: please help installed stereo battery keeps dying

OnDaSlab
12-13-08, 11:53 AM
well i had someone install my stereo and he connected the power and voltage to same source. I believe it is the voltage wire that needs to be connected to the ignition. Either way, the stereo stays on all the time.

SO i figured to take out the face and it would turn off the stereo , so the battery wont run out.
The battery dying out started happening in a few days after installation.

Well i bought a new battery , autozone checked my old one and it was dead. The new battery is dying out now too.

IS the stereo the reason my battery is dying out? I figured since taking off the face, i should be ok. I checked alternator, and its good, not sure what it could be.

I noticed if i don't use the car for 12 hrs or so, or start it up, car battery is dead or close to it, volts show 11v.

thanks for any input

CadillacSTS42005
12-13-08, 12:06 PM
car
make
model
year
stereo installed
etc etc etc
kinda need some info to help you

OnDaSlab
12-13-08, 12:14 PM
sorry
2000 sedan deville
pioneer DEH-P5000UB

OnDaSlab
12-13-08, 02:26 PM
i just disconnected the power source both leads were connected to. And i will check tomorrow morning to see if the car will start. If you have any suggestions what else it might be- please let me know

CadillacSTS42005
12-13-08, 02:55 PM
where you located

OnDaSlab
12-13-08, 05:51 PM
well i checked the voltage of the battery and it was at 11 V
so i knew the car was not going to start, and it didnt

So the battery died out in 4 hrs or so.

I know that it is not the stereo that is causing the battery to die out.

Does anyone know a good electrical shop in houston they recommend where i can take my car, thanks

CadillacSTS42005
12-13-08, 06:18 PM
to be able to do that
youd have to answer the question i asked above....
and ill bet you the fact you have an aftermarket radio in there is why the battery keeps dying as its the lack of the factory radio which is causing the problem...

soulman07
12-15-08, 10:05 PM
We have Cartek Audio here in H-Town, have deep pockets though, because you'll have to rewire quite a bit to get it to work properly. (713) 451-4693 Ask for soloman, tell him Terence sent you