: CTS-V Race cars at Mid Ohio 6/27

b4z
06-25-04, 04:27 PM
John Heinricy will be driving a 3rd "V" for the first time on
Sunday the 27th.
Speedvision will be broadcasting the racing starting at 12pm
but I am not absolutley certain the "V"s class will be shown live.

msheri01
06-25-04, 06:40 PM
That's ok, some of us will be watching live!!

Slick V
06-25-04, 09:40 PM
The class that the CTS-VR's our in is the GT class and it will be shown at 1:00 EST on the SPEED channel

ages
06-26-04, 06:22 AM
cant wait goddamnit!! :want:

b4z
06-26-04, 11:16 AM
I wonder how John Heinricy will do?

And more importantly, I wonder if they will let him win since the other 2 drivers on the team are involved in a points championship.

Late BrakeU2
06-27-04, 12:32 PM
I wonder how John Heinricy will do?
As expected-
http://www.world-challenge.com/2004/events/moh/gt-qual.html

John has more miles at Mid Ohio than anyone,as well as the developing the street and WCGT car-

b4z
06-27-04, 03:16 PM
Heinricy Rules!......Well Almost.

He finished 3rd behind the 2 Audis.
He totally emabrassed his 2 hired guns.
They finished 6th and 7th.

There was some great in-car camera footage with Andy Pilgrim battling, and finally passing John Young in a Mustang.

Looks like they have restricted the engines of the V's so much that they can no longer pass on the straightways.

If the race had lasted another 15 minutes I feel Heinricy would have dispatched the Audis.

Great race.

DgtalPimp
06-27-04, 03:32 PM
Heinricy Rules!......Well Almost.

He finished 3rd behind the 2 Audis.
He totally emabrassed his 2 hired guns.
They finished 6th and 7th.

There was some great in-car camera footage with Andy Pilgrim battling, and finally passing John Young in a Mustang.

Looks like they have restricted the engines of the V's so much that they can no longer pass on the straightways.

If the race had lasted another 15 minutes I feel Heinricy would have dispatched the Audis.

Great race.

Heinricy Rules! = True
He finished 3rd behind the 2 Audis. = True
He totally emabrassed his 2 hired guns = False (see below)
They finished 6th and 7th = True

The two other V's (max and Andy) had rewards weight added, restricted intakes, AND lower RPM's. Audi's had rewards weight, and Heinricy has none of the weight, or performance reductions done. See. (http://www.world-challenge.com/2004/events/moh/gt-results.html)

Dgtal

alexWS6
06-27-04, 04:39 PM
Guess I missed it :(

DgtalPimp
06-27-04, 05:14 PM
I really enjoyed it. You have to give credit to the Audi's on this one. John H, ran them down, but they stayed out in front the whole race, and earned this win. now a little more weight on their car should prove for a really good Cadillac race in Cali.

Dgtal

BeelzeBob
06-28-04, 12:37 AM
Heinricy Rules! = True
He finished 3rd behind the 2 Audis. = True
He totally emabrassed his 2 hired guns = False (see below)
They finished 6th and 7th = True
The two other V's (max and Andy) had rewards weight added, restricted intakes, AND lower RPM's. Audi's had rewards weight, and Heinricy has none of the weight, or performance reductions done. See. (http://www.world-challenge.com/2004/events/moh/gt-results.html)

Dgtal
The other V's had the reward weight, true...but all the V's had the same inlet restrictors, Rev limits, transmission, etc. That got applied to all the V's , not just the cars that had raced previously. Henricy's car had the same performance restrictions as the other two...just a little less weight.

DgtalPimp
06-28-04, 12:52 AM
The other V's had the reward weight, true...but all the V's had the same inlet restrictors, Rev limits, transmission, etc. That got applied to all the V's , not just the cars that had raced previously. Henricy's car had the same performance restrictions as the other two...just a little less weight.
Are you positve on that? Watchign the race, there was zero mention of Henricy having the same V as Andy and Max, minus the rewards weight.

Dgtal

BeelzeBob
06-28-04, 01:56 PM
Are you positve on that? Watchign the race, there was zero mention of Henricy having the same V as Andy and Max, minus the rewards weight.

Dgtal

All the cars were the same except for the reward weight.

The changes mandated after the first race with regard to engine power with the rev limits and intake restrictors applys to any CTS-VR that anyone would show up with. The reward weight is different due to the drivers previous success....

Heinricy knows the cars like the back of his hand, he knows Mid-Ohio like the back of his hand and he is just good......

DgtalPimp
06-28-04, 02:00 PM
All the cars were the same except for the reward weight.

The changes mandated after the first race with regard to engine power with the rev limits and intake restrictors applys to any CTS-VR that anyone would show up with. The reward weight is different due to the drivers previous success....

Heinricy knows the cars like the back of his hand, he knows Mid-Ohio like the back of his hand and he is just good......
Just to make sure I am clear. I agree Heinricy is a great driver.

I was unaware the cars were the same on the restriced intakes. I now give even more credit to Heinricy.

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

ages
06-28-04, 03:09 PM
man those Audis are annoying huh? :banghead:

DgtalPimp
06-28-04, 03:16 PM
man those Audis are annoying huh? :banghead:
Twin turbos on anything is annoying.

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

silver bullet
06-28-04, 11:42 PM
Funny the CTS-V finished one ,two , at sebring and they get four handicaps put on them. The Audi's finish one, two, in two races, have any handicaps been put on them or is the SCCA just anti USA.:annoyed:

Rich H
06-29-04, 12:37 AM
A 100 lb reward weight was assessed against the Audis for the Ohio race after their victory at Limerock - hardly affected them at all except for some increased tire wear as the race progressed.Might have made some difference at the end if there weren't so many yellow cautions.

Slick V
06-29-04, 12:52 AM
I dont know what this crap that the SCCA is pulling on cadillac. If any of you were watching pilgrim or even Heinricy from there car cams, there cars cannot pull anymore. The way Heinricy was even keeping up with the audis was near the end when they were starting to get sloppy. Pilgrim only passed young by out manuvering him. Every straitaway the mustang and the audis were pulling away from the V's. IMHO the Cadillacs will still beat the audis if the rev limit was taken off, even with the 50% restrictor plates they have, theyd win. The SCCA has taken away the cars ability to pass on the straits, and that will prevent them from passing 5 or 8 cars to get into position. The audis have all wheel drive, like mentioned above theve been 1-2 in the last 2 races, wheres there restrictor plates and rev limitors(if you really want to get critical weight distrabution, and added weight)

hopefully they will get there heads on strait and fix this problem theve created so we can see some real raceing and know the caddies can pass the audis.