: Household chore

creeker
12-17-08, 12:26 AM
The rubber/vinyl sealing gasket on my fridge has come away from the door,I've tried 2 types of adhesive to repair it but they didn't work,
does anyone have any brand names or suggestions?. thank you.

MauiV
12-17-08, 01:00 AM
Gorilla Glue?

If that doesnt work just use duct tape to keep it closed!

dkozloski
12-17-08, 01:15 AM
There is a whole line of "GOOP" products that stick like shit to a blanket. Read the labels to choose the right one. You might also try 3M Vinyl trim cement. Put the glue on both surfaces and let it dry. Activate the glue by more glue on just one surface. Get the strip exactly where you want it the first try.

creeker
12-17-08, 11:45 AM
Thanks guys.

Red_October_7000
12-18-08, 12:09 AM
DKoz's suggestions sound like they're probably best but for something a car person might or might not have on hand I'd go for weatherstrip adhesive; designed to bond rubber to metal and not come off. Be warned, it is nasty sticky stuff and is also JET BLACK so if you have a fugly white fridge you'll have to apply it sparingly.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-18-08, 01:46 AM
DKoz's suggestions sound like they're probably best but for something a car person might or might not have on hand I'd go for weatherstrip adhesive; designed to bond rubber to metal and not come off. Be warned, it is nasty sticky stuff and is also JET BLACK so if you have a fugly white fridge you'll have to apply it sparingly.

Fugly white? I have the 20 year old fugly beige so take that!