: Those with Ipod interfaces w/ factory HU

shore
12-16-08, 07:45 PM
Need a little help here.I have the PXAMG w/PGHGM5 harness interface for my 05 Escalade w/factory NAV.I'm using this for my Ipod Touch.

Everything went together fine but I can not control the Ipod from the headunit.It initially says "Ipod" on the NAV screen and then "Ipod not connected" a few seconds later.No music play through at all.If I choose AUX it will play through but of course I have to control the Ipod from itself.

Peripheral sent me an updated Ipod cable but same results as before.

Any help would be great guys...:highfive:

shore
12-18-08, 05:53 PM
they say mine probably has a bad interface....terrific.

obxdiver
12-18-08, 06:51 PM
I have the Neucleus NC-X2i iPod Adapter Interface with Neucleus NC-GM32T GM Class 2 Radio iPod Adapter Cable
It is plugged into the XM radio unit behind the glove box.
A long cable comes from it out to the center console to plug in the Ipod.
By selecting the XM1 source, it allows full control of the Ipod with the touch screen on the Escalade NAV screen or the steering wheel controls
The previous owner install this, but disabled the rear seat audio in the process. I have since solved that.
I talked about it in THIS THREAD (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1709053-post9.html)

This Neucleus is pretty cool.

shore
12-18-08, 08:00 PM
I've heard(read) horror stories about the Neucleus messsing up the electronics in the truck.I got the peripheral and it intercepts one of the XM sources and leaves the other.It has a similar "box" as the Neucleus.It works on the AUX setting but I can only control the Ipod from the Ipod.Not supposed to work that way.

obxdiver
12-18-08, 08:17 PM
I just realized that link I posted above talked about me yanking the Ipod interface out of the truck due to Rear DVD static problems.

THIS LINK (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1709693-post12.html) is how I fixed it.
The previous owner installed it over 1 year ago, and so far no electronic problems, with the exception of the DVD static issue have been encountered.

Keep trying

Sorry I could not be more help.

The Lac
12-18-08, 08:18 PM
I don't know the name of my Aux device, but I can plug my iPod touch into the iPod cable in my glove box and I can control it from the head unit and the steering wheel controls.

I can't search by artist/song/genre/etc. But I can use 5 playlists.

I have it hooked up to my XM1 source on my headunit.

If you need more details on my setup, I can get some info from my stereo guy.

It was free to me.

shore
12-18-08, 09:19 PM
I don't know the name of my Aux device, but I can plug my iPod touch into the iPod cable in my glove box and I can control it from the head unit and the steering wheel controls.

I can't search by artist/song/genre/etc. But I can use 5 playlists.

I have it hooked up to my XM1 source on my headunit.

If you need more details on my setup, I can get some info from my stereo guy.

It was free to me.

That sounds like mine and his.Mine is hooked up right according to the directions and turned on in the right order.When you hit "source" to go to XM and it comes up IPoD...mine does that also but nothing happens.Then it says No Ipod Connected.Even though the cable is connected and the Ipod is on and playing.

It's frustrating.I've been in the dash 4 times now and it still does not work.All my Dip switches are off and I have plugged the cables into the correct ports in the correct order.

I run the Ipod touch also.It does play through fine when in AUX mode but only have the use of volume from the HU or steering wheel.

I feel like I am missing something.:histeric:

The Lac
12-20-08, 03:09 AM
I've had that happen a few times too. I just pull the iPod out of the glove box, and I "slide to unlock" it.

It's never happened when I've had the iPod plugged in before starting the truck.

I've also got an aftermarket flip down dvd player in the back hooked up through the same aux. The dvd player and the iPod both use XM1. I have to have the DVD player off in order to play the ipod.

Is your setup similar?

DrKynes
12-28-08, 09:45 PM
Hi, I just recently found this forum. I have the exact same ipod interface but haven't installed it yet. Before I pull everything apart, do you have any suggestions on dis-assembly or installation? I tried finding a guide or something, but have utterly failed.

Thanks.

shore
12-29-08, 01:15 PM
It's very simple depending on where you want the Ipod to be placed.I put mne in the center console.Pull the dash bezel off.It is one big piece that snaps out and snaps back in.The upper center console(clock) is the same way.Then unscrew the CD changer BUT leave it plugged in.Lift it out and let it hang off the drivers side.This will give you room to pull the next part off.The middle lower console(cupholders) pops straight up like the rest.It's wooden door needs to be close to remove.It helps to open the center console(big soft one) to allow the cupholder console to come out.

This give you bottom access to the center console to run you Ipod cable if you want.Just follow the directions when pluggin it in.Mine never worked right and still does not.It only works through the AUX setting which means I have to use the ipod to change songs.

The NAV unit has 3 screws and it slides right out.There a bunch of wires behind it but they are very solid and wrapped.All the plug-ins are straight forward.When you get it all plugged in you will have a tough time with all the new wires.Just tuck the "box" back in the left rear corner.There is a open area back there.It's abit tight but doable.

DrKynes
12-29-08, 02:23 PM
Thank you Shore! I am going to install it right now.

DrKynes
12-29-08, 04:00 PM
That sure was quick. Thank you for the details again. That really made everything quick and simple. It functions just fine, although I will never use the menu... it is a pain in the butt. I also put it in the middle console so that I didn't have to drill any holes.

Now I can return that POS wireless one I picked up 2 days ago. That was horrible.

shore
12-30-08, 03:16 PM
Well glad it worked for you, sux mine didn't work.

KrazyKeith
01-02-09, 03:41 PM
Does anyone use this scosche model for the Ipod?

I'd like to hook my ipod up but want the easiest method, I hate the way it sounds from the fm modulator.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300280711884
$126.99 with 9.99 shippin to me? Worth it ?

shore
01-02-09, 07:03 PM
It's basically the same thing.

KrazyKeith
01-04-09, 08:06 PM
Does anyone use this scosche model for the Ipod?

I'd like to hook my ipod up but want the easiest method, I hate the way it sounds from the fm modulator.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300280711884
$126.99 with 9.99 shippin to me? Worth it ?

Here's more info to the above unit, supposted to be "plug n play"

Hope it helps others.

http://scosche.com/products/productID/1451

mbovinet
01-04-09, 09:55 PM
This is the setup I'm looking into

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150229467603&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

I ordered this one from Crutchfield

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541ISGM73/Peripheral-iPod-GM-Interface-Kit.html?tp=120

I got it installed. Unit worked well but I lost XM1 XM2 and the factory changer

I spoke with the owner of the company on the 1st item and he guaranteed it to work with my setup and not lose XM1 XM2 CD changer of the factory DVD setup

Has anyone else tried this setup?

shore
01-07-09, 02:37 PM
That's the one I have.It is supposed to work but mine does not recognize the Ipod.It says "Ipod" on the screen and after a few seconds goes "No Ipod connected".If I switch it over to "Aux" on the screen the Ipod plays through but only volume is selectable.To change songs you have to use the Ipod itself.

mbovinet
01-07-09, 08:38 PM
That's the one I have.It is supposed to work but mine does not recognize the Ipod.It says "Ipod" on the screen and after a few seconds goes "No Ipod connected".If I switch it over to "Aux" on the screen the Ipod plays through but only volume is selectable.To change songs you have to use the Ipod itself.

Which setup is the 1 you have?

shore
01-07-09, 09:16 PM
I have the PXAMG and PGHGM5.They are all two part kits.Not sure why mine doesn't work.The tech said maybe the gateway is bad.

ccruzan
03-01-09, 07:53 PM
I have the PXAMG and PGHGM5.They are all two part kits.Not sure why mine doesn't work.The tech said maybe the gateway is bad.
I have the same unit as you. Mine has worked twice with my iphone and never with my ipod mini. The control layout for it on the nav unit is a joke and I cant get it to allow me control from my phone at all. I have just emailed the company but I dont have alot of hope. IMO get a refund and buy another type. Am probably looking at that scosche model myself if I can get some satisfaction from this company.

garyg15
03-25-09, 10:59 PM
I just bought the PAC unit from ebay for 159.99 plus 9.99 shipping. I have no complaints about the interface. It works awesome and the songs display on my Nav unit. The only problem that I have is the price that I paid for the item. I did a search for the part number uPAC-GMC2 on google and found the exact same adaptor for $114 shipped. I have an 05 Escalade with Nav. If you do a google search for "Pac Audio" you will be able to find the compatibilty sheet to see if it will work with you application. Sorry the forum will not let me post the web address. Don't let that company on Ebay rip you off like they did me. I am in the process of returning the product to them and ordering the item from the place on google for $114.