: how is the stereo in the v2??

dvandentop
12-17-08, 09:56 PM
how are the speakers and the bass compared to some of the other gm systems out there like the vette and v1's???

vmaniac
12-17-08, 10:34 PM
Sound quality in the V@ is immensely better than the V1 (I had an '04). Ipod connection and controls work great. I've loaded some music on the 40 gig hard drive too. Bass response is much better than the V1.

readyact
12-17-08, 11:30 PM
To me the audio system is pretty good. Crisp and clear with adequate bass whether music is coming from the HDD, USB Flash Drive, iPod, CD, XM or the radio. Overall I'm happy with the audio system although I may add an additional amp and subwoofer just to have a little more bass. I have not configured or played a DVD in the system yet so I have no idea what the picture quality is like.

caddiedrummer
12-18-08, 08:23 AM
No better than my C6 was. Better than XLR-V but that like C6 was pretty confined space. No worse than my M5. (lot better cupholders than M--ever seen those??) Great IPOD adaptor/screen my --18 yr old loves driving it.

Bottom line typical "adequete" stereo they put in high end car but nothing to write home about. I will leave it alone, however. I learned a long time ago that spending $$$ on after market stereo stuff is a waste and you never get it back.

Short-Throw
12-18-08, 09:05 AM
Bottom line typical "adequete" stereo they put in high end car but nothing to write home about. I will leave it alone, however. I learned a long time ago that spending $$$ on after market stereo stuff is a waste and you never get it back.

I agree.

It does have a nice feature that allows you to adjust different configurations of the sound delivery. Driver, Centerpoint, Rear (no, not fader), etc...

Like most stock stereos, it seems to be a few clicks shy of delivering that ear deafening volume.

rjoffe
12-18-08, 09:10 AM
Any comments on the controls of the stereo / Nav ? I thought I saw a reference on another page to a Microsoft based system

chris1268
12-18-08, 09:38 AM
Has anyone else noticed that to adjust the volume seems to take a long time? By that I mean, one turn of the knob does not seem to adjust the volume much. Trying to turn the volume down quickly takes several turns. Maybe it's just me though.

The stereo seems adequate to me for the car. It is better than my V1, but not as good as an aftermarket.

jjsC6
12-18-08, 09:50 AM
HUH? Two guys here have said it is no better than the Corvette. I have a 09 Z06 (my fourth C6). There is no comparison - the CTS 5.1 system is in a whole nother league - much better than the Corvette.

I've had cars with slightly better systems than the CTS, but it's pretty damn good. I think a Lexus Mark Levinson is a little better, and I'm sure there are others. I came out of a Infiniti M45 with the surround sound. It has better imaging, but the CTS has a fuller sound. A friend of mine who is really into high end systems has heard them both and had the exact same comment.

By the way, I've ridden in a XLR-V and thought it was better than both the Corvette and CTS.

jjsC6
12-18-08, 09:52 AM
Has anyone else noticed that to adjust the volume seems to take a long time? By that I mean, one turn of the knob does not seem to adjust the volume much. Trying to turn the volume down quickly takes several turns. Maybe it's just me though.

The stereo seems adequate to me for the car. It is better than my V1, but not as good as an aftermarket.

Yes, mine is that way too. It is odd, but at least it allows more precise control.

chris1268
12-18-08, 10:10 AM
Yes, mine is that way too. It is odd, but at least it allows more precise control.

I'm glad it's not just me. It's fine for me, I just thought maybe something was wrong.

caddiedrummer
12-18-08, 10:59 AM
volume is gradual but I agree that it is likely intended to be more precise. It is probably just me and my driving style, but I sure wish the volume on the wheel was on the left side instead of the right side.

dvandentop
12-18-08, 11:00 AM
I'm glad it's not just me. It's fine for me, I just thought maybe something was wrong.

i think my audi s4 does that also

Cadillac Tony
12-18-08, 11:23 AM
The 09 CTS-V audio system is light years ahead of the system we had in the '04-07 models. Much stronger bass and better sound separation (not to mention the nifty iPod hookups and 40gb HDD).

The volume control has quite a few more settings than before, which is nice. Once I got to a certain level on my 04 CTS-V, it was either not loud enough, or one click to the right was blasting too loud. This one allows more precise adjustments, which means it takes a few spins to get it from quiet to loud.

odla
12-18-08, 11:44 AM
can you play dvds while driving? can you put a movie on the hdd and play it while driving?

Short-Throw
12-18-08, 01:32 PM
Has anyone else noticed that to adjust the volume seems to take a long time? By that I mean, one turn of the knob does not seem to adjust the volume much.

volume is gradual but I agree that it is likely intended to be more precise.

If you look at the volume display when you turn the knob, each bar takes 3 turns. Like caddiedrummer said, it's very precise.

can you play dvds while driving? can you put a movie on the hdd and play it while driving?

You can view DVD's while the car is stationary. The hard drive will not recognize a hdd format. I'm sure there will be hacks out for both at some point.

Mike