: Just made a deal on a black on black

Kadonny
12-16-08, 11:57 AM
GM is forgiving my final 2 lease payments on my STS-V.

The car was a sold car but came in with no Recaros. The original buyer wants the seats so he is re-ordering. I was first on the call list.

Black on black, nav, sunroof and polished wheels. I got the lease turn in credit of 4k, rebate of 2k, dealer incentive of 1.5k and I got it under supplier pricing. Not bad I think.

Pick up should be on Monday. I'm a member of the family now.....or at least soon.

thebigjimsho
12-16-08, 12:18 PM
Wadda ya want? A friggin' medal? :mad2:

urbanski
12-16-08, 12:23 PM
:woot:

Kmajecki
12-16-08, 12:49 PM
Congrats! Sounds like a good deal, $64k car for $56.6k!

Kadonny
12-16-08, 01:05 PM
Wadda ya want? A friggin' medal? :mad2:

YES! :cool2:

Congrats! Sounds like a good deal, $64k car for $56.6k!

Less than that. I got under supplier pricing and with all rebates I'm around 51. I had to do it for that price.

LUVMY04V
12-16-08, 01:48 PM
Congrats! you must be at least tied for owning the most v models ever right?

csp3000
12-16-08, 02:22 PM
YES! :cool2:

Less than that. I got under supplier pricing and with all rebates I'm around 51. I had to do it for that price.

Around 51 K....:worship:

CIWS
12-16-08, 02:43 PM
That's great Kadonny. It will be cool to hear your impressions after you've given it a chance to be broken in. :thumbsup:

CTSV_510
12-16-08, 02:52 PM

The car was a sold car but came in with no Recaros. The original buyer wants the seats so he is re-ordering. I was first on the call list.

Black on black, nav, sunroof and polished wheels. I got the lease turn in credit of 4k, rebate of 2k, dealer incentive of 1.5k and I got it under supplier pricing. Not bad I think.

Pick up should be on Monday. I'm a member of the family now.....or at least soon.

Nice! Is that the one that is at General Sales?

Mind stopping by an giving me a ride on your way home up Rt. 202 / Rt 100? :D

Kadonny
12-16-08, 03:39 PM
Around 51 K....:worship:

I spoke a little soon, the lease cash is not available on the V, but the dealership is going to find a way to get me to about the same number. They've been fair with me, so I'm going to be fair with them. Still I should wash around 53, not bad.

Nice! Is that the one that is at General Sales?

Mind stopping by an giving me a ride on your way home up Rt. 202 / Rt 100? :D

Yup, General Sales.....You got it. I go home Route 100 from there I can stop and give you a ride :highfive:

dvandentop
12-16-08, 08:20 PM
damn smokin deal!

EricVonHa
12-16-08, 09:14 PM
Depends on how you look at a "good deal". The out the door price is decent, for sure. But, consider that the dealer is taking in a lease car that'll undoubtedly bring them more than $20k in positive cash flow above and beyond what the buyoff is from GMAC. And, unfortunately, the buyer has thrown away every dime on the STS-V.

Let's put it a different way... If the STS-V was "owned" rather than leased, the buyer would be trading in his equity (maybe $20k, who knows what the initial loan term was and the mileage). Take a decent sale price of the new CTS-V and subtract the equity from the STS... Let's say $60k - $20k and you end up with a new toy, out the door for $40k.

And, that is the difference between a lease turn-in good deal vs. the more better good deal of actually owning the car that you trade in. Not raining on the parade, just a general statement of leasing vs. buying. :)

---

Congrats on the purchase! I'm in the vicinity. Gotta meet up sometime to check it out!

whisler151
12-16-08, 09:45 PM
Depends on how you look at a "good deal". The out the door price is decent, for sure. But, consider that the dealer is taking in a lease car that'll undoubtedly bring them more than $20k in positive cash flow above and beyond what the buyoff is from GMAC. And, unfortunately, the buyer has thrown away every dime on the STS-V.

Let's put it a different way... If the STS-V was "owned" rather than leased, the buyer would be trading in his equity (maybe $20k, who knows what the initial loan term was and the mileage). Take a decent sale price of the new CTS-V and subtract the equity from the STS... Let's say $60k - $20k and you end up with a new toy, out the door for $40k.

And, that is the difference between a lease turn-in good deal vs. the more better good deal of actually owning the car that you trade in. Not raining on the parade, just a general statement of leasing vs. buying. :)

---

Congrats on the purchase! I'm in the vicinity. Gotta meet up sometime to check it out!

I'll let him chime in on the business write off aspect. Leases work for some people, obviously you are not a fan of them.

thebigjimsho
12-16-08, 10:13 PM
YES! :cool2:No medal. But you get my jealousy...

GM-4-LIFE
12-17-08, 12:58 AM

Kadonny,

CONGRATS my friend! I sent you a PM as I have a question for you!

SG

Kadonny
12-17-08, 08:16 AM
Thanks Aero, but we soon figured out the 4k lease to purchase was not available on the V when he tried to enter it in the computer. Still, they made up for most of it elsewhere.

I have a great relationship with this dealer, they have always treated me right from day one with my 06 CTS-V and of course with my STS-V. When this car became available, I was the first phone call and they were willing to get me as low as possible price wise since they know I was a lease guy going into a purchase.

I'm happy.

No medal. But you get my jealousy...

Love you too Jimmy ;)