: Burned out light on Instrument Control Panel - 2004 escalade

docinsc
12-18-08, 07:34 AM
The bulb for one of the gauges on the instrument control panel (transmission fluid temp) has burned out. It wasnt a big deal and I didnt do anything about it. However, one of the other gauges then went bad (not the one with the bad bulb) and the dealership put in a new Instrument control panel. I noticed that the same light bulb was out. Does this make sense? Shouldn't they have checked the bulbs when they pulled the ICP? Makes me wonder if they actually put in a new panel. any input appreciated.

Lu Scola
12-18-08, 11:15 AM
You can just replace the bulbs. Its really easy. The bulbs are little Toshiba V-2 Bulbs. I think I bought the last bunch I had at radio shack. They are very cheap. It will take you 10 minutes to replace. The same bulbs are used in the clock also. I was going to change the color of my cluster with some colored sleaves. I changed my clock before. I had it lit up red. If you dont find the bulbs let me know there is a huge independant electronic store right by my house. I can pick you up some. Here is some pics of the bulb

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/stinkypinky112/toshibabulbs003.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/stinkypinky112/toshibabulbs002.jpg

coralreef35mm
12-18-08, 12:45 PM
Are you saying I can change the bulbs in my speedo and tach to blue in about 20minutes?

joee5
01-20-09, 05:24 PM
How would you remove/replace the bulbs?? I'd like to do that too but am not too mechinacally inclined. Thanking yo in advance. God Bless,Joe

fasteddyII
01-21-09, 08:51 AM
Remove the instrument panel (IP) cluster.

Unclip the IP cluster rear cover plate by prying gently on the tabs with a screwdriver.

Remove the rear cover plate from the IP cluster.

Remove the bulb and base assembly by turning the bulb 1/2 turn counter clockwise and pulling outward.
Remove the bulb from the base by pulling outward.
Installation Procedure

Important
This procedure calls for the replacement of incandescent bulbs only. The light emitting diodes (LEDs) are not replaceable individually. If LED replacement is needed, send the cluster to an AC Delco Service Center. Refer to Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Replacement .

Install the bulb to the base.
Install the bulb into the cluster by inserting the bulb and base assembly and turning the bulb 1/2 turn clockwise.

Carefully snap the rear cover plate to the IP cluster.
Install the IP cluster. Refer to Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Replacement .