: Nissan scraps launch control on GTR

MauiV
12-13-08, 06:44 PM
2010 Nissan GT-R No Longer with Launch Control
The 2010 Nissan GT-R is set to lose its launch control feature as recently confirmed on the Edmunds Inside Line newsblog.

According to an executive at Nissan, the 2010 Nissan GT-R will no longer be offered with launch control because "Nissan just does not want to deal with warranty nightmare anymore." Some owners of the new GT-R had issues with their launch control module resulting in serious problems such as a broken transaxles, which is one hefty price to fix.

Cant imagine why they would lose such an amazing piece of technology in such an amazing car.

nikon
12-13-08, 06:45 PM
lol....so much for the supercar 1/4 times.....

thebigjimsho
12-13-08, 07:29 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha

No, wait...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D:annoyed::lildevil::histeric::crying2::sneaky:;) :hmm::p:devil::helpless::histeric::bonkers::hmm::n ono::bomb:

Epic Fail...

Blackout
12-13-08, 07:38 PM
MT ran a 3.9 0-60 without the launch control so it's still plenty quick

gary88
12-13-08, 07:58 PM
Translation: Nissan FTL

Even VWs have launch control :rofl:

LS1Mike
12-13-08, 08:14 PM
Fast or not, they screwed up and they know it. At least they are going to get it right next year.

thebigjimsho
12-13-08, 08:40 PM
Cadillac received epic hell for wheelhop and blown diffs on the CTS-V, and much of it was rightly so. But this is just as bad. If not worse for the fact that the parts were more expensive and they're denying entire warranties because of this...

Lesson? Don't try to shoot for the moon unless you're ready to deal with the consequences when the buying public tries to match...

Rolex
12-14-08, 12:11 AM
Insert fail boat pics here. Welcome to the supercar market Nissan. It's a dissapointing start for their "supercar killer.". As said above I hope they can hit a higher mark with the 2010 models. 09 CTS V FTMFW. :D

ejguillot
12-14-08, 12:19 AM
I wonder what else Nissan left half-baked on the GT-R. Perhaps they'll bring launch control back on the V-Spec version, they'll need it for the 0-60 bragging rights. Can't have a Nissan costing as much as a ZR-1 barely beating a base Vette to 0-60. :stirpot:

The GT-R fanbois must be fairly dissapointed. :crybaby:

93DevilleUSMC
12-14-08, 04:51 AM
Somewhere the smirks are falling off of Nissan personnel's faces.

BlackCaddy87
12-14-08, 05:33 AM
Too bad the 2 seater GTR weighs almost 2 tons

mighty_quad4
12-14-08, 08:43 AM
Cadillac received epic hell for wheelhop and blown diffs on the CTS-V, and much of it was rightly so. But this is just as bad. If not worse for the fact that the parts were more expensive and they're denying entire warranties because of this...

Lesson? Don't try to shoot for the moon unless you're ready to deal with the consequences when the buying public tries to match...

Cadillac was at least fixing them under warranty under most circumstances. Nissan was falt denying the claims and telling people the trans was a TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLAR fix to replace the trans. ridiculous and unacceptable.

Blackout
12-14-08, 12:19 PM
Too bad the 2 seater GTR weighs almost 2 tons

Too bad it's a 2+2 and not a 2 seater

Blackout
12-14-08, 12:24 PM
Insert fail boat pics here. Welcome to the supercar market Nissan. It's a dissapointing start for their "supercar killer.". As said above I hope they can hit a higher mark with the 2010 models. 09 CTS V FTMFW. :DDidn't we think that when the CTS-V first came out and then we started finding about it's oh so awesome rear diff? All first year cars usually have issues so I really fail to see how this is any other of an issue then any other automaker. Like I stated before just because they're losing the launch control setup the car still runs 0-60 in under 4 seconds so it's not slow by any means. I'm just interested to see as to what the V Spec comes with because if the list I saw is true then you should all be saving your "fail boat" pics and trash talking for when the V Spec comes out because that (so far at least) is shaping up to be quite a disappointment.

Rolex
12-14-08, 01:01 PM
Didn't we think that when the CTS-V first came out and then we started finding about it's oh so awesome rear diff? All first year cars usually have issues so I really fail to see how this is any other of an issue then any other automaker. Like I stated before just because they're losing the launch control setup the car still runs 0-60 in under 4 seconds so it's not slow by any means. I'm just interested to see as to what the V Spec comes with because if the list I saw is true then you should all be saving your "fail boat" pics and trash talking for when the V Spec comes out because that (so far at least) is shaping up to be quite a disappointment.

The V1's diff sucks for sure. Cadillac repaired their diffs under warranty. Nissan has been voiding the warranty on these car's transmissions and offering to fix them to the tune of $20k at the owners' expense. That's a failure of epic proportions, especially on a vehicle that costs $80k and is only a few weeks old. YMMV but a little fail boating is already called for here. ;)

We'll just have to see how well their V spec car sells while consumer confidence in their basic GTR isn't exactly sky high. :) I'm sure the pre-owned market for their GTR will hold its value too. :hide:

for sale: slightly used GTR. Perfect paint and interior. Only 1000 miles. Needs a little transmission work. :histeric:

gothicaleigh
12-17-08, 03:38 AM
Too bad it's a 2+2 and not a 2 seater

It's a 2 seater with a leather covered shelf.

Jesda
12-17-08, 12:33 PM
Nissan makes a few great cars and trucks, but as a corporation I no longer care for them and haven't for a few years.

Cliff8928
12-19-08, 01:36 AM
But at least in one way GM was smarter than Nissan. The V2 has a heavier duty diff to take the power. Not some different computer nannies.

Blackout
12-19-08, 02:36 PM
But at least in one way GM was smarter than Nissan. The V2 has a heavier duty diff to take the power. Not some different computer nannies.The diff isn't the problem:helpless: