: Viper Tech drives my CTS-V

caddiedrummer
12-12-08, 07:03 PM
One of the good things about buying Vipers is Dodge has dedicated techs who are the only guys allowed to work on your Viper (unlike my Vettes where you either get a veteran tech or the 18 yr old who does the oil changes takes a whack at it) Given the current state of Dodge don't know how long this will last.

I have had the same tech since 95 and he is well known among owners, some of whom drive 100s of miles to get their cars worked on. He is also a drag racer and builds drag cars. I let him drive my other cars for his opinion and he also works on some. These have included Vettes, XLR, XLR-V, and M5.

Anyway, today we took the new V out on interstate. Beforehand he looked the car over on a lift, etc. He was quite impressed with build quality.

He used the paddles and stomped on it hard and the next words were "holy sh#t" or words to that effect --"this is different than anything else you have brought to me".

It was good to hear. Next after the weather turns I hope to take it to Charlotte and have a couple of NASCAR drivers I represent (legal stuff) drive it as I have with the Vipers.

CadV
12-12-08, 08:41 PM
Thanks for sharing!

I should have mine next week and I cannot wait.

Caddyscat
12-12-08, 10:26 PM
COOL! you should have taken pictures of the underpan for us interested to see while it was on the lift. Does it have a true dual exhaust w/crossover?