as such little information is released.

Best that can be figured out by what was printed is that the only change would be CERAMIC pads, maybe with new caliphers, or an add on type calipher part.

That the cost is about 2K or so.

Anyone have any "REAL" information?

NormV
12-21-08, 10:53 PM
With GM's history the ZR-1 Ceramics would fit nicely on the V2 for heavy road course users. :)

Norm

atdeneve
12-21-08, 11:43 PM
Anyone got a part number / price on the ZR-1 ceramics?

vperl
12-21-08, 11:55 PM
OK, I know that this is wrong topic, but I seem not to be able to start a new thread, me being subversive maybe is the reason.

Question: Many cars have "nicknames" that seem to say what the owners of certain vehicles know.
A name that soon all know what the car is without any name of the maker. A
good example is that many call the Nissan GT-R , "Godzilla".

What nickname best fits the 2009 CTS-V . Besides the obvious names like V, or V2, what are
the kicknames that come to mind that says it all in one or two words?
like let me say, ( a bad example) like " The Thumber " .

GMX322V S/C
12-22-08, 12:52 AM
Hadn't thought about it until now, but "Hulk" (Thoom!) came to mind for some reason.

NormV
12-22-08, 09:37 AM
YouTube - "Andy Pilgrim + CTS-V = Hot Pizza"

jvp
12-22-08, 11:42 AM
Best that can be figured out by what was printed is that the only change would be CERAMIC pads, maybe with new caliphers, or an add on type calipher part.

Everything in the "track brake" package is the same as the stock brakes except:

- Front rotors are NOT slotted like they are stock
- Calipers are red

That's it. Pads are the same.

It is highly suggested that if you're going to see any track time with your V, that you get the upgraded rotors. Unless, of course, you want the red calipers, too (which are mechanically identical to the stocks). Save your money at purchase time, and just get the rotors directly from SPO when they're available.

Also, if you're going to track your car, you HAVE to get the diff cooler installed. Elsewise, you'll grenade your diff quick on the track as it will overheat in no time.

jas

Lotus Ed
12-22-08, 07:14 PM
I believe that Car & Driver stated that the Track Pkg brakes included two-piece aluminum-hatted rotors. Can anyone confirm?

atdeneve
12-22-08, 07:19 PM
Yes.

V-Love
12-23-08, 03:47 AM
^^ Two piece is correct. Keep your calipers black!

UnsafeAtAnySpd
12-24-08, 10:36 PM
Ceramic rotors would be badass but would have to cost a lot though I'd assume.

vperl
12-24-08, 11:00 PM
if any one is interested this place http://www.d3cadillac.com/vehicles-CTS-08.php may havw the upgrade some may want to look at to solve what they think they need

andrewjhaley
12-27-08, 07:23 PM
The rotors on non track optioned V's are not slotted, the track optioned vehicles should be slotted on two-piece rotors

jvp
12-27-08, 07:30 PM
The rotors on non track optioned V's are not slotted, the track optioned vehicles should be slotted on two-piece rotors

Nope, that's incorrect information. The stock V rotors were supposed to be slotted. The track ones would not be. You're correct about the track rotors being two-piece.

Why the Vs are coming stock with one-piece non-slotted rotors is the mystery right now.

jas