: Scheduled production volume?

Cub Cadet
12-15-08, 01:47 PM
Anyone know what the scheduled production volume was for these? I am wondering if it may be better off to wait a few months and get one then??

GM-4-LIFE
12-15-08, 03:33 PM
Anyone know what the scheduled production volume was for these? I am wondering if it may be better off to wait a few months and get one then??

Good luck trying to find out. GM only releases their CTS total volume production numbers at the end of the model year. They don't have CTS-V, STS-V or XLR-V production numbers. They really should. Doesn't make any sense. The V-Series is a model all by itself!

Scott Pratt over at Superior Cadillac is right down the street from the factory. He may have insider info!

SG

trukk
12-15-08, 04:38 PM
Scott Pratt over at Superior Cadillac is right down the street from the factory. He may have insider info!

SG

I bet he keeps the exact inventory numbers at his secret V parking lot.

scott --> :leghump:<-- you

-Chris

Cub Cadet
12-15-08, 05:16 PM
Any estimates?
1,000? 10,000? 20,000?
I found the right car, but now is just the wrong time to buy for me. If it were a few months later, I would be in a better position.

trukk
12-15-08, 05:30 PM
My **GUESS** (Note I'd just some random guy in the intraweb) at least before GM ran into all it's problems, and plant shutdowns etc. Would be about 8k - 10k units/year. This is just a SWAG, based on the numbers of V1's sold ( approx 3k / year average, I think it went 2, 4, 3, 3), and now that they have the auto tranny, it will be more desireable (blech).

-Chris

CIWS
12-15-08, 06:24 PM
Any estimates?
1,000? 10,000? 20,000?
I found the right car, but now is just the wrong time to buy for me. If it were a few months later, I would be in a better position.

When the car was announced at NAIAS Cadillac was projecting 7000 per year. However that was before all of this with the economy and GM.

headpunter
12-18-08, 09:53 PM
When the car was announced at NAIAS Cadillac was projecting 7000 per year. However that was before all of this with the economy and GM.

BMW's M division's sales were up in the last quarter even with the economy, maybe that will bode well for the CTS-V

NormV
12-19-08, 06:57 PM
I thought Kevin Smith mentioned @ V-day l that almost half would be going overseas. Not sure what gear box or if the current global financial system will curtail that or not.

Norm

vperl
12-20-08, 01:39 AM
Questions:

1. is the production line closed as of NOW ?

2. when will the production resume ?

CIWS
12-20-08, 09:49 AM
Questions:

1. is the production line closed as of NOW ?

2. when will the production resume ?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/156599-shutdown-gm-grand-river-plant.html

rand49er
12-21-08, 07:38 PM
Production guy lives near me. He says that the V2s are run in batches. I'm trying to get a tour set up through him and be there when the V2s are being produced. He says that he's finding it difficult to get info on when these batches are scheduled, so the tour has yet to be setup.

BTW, I doubt that Scott has any better line on production volumes than any other dealer around here or elsewhere for that matter.

darjae
12-22-08, 12:11 AM
The thing that we have to remember at this point is the V2 is intended to be a "world-wide" car. The could make twice as many as they've made before and it will still be as exclusive as the V1 (here in the US). Short term, it's much more exclusive due to the economy, bailout and short-term (hopefully) plant shutdowns. I think the end-result is going to be (if they make all that they were planning) that there really won't be many (if any) more than the V1 per year in North America.

Krug Ford
12-22-08, 06:56 PM
From what I heard from a Reb I am hearing around 5000 to 6500 units depeding on demand. I asked hom many v's have been built so far and was told about 1200... I don't see this to be possible. I think that is wrong.

what do you guys think?