: Monticello Driving Lab Videos

OldRoadDawg
12-17-08, 04:06 PM
The video is now available for viewing for those of you who attended the Driving Lab at Monticello, NY. Check the e-mail you gave them for your personalized link.

Congrats to thebigjimsho.... #9 of the 10 fastest laps. :worship:
And congrats to any of the other guys on the top 10 who may be members on the forum. Nice driving for a 1 shot blast in a new car on an unfamiliar course.

We all wish we could have just a few more (like 30) laps to get comfortable, but it was still a blast.

Top Ten Fastest Laps (http://www.cadillacdrivinglab.com/#/driver-videos/fastest-lap-times/)

Really cool - all the features they incoporated into the videos.

thebigjimsho
12-17-08, 04:33 PM
Holy crap, they were timing us!?!?

Damn, I bounced the rev limiter twice, missed a downshift entering the tight esses after the long straight and really wasn't close to 10/10ths(not like I'd want to be on Cadillac's dime). And now you all know I don't look like Michael Phelps...

OldRoadDawg
12-17-08, 04:41 PM
Were you using the paddles or letting the tranny do its own thing??

Kadonny
12-17-08, 04:56 PM
Were you using the paddles or letting the tranny do its own thing??

He was paddling it, you can see his fingers going, plus you can hear it bounce of the limiter.

Very cool video Jim, very cool. Boy that looks fun.

thebigjimsho
12-17-08, 05:19 PM
He was paddling it, you can see his fingers going, plus you can hear it bounce of the limiter.

Very cool video Jim, very cool. Boy that looks fun.Yes, it was. But I got 4 minutes. You'll get longer... :o

SvB4EvA
12-17-08, 06:57 PM
woo http://www.cadillacdrivinglab.com/#/437920

I thought it was one lap only at first haha

I didnt know there was gonna be a "top 10"!!! Things would have probably been different...

my first time ever on a track too.

darjae
12-17-08, 07:52 PM
Wow! look at this one:

http://www.cadillacdrivinglab.com/#/938632

She got the beast all the way up to 64mph

:histeric:

thebigjimsho
12-17-08, 07:59 PM
Wow! look at this one:

http://www.cadillacdrivinglab.com/#/938632

She got the beast all the way up to 64mph

:histeric:Someone needs a good screw...

RightTurn
12-17-08, 08:57 PM
Good grief. :alchi:

atdeneve
12-17-08, 09:24 PM
I swear this guy woulda shit his pants, if it were an 09 V.

yd0HLv24X4c&feature=related

They definitely got their ish right with the Cadillac Driving Lab.

bruff1977
12-18-08, 11:00 AM
I am so jealous!! The videos are amazing, the pullovers, the whole experience! To those who went, cherish it! GM probably will probably cancel future events like this to keep them in the black after the bailout.

daytripper
12-18-08, 10:47 PM
That's me in the fastest drive (after Andy Pilgrim's), but unfortunately I'm in the back seat enjoying the ride and cheesing it. I wonder if the drives from session to session and day to day were comparable (same start/stop and distance).

I had a 1:37.10, which should seems to be faster than some of the top tens. Of course who knew it would be timed, and I wasn't in a real hurry to end my laps. My top speeds and braking were way off from some of the guys who were pushing it, so the timing seems kind of hard to believe. Thats why I wonder if the runs were really comparable. Like BigJim, I too bounced off the rev limiter. Car was almost quiet, and it sneaks up on you.

Kudos go out to Cadillac for the thorough attention to detail on the event. They really did a great job.

Brian R.

chrisminshall
12-18-08, 11:08 PM
I would have to say that the Rev Limiter was the one thing that kept me from doing a little better on my run not to mention I braked a little too soon on the straightaway but all-in-all I am very happy with having a lap time (1:40.90) in the top 11-20 out of 600+ people!!

Chris

http://www.cadillacdrivinglab.com/#/618068

V-Love
12-19-08, 10:30 AM
The video is now available for viewing for those of you who attended the Driving Lab at Monticello, NY. Check the e-mail you gave them for your personalized link.

Congrats to thebigjimsho.... #9 of the 10 fastest laps. :worship:
And congrats to any of the other guys on the top 10 who may be members on the forum. Nice driving for a 1 shot blast in a new car on an unfamiliar course.

We all wish we could have just a few more (like 30) laps to get comfortable, but it was still a blast.

Top Ten Fastest Laps (http://www.cadillacdrivinglab.com/#/driver-videos/fastest-lap-times/)

Really cool - all the features they incoporated into the videos.

I got screwed on the fastest lap. 1:39. I guess it was boring watching me on the guys ass. I think I bump BigJim down to 10.
http://www.cadillacdrivinglab.com/#/765464
I'm callin CadillacDrivingLabs to see if they will bump me up. I could have been top 5 for sure if it wasn't for the traffic.
I think I set the fastest lap....according to my instructor.

V-Love
12-19-08, 12:41 PM
So, is the little blue dot on the track map Andy???

OldRoadDawg
12-19-08, 02:31 PM
Meh... V-Love, you should have passed and kept your lap going.
What were they gonna do? Tell you to take it in. No more laps for you. Go sit on the bus.

Seriously.. you had a good lap going. Too bad.
Love the facial expressions.

thebigjimsho
12-19-08, 07:38 PM
I got screwed on the fastest lap. 1:39. I guess it was boring watching me on the guys ass. I think I bump BigJim down to 10.
I'm callin CadillacDrivingLabs to see if they will bump me up. I could have been top 5 for sure if it wasn't for the traffic.
I think I set the fastest lap....according to my instructor.They probably figured that if you can't even hit 120mph, then you don't deserve to be in the top 10... :thepan:

thebigjimsho
12-19-08, 07:40 PM
Seriously, though, I don't know how accurate these Top 10 lists and lap times are anyway...

V-Love
12-20-08, 04:15 AM
They probably figured that if you can't even hit 120mph, then you don't deserve to be in the top 10... :thepan:

Damn! I hear ya. I was super stoked when I saw the vid. Didn't mean to hype myself. I can't stop watching them. Didn't even notice how funny I look till OldRoadDawg told me. My favorite part is to watch how you compare to Andy. The red and blue dots tell it all. The top 5 guys hung with him tight in the beginning. I lost him hard coming onto the first straight. Its a perfect example of slow in, fast out. #2 driver was real good too.
I guesstimate there was 100 good drivers of 600. Just a guess.

whisler151
12-20-08, 10:44 AM
I think I set the fastest lap....according to my instructor.

Just think of the lap you could have had if that douche wasn't in front of you.

Nice driving.

Cobraman
12-22-08, 01:38 PM
I have thought about calling the CadillacDriveingLabs too. I did a 136.40 and did not get put in the top ten. I am a new member to the forum so they wont let me post a website for a while for some reason. If you go to the driving labs website and put in my number (733655) it's there.

thebigjimsho
12-22-08, 04:06 PM
Well, regardless, I wasn't going for any lap time and I don't think they ever mentioned that so I'm sure there are plenty of much better drivers who won't sniff anywhere near the top. So even though they list me as Top 10, I think little of it...

V-Love
12-22-08, 06:29 PM
I have thought about calling the CadillacDriveingLabs too. I did a 136.40 and did not get put in the top ten. I am a new member to the forum so they wont let me post a website for a while for some reason. If you go to the driving labs website and put in my number (733655) it's there.

Nice run. It may get you in to the top 10. They are going to revise the list next week. I'll be out because 3 tenths ain't gonna get me there. I wonder who pulled highest G's? List please.....

GMX322V S/C
12-22-08, 07:33 PM
You guys are about to go viral.

From Marketing Daily (emphasis mine)
Cadillac Launches Web Campaign For V-Series

General Motors is going on with the show for the launch of its performance version of the Cadillac CTS. Cadillac's performance sub-brand, V-Series doesn't get a lot of marketing muscle, as it is a relatively low-volume, high-performance car.

So, the company used a three-day, invitation-only, test-drive event as the basis for a Web campaign that launched last week at www.Cadillacdrivinglab.com. The effort, via AOR Boston-based Modernista, is a record of over 660 hot laps by invitees to the Monticello Motor Club racetrack in Monticello, N.Y.

Michael Tabtabai, interactive creative director at Modernista, says the agency captured multiple-angle videos of invitees behind the wheel of the XLR-V roadster, CTS-V and the all-wheel-drive CTS, as well as detailed telemetry data that was captured in real time as they drove around the private racetrack.

On the Web site, each test-lap presentation offers a split-screen video (an in-cockpit shot of the driver and a forward shot) of each participant's lap, with real-time telemetry data such as speed, RPM, g-forces, brake and throttle position, and GPS position of the driver on the track, benchmarked against a professional driver's performance on the track.

"Part of the goal was to take a relatively limited production budget and stretch it as far as we could. We captured lots of media, including HD video, photos, and we did lot of work to get benchmarks," says Tabtabai.

"It was kind of planned as a consumer outreach event to get the new CTS-V on the track and invite regular people who are part of GM community of fans," he says. "What we wanted to do with the Web site is stretch the production budget as much as possible." He says the participants noticed the cameras, but had no idea their laps would be Webcast.

"The Web site with drivers' videos and analytics was meant as a surprise 'thank you' to participants. But we wanted to make it into a social media project that spoke directly to consumers and enthusiasts--including those who couldn't make it to event [about a 1,000 were invited]."

Each driver has a unique ID number that creates a direct link to the video, intended to fuel viral dissemination of the site. Tabtabai says the company will launch a rich-media Web campaign in January to drive people to the site. There are also links to the site from Cadillac.com, per Tabtabai.

OldRoadDawg
12-22-08, 08:58 PM
You guys are about to go viral.
I know a couple days after the event that I was bedridden with a virus that I would have like to have disseminated to someone else. :(
I think I acquired it from wearing the borrowed helmet.:helpless: