: Things I DO Like about CTS-V A Must READ

thoredan
12-17-08, 11:33 PM
First I would like to thank the people who have taken the time for sound checks, Taking the time to test drive them, and give there feed back. It will help me with my battle with GM on January, 14, 2008 @ 10 am at Cadillac. All this work can only help GM and the sales of the CTS-V since a lot of them are going to be auto box ones being ordered.
Also letting me know I am not crazy and apologize for using the wrong word for LOUD, when what I was experiencing for the first time in my life was DRONE. I have never heard this sound before and confused it with LOUD with DRONE. ((No I am not 80 a young at heart 35 year old...lol ))The car is not too loud at all. It sounds wonderful at all other times. I thought that posting I also Just bought a SRT8 with the 6.1 Hemi most would know that I am ok with loud exhaust on a performance car-suv . This is way I was / am so dishearten have CTS-V sound like this.
On the bright side, I will work to have it corrected so others do not have to live with it.

In all fairness, to the new CTS-V it is just a awesome car to drive every day, Perfect size, Perfect Brakes, and well I have only had it one dry day and only had 300 miles on it so I could and would not see what it can do yet. I am big fan of not beating the crap out of them till at least 500 Miles. But I can tell u the cars power is amazing For the time I have driven it ( mostly rain and wet roads ) I never even see the boost gage move and the power is tremendous. It truly feels like it could tow a house.

I am excited to get it out on a nice day and see what it can do, But just driving it in the wet it has no problem pulling it self to 60 at a whopping 1800 rpm with zero boost that is the beauty of a big displacement V8 the bottom end power.

The inside is just great too, The fit and finish, the feel of the doors, steering wheel, buttons etc all right on the money. The Radio/ nav system leaps and bounds over the old system that was in my XLR-V Even the base seats are good, I have gotten to like them once I found that spot in the million ways it can be adjusted, Thank god for memory seats too.

Its just had to express when u spend a ton of money, well not a ton but a nice amount on a new car and have this experience its hard to look at all the good in the car, and there is a lot of good and excellent things in this car. But as u know ,and well all of us do it, its human nature that BAD things stick in our minds and GOOD things well they just don’t look that good.

If you are on the fence about putting the cash out or taking on a loan to get one Even with the exhaust problem ( that will be fixed on way some how) I would say yes, without a doubt get one. Just the joy it brings knowing it has 556 Hp from the factory and will beat almost and car you pull next to is just way too much fun.

Thanks
Dan Grawl

LV_V
12-18-08, 12:36 AM
:hmm: hmmmm yaaaaa

demorgan59
12-18-08, 08:50 AM
Dan- Maybe it's something as simple as a misaligned exhaust and the sound is being transmitted into the body somewhere. Hope they find a fix for you so you can enjoy your ride 100%.

Florian
12-18-08, 10:32 AM
that wasnt a must read.

F

LUVMY04V
12-18-08, 05:29 PM
I didnt read it

Cliff notes please :bigroll:

CIWS
12-18-08, 05:51 PM
I didnt read it

He likes the car except for the drone.

RightTurn
12-18-08, 10:15 PM
Dan--have you actually compared you car to any other '09 V? Why do you assume that you will have to "battle" Cadillac? If your car has a problem, you have a warranty...get it fixed. You seem to be the only new V owner having this issue...so perhaps you have some sort of lower hearing threshold for the exhaust note. Why don't you give us all a break and let this rest until it's resolved? We are all excited about the V2 and frankly your posts are repetitive buzzkill. Take urby up on his offer of $6k cash before he withdraws. :alchi:

Yes urby. I said "withdraws."

Vrocks
12-18-08, 11:58 PM
Dan, I just posted in your other thread... I drove one today and I spent a lot of time trying to find the "drone sound", with no luck. See if you can test drive another V when the GM engineer is at your dealer.

LUVMY04V
12-19-08, 08:48 AM
He likes the car except for the drone.
wow glad i didn't read all that then

LV_V
12-19-08, 06:53 PM
I didnt read it

See post #2 lol

urbanski
12-20-08, 06:27 AM
tl;dr

scoote69
12-21-08, 09:09 AM
Now that youve had more time with the car what are some of the negatives?