: Saw a GT-R last weekend.

PISNUOFF
12-13-08, 02:57 PM
Was in a tuner shop in Connecticut last weekend where I was going to get my car dyno'd for free and saw a Nissan GT-R sitting in there. It was waiting for the custom completely Titanium exhaust and BBS wheels to get put on. I generally don't like foreign cars but this one was sexy and alot bigger than I expected. As it turned out, I couldn't get on the dyno because of the $30,000 worth of ricer parts on it. Oh, well. :rant2:

Rolex
12-13-08, 04:51 PM
There are a couple around here. Generally I am not impressed with them, especially considering all the reliability issues they seem to be having. :suspense:

Twitch
12-13-08, 05:02 PM
Saw one on the road last night. Tried to mess with him a bit, but he wouldn't budge. Some sissy with jersey plates.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-14-08, 08:55 PM
A few friends of mine work at the local Nissan/Kia dealer, and they have a black GT-R on the showfloor, and they invited me to go look at it, so I went down there late Tuesday night and I was surprised at how big it was, especially how tall it was. It's much, much larger than the Corvettes I had grown accustomed to.

hueterm
12-15-08, 12:17 AM
There are a couple around here. Generally I am not impressed with them, especially considering all the reliability issues they seem to be having. :suspense:

I saw some fool test driving one (i.e. drag racing) down Moberly back to the dealership.

I think they look like ass...a 1987 Supra would look less dated...

Kael
12-17-08, 11:37 AM
I saw one too,
in a service department,

with a blown tranny.

go figure.

The Tony Show
12-17-08, 12:05 PM
I wonder if Nissan will void his warranty for running it on a dyno like they do for using launch mode. :bigroll:

Rolex
12-17-08, 02:42 PM
I saw one too,
in a service department,

with a blown tranny.

go figure.

:zing::osnap:

billc83
12-18-08, 08:16 AM
I have yet to see one in person; the photos I've seen haven't been impressive. Something about the styling just doesn't do it for me. The front end just looks odd and the roofline/C-pillar looks ridiculous, in my opinion.

OTOH, Motor Trend just named it Car of the Year. So maybe I'm in the minority...

Coma
12-18-08, 10:10 AM
I've seen a red one and a gray one in person. They look better than the pictures. Until you drive one, who knows?

Kael
12-18-08, 12:16 PM
oh don't worry, that just means nissan gave motor trend more bribe money.. err I mean "advertising money" that in NO WAY influenced their "car of the year" award.

I have yet to see one in person; the photos I've seen haven't been impressive. Something about the styling just doesn't do it for me. The front end just looks odd and the roofline/C-pillar looks ridiculous, in my opinion.

OTOH, Motor Trend just named it Car of the Year. So maybe I'm in the minority...

billc83
12-18-08, 12:44 PM
Sounds like you're insinuating MT would pull a Blagojevich...

Jesda
12-18-08, 01:00 PM
Its an ugly car with computers that allow any retard to become a track hero.

Not my thing.

blue07cts
12-18-08, 09:34 PM
Yeah not to big of fan of the R45, but give me an R34 or even R33 and i'll be in automotive heaven, there deff cars you MUST see in person.

MauiV
12-19-08, 01:02 AM
Last one I saw was on a flatbed. Imagine that.

Aron9000
12-19-08, 01:24 AM
^werd on Motor trend being bribed. They named the 2007 Camry and 2002 Ford Thunderbird car of the year as well. Got to digging, they named a 1997 Chevy Malibu COTY.

parexa
12-19-08, 07:37 AM
Saw one on the road last night. Tried to mess with him a bit, but he wouldn't budge. Some sissy with jersey plates.

He knew youre slow :shhh:

j/p

nikon
12-19-08, 12:01 PM
seen a couple....all in the same place....and yes one of them the tranny was screwed :histeric:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/10/l_0ddeed22c9584abbb216667d84e09b15.jpg

Kick94sts
12-19-08, 02:16 PM
id take one for free, but definetly not my car of choice, lol

Kael
12-19-08, 05:29 PM
oh you guys are going to love this.

saw my second gt-r.
yes it was ANOTHER service department (picking up a friend)

get this:

Its snowed a lot here in chicago land, real slick icy stuff.

anyway.
the gt-r apparently spun its tires REAL fast on some ice and the traction control didn't come on in time.
so get this.
The rear diff GRENADED in its case. It spun up so fast that it just flew apart.
One wheel probably went all wild and when the diff tried to flip to the other wheel.. click, snag.. BAM!

wow.. for less than HALF the money that the gt-r is going for you can go and get yourself a REALLY well built turbo supra and be in performance car heaven.

Note: I said Supra because I figured if you were looking at a gt-r you were probably interested in an asian model and the Supra is a pretty slick car.

Aron9000
12-20-08, 12:56 AM
oh you guys are going to love this.

saw my second gt-r.
yes it was ANOTHER service department (picking up a friend)

get this:

Its snowed a lot here in chicago land, real slick icy stuff.

anyway.
the gt-r apparently spun its tires REAL fast on some ice and the traction control didn't come on in time.
so get this.
The rear diff GRENADED in its case. It spun up so fast that it just flew apart.
One wheel probably went all wild and when the diff tried to flip to the other wheel.. click, snag.. BAM!

wow.. for less than HALF the money that the gt-r is going for you can go and get yourself a REALLY well built turbo supra and be in performance car heaven.

Note: I said Supra because I figured if you were looking at a gt-r you were probably interested in an asian model and the Supra is a pretty slick car.

Not to mention the Supra would blow the doors off of a GT-R. Or pretty much anything else that is street legal.

Rodya234
12-20-08, 01:30 AM
Chicago Winter= The ultimate challenge for foreign cars.

As for the Nissan, nothing about seeing a little rice burner excites me. My neighbor has a 1993 Rolls Royce Silver Spirit Mk.III and even that thing doesn't inspire anything in me. :yawn:

Now a 1970 Eldorado with the original 8.2L and a good sounding exhaust is more of my type of car :cool2:

concorso
12-21-08, 07:01 PM
^werd on Motor trend being bribed. They named the 2007 Camry and 2002 Ford Thunderbird car of the year as well. Got to digging, they named a 1997 Chevy Malibu COTY.each of those cars were/are crap...