: California V2 customers

jeffreywilens
12-12-08, 05:47 PM
I'm one of them. Who else? So far no local dealers have reported any vehicles on site or even expected before 2009. I might be willing to go to Nevada or Arizona to pick up one if they are California legal. I have an infiniti M45 current which lease expires in February 2009.

edsuski
12-12-08, 06:55 PM
I'm one of them. Who else? So far no local dealers have reported any vehicles on site or even expected before 2009. I might be willing to go to Nevada or Arizona to pick up one if they are California legal. I have an infiniti M45 current which lease expires in February 2009.

The first will start showing up in the next few days in S. Cal. Unless you have had a deposit down (since January for me) it might be tough, but with all of the bad press, I'm sure a large percentage of customers will decline to buy. The real problem looks to be:

"DETROIT - General Motors announced today a significant reduction of planned production for the first quarter of 2009 due to the ongoing and severe drop in industry sales, which were down 36 percent in November overall and 41 percent for GM (2007 vs. 2008). The impact of these and recently announced actions to adjust production with market demand, will result in the temporary idling of approximately 30 percent of GM's North American assembly plant volume during the first quarter of 2009 and will remove approximately 250,000 units from production.

The speed and severity of the U.S. auto market's decline has been unprecedented in recent weeks as consumers reel from the collapse of the financial markets and the resulting lack of credit for vehicle financing.

The following U.S., Canada and Mexico operations impacted by today's announcement include:

U.S.:

* Ft. Wayne (Ind.) - Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra Light Duty Regular and Extended Cab
* Flint Assembly (Mich.) - Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra Heavy Duty Regular and Crew Cab & Medium Duty
* Wentzville (Mo.) - Chevy Express, GMC Savanna
* Lansing Delta Township (Mich.) - Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook
* Pontiac Assembly (Mich.) - Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra Heavy Duty Extended Cab
* Spring Hill (Tenn.) - Chevy Traverse
* Fairfax Assembly (Kan.) - Chevrolet Malibu/Hybrid, Saturn Aura/Hybrid
* Arlington Assembly (Texas) - Full Size SUVs: Chevy Suburban, Tahoe & Tahoe Hybrid, GMC Yukon, Yukon XL & Yukon Hybrid, Cadillac Escalade/Escalade ESV & Escalade Hybrid
* Lansing Grand River (Mich.) - Cadillac STS & CTS........."

If they stop making them for the month of January - the wait could continue. If you are not too picky and willing to pay at least MSRP, I would think you could pick one up.

GM-4-LIFE
12-13-08, 12:28 PM
I am getting mine from Scott Pratt at Superior. My lease on my 2007 STS-V expires February 6 and Scott has stepped up to help me get a 2009 CTS-V. No California dealer is able to assist me.

If it wasn't for Scott, I would be carless soon and I will NEVER EVER BUY FOREIGN!

I called Scott yesterday and he is working on getting me the car.

Thanks Scott!

SG

The Black Dahlia
12-13-08, 06:30 PM
I am getting mine from Scott Pratt at Superior. My lease on my 2007 STS-V expires February 6 and Scott has stepped up to help me get a 2009 CTS-V. No California dealer is able to assist me.

If it wasn't for Scott, I would be carless soon and I will NEVER EVER BUY FOREIGN!

I called Scott yesterday and he is working on getting me the car.

Thanks Scott!

SG

Just saw in Allen Cadillac's PDI department a Chromaflair on ebony Recaro Auto 09 V!!!

Good luck with your purchase!!!

GMX322V S/C
12-13-08, 07:18 PM
Just saw in Allen Cadillac's PDI department a Chromaflair on ebony Recaro Auto 09 V!!!...Allen (Laguna Niguel) or Bewley Allen (Alhambra)?

GM-4-LIFE
12-13-08, 10:26 PM
If you try to build a 2009 CTS-V on Cadillac.com, there is no longer the Recaro seat option. I think GM either can't get anymore Recaro seats or they can't pay Recaro to supply them. All the CTS-Vs that were built recently do NOT have the Recaro seats. The Recaro seat option was there before when I tried to build it which was a couple weeks ago and the Recaro seats are a $3400.00 option. That's a crazy expensive option!!!

SG

Caddyscat
12-14-08, 12:59 AM
expensive relative to the overall price of the car? I think not. Imagine the germans offering you a race type seat would probably jack the price of the car up much more. I think the recaros help define the cars performance and overall comfort.
Try locating the V on cars.com. I've found one in roseville but i think its an auto in crystal red.

The Black Dahlia
12-15-08, 07:18 PM
It was just delivered. They have more on the way. That's Allen Cadillac in Laguna Niguel.

chenry
12-15-08, 09:58 PM
It was just delivered. They have more on the way. That's Allen Cadillac in Laguna Niguel.

great great service department there...tim is the best (and im sure the others are good to)

fleadh
12-16-08, 07:11 PM
i'm in the SF bay area and have been keeping my eye out for the last few months. once they started hitting the street a week or so ago, i started checking with my local dealers (who are all worthless, didn't even offer to search for me.. but they had no problem taking an 'order for q1 09'.. wtf.)

i've been looking online the last week or so, trying to find a black 6spd manual w/ sunroof, recaros, and nav. every dealer i've talked to said they had them, then when it gets down to it, they have ordered them but not received them yet. it's really starting to piss me off actually.. i can't stand car salesman.

if anyone on the board here has what i want, let me know (anywhere in the continental US, i'm ready to buy now and would like an excuse for a roadtrip back home). don't PM me if you want to place my order, only if i could pick it up now. the closer the price is to invoice, the quicker i can get there. ;)

this is without a doubt, a great car, but after dealing with my local cadillac dealers (and a dozen or so out of state), i see how they lose $5B a quarter. jesus.

-mike

caddyhills
12-16-08, 07:46 PM
I just posted this in the other LA V2 thread:

"I have heard from a local LA dealer salesperson that they are delayed for their delivery because the dealership ordered all of its Vs w/ Recaro packages and that is what is causing the hold up. May be the same for Martin. It may make sense, as LA is an area that usually likes to push loaded models."

Let's face it, LA customers who want this car and have the money to buy this car are going to want it fully loaded. It is a specialty product to begin with, and as such, most LA area dealers are going to play the Recaro option card for both the customer taste and the profit on such an optioned car.

Caddyscat
12-16-08, 08:04 PM
fleadh -

Where about in the Bay area are you from? I have been checking with Michael Stead Cadillac in Walnut Creek and they say they dont even know what their allocation is! I also want a fully loaded 6M - and with the idle shutdown of the plant, it seems as though we may NEVER get one here in sunny CA! Especially after reading about the constraint on Recaro's. Reading about everyone else back east getting theirs is making me wonder where ours are! (you guys out there are lucky indeed, its too bad your weather gets so nasty though)

fleadh
12-16-08, 11:44 PM
fleadh -
Where about in the Bay area are you from? I have been checking with Michael Stead Cadillac in Walnut Creek and they say they dont even know what their allocation is! I also want a fully loaded 6M - and with the idle shutdown of the plant, it seems as though we may NEVER get one here in sunny CA! Especially after reading about the constraint on Recaro's. Reading about everyone else back east getting theirs is making me wonder where ours are! (you guys out there are lucky indeed, its too bad your weather gets so nasty though)

I'm down in Los Gatos. The dealer on stevens creek blvd (their name escapes me, but im sure google would find it) in sunnyvale says they can get anything in 3-4 weeks (that's what they've been telling me the last 2 months tho... so take it with a grain of salt). that's why i've started looking nationwide...

-mike

Caddyscat
12-17-08, 11:45 PM
Damn, I know exactly who you're talking about. Their website shows a V as if they've got them. Car being advertised everywhere (magazines) and cant even get it. Yeah, I realize it's just been released but when I see an ad it makes me want to buy one - advertising works - but they ain't got it so I cant buy it! I've never really followed the release of a new car like this and I wonder if it's always this way with the halo cars. GM is bass-ackwards sometimes, like why offer a G8 GT in auto only?!! Whats the holdup?

Sorry - had to rant.

Been living the dream vicariously through Short-Throw's postings.

Mike, I hope you get your car soon!

fleadh
12-18-08, 08:27 PM
Forum member Nutz gave me a heads up on a car back east this morning, the paperwork is being finished now. Hopefully it'll be here in the next 7 days or so... merry xmas to me!

If the weather wasn't turning so crappy in the north east, I'd have flown out and driven it back. A few days driving in snow doesn't sound very fun though.... so I opted for the door-step delivery option.

Now to decide what to do with my blown nsx... I don't think it'll be seeing the road much in the near future.

-mike

Nutz
12-18-08, 08:34 PM
Forum member Nutz gave me a heads up on a car back east this morning, the paperwork is being finished now. Hopefully it'll be here in the next 7 days or so... merry xmas to me!

If the weather wasn't turning so crappy in the north east, I'd have flown out and driven it back. A few days driving in snow doesn't sound very fun though.... so I opted for the door-step delivery option.

Now to decide what to do with my blown nsx... I don't think it'll be seeing the road much in the near future.

-mike

Outstanding! :highfive: Hope it works out perfect. Great people at Towell Cad!

I know of at least 4 more available also if I get wind of anybody's preferences.

jeffreywilens
12-26-08, 04:04 AM
I was emailed by Tustin Cadillac in Orange County California that they have/had a V2 come available when the original buyer was unable (or maybe unwilling I think) to complete the purchase.

It is Black on Black, auto, moonroof and nav with polished wheels. They said they want MSRP.

This was on 12-23 so I don't know if it is still available.

It is very tempting but I still want to hold out for some sort of discount especially since leasing is either not available or ridiculously overpriced.

On another note, is there any issue about buying out of state regarding California emissions standards?

theformer
12-26-08, 02:05 PM
On another note, is there any issue about buying out of state regarding California emissions standards?

I wouldn't buy a car based on a random post on the Internet, :-) but... I don't believe that's the case any longer. Years ago California had that law that California residents were not allowed to buy out of state cars because they didn't have CA emissions. But, my understanding is that it ran into the Interstate Commerce clause of the U.S. Constitution and had to be dropped.

However, I don't know what that means for emissions checks after the new car exemption passes. Not sure if you'll have to make it compliant or not.

jeffreywilens
12-26-08, 05:06 PM
No it is still illegal to buy a new car out of state and import it to California if it is not California-emissions compliant.

From the DMV website:

A nonresident vehicle was last registered outside the state of California. Anyone who brings a vehicle into California, or purchases a nonresident vehicle while in California, should be aware of the registration requirements.
NOTE: California law prohibits importing and/or registering a new vehicle with less than 7,500 miles at the time of purchase unless it meets or is exempt from California Emission standards. If you acquire a 49-State vehicle (manufactured for all states except California) from another state or country, you may not be able to register your vehicle in this state.

Reference:Health & Safety Code Section 43151(A)

My question is whether the CTS-V is 50 state compliant, most cars are.

edsuski
12-26-08, 06:14 PM
Picked mine up from Allen Cadillac on Christmas Eve. What a great Christmas present! They are starting to come in. Allen had a second Black on Black there.

Good luck.

Ed

Luna.
12-26-08, 06:20 PM
great great service department there...tim is the best (and im sure the others are good to)

Sorry for the off-topic reply, but that is very interesting...

I've read 2 seperate comments, from different posters on this forum, about how AWFUL the service department was there. I have no personsal experience, but I've had a raised eyebrow about them ever since...

jeffreywilens
12-26-08, 06:21 PM
Are they sticking to MSRP?

fleadh
12-26-08, 10:38 PM
My question is whether the CTS-V is 50 state compliant, most cars are.

it is.

-mike

JEM
12-27-08, 04:02 AM
it is.

-mike

It sounds like there's an additional option that doesn't affect California smog-legality, but may improve driveability on the awful dishwater 91-octane gasoline we get out here.

I'd be surprised if it were anything more than an ECU reflash that could be retrofitted - now, what GM policy is on that, and whether California dealers are going to charge out the wazoo for doing so in compensation for not having sold the car in the first place...

GM-4-LIFE
12-27-08, 04:52 PM
The 2009 CTS-V IS a 50 state emissions legal vehicle. Most if not all GM vehicles from the 2001 model year and later have been this way. I have brought in at least 5 new GM vehicles that did NOT have the YF5 order option from the factory and they all passed California smog and the California DMV inspection process so that I could register all of them as new vehicles here.

I wouldn't worry guys. The 2009 CTS-V will be able to be registered here in California without the YF5 California emissions option on the factory sticker.

SG

qictrk
12-27-08, 08:22 PM
I bought my 300C SRT-8 out of Kansas in 2006 and all i had to do was get it smoged. I have purchased a V2 out of Michigan this year and when it arrives i'm sure it will have to be smoged as well. Not a big deal. You lose a little time getting it smoged. The state just wants to make some money on additional fees. Cecil............

jeffreywilens
12-28-08, 03:19 AM
My research shows at least six V2's available (as of 12-27) in the greater Los Angeles area, ranging from $65,140 for black raven models to nearly $70,000 for a custom paint recaro seat model. All are automatics. Apparently no leasing is available, the best financing I have seen advertised to the general public is around 5 percent.

This is a lot of money. I have bought several $50,000+ cars in a row during the last decade, always by leasing to obtain "manageable" payments in the A$600-700 range.

I'm just wondering how they are going to sell these cars, even to businessmen, lawyers and doctors. Let's face it, many of us were really dependent on the leasing system.

It's pretty clear that GMAC is going to have to get its leasing system back up and running once it becomes a "bank" because selling any meaningful number of $70,000 cars like selling any meaningful number of $2 million homes is based upon aggressive offering of credit to consumers.

Final point, can the dealers really hold the line on MSRP here?

IRONDOG
12-28-08, 10:53 AM
Competitive leasing is definitely required for many of us!

Razorecko
12-28-08, 11:45 AM
^agreed. They will not get back on their feet without a solid leasing program.

GMX322V S/C
12-28-08, 06:24 PM
...It's pretty clear that GMAC is going to have to get its leasing system back up and running once it becomes a "bank"...Step 1, done: http://www.leftlanenews.com/fed-grants-gmac-bank-status-access-to-tarp-bailout.html

Razorecko
12-28-08, 08:16 PM
^ should move pretty quickly from this point on. You cannot expect to get the gov't cheese unless you act like a banking insititution on all levels including leasing.

JEM
12-29-08, 02:19 AM
This is a lot of money. I have bought several $50,000+ cars in a row during the last decade, always by leasing to obtain "manageable" payments in the A$600-700 range.

I've never leased anything, the last car we financed was our '92 Saab in October of '91. $37K, 40% down, 0% over 48mos.

Tomorrow, 182K miles later, I fax in the paperwork to donate that car to charity...

jeffreywilens
12-29-08, 02:50 AM
JEM,

People like you are what destroyed GM.

;)

Don't you know you are supposed to lease a new car every 2-3 years?

fleadh
12-30-08, 01:09 AM
turns out the shipping company couldn't find anyone to pick the car up in the last week, so i got a plane ticket (2 actually, a buddy is going with me) to akron this evening and borrowed a V1. we arrive at around 3pm, gunna pickup the car from the dealer, then head south until the exterior temp hits at least 65 degrees where we'll turn west until we hit the pacific. good thing this thing has navigation...

my flight leaves at 6am, and i'm hoping to be back home by friday night. might spend a little extra time in memphis since i always wanted to visit...

if you're out driving in the midwest/south/southwest over the next few days and spot a black cts-v closing fast in your rear-view mirror, get the hell outa the way! :-)

-mike

Nutz
12-30-08, 09:49 AM
turns out the shipping company couldn't find anyone to pick the car up in the last week, so i got a plane ticket (2 actually, a buddy is going with me) to akron this evening and borrowed a V1. we arrive at around 3pm, gunna pickup the car from the dealer, then head south until the exterior temp hits at least 65 degrees where we'll turn west until we hit the pacific. good thing this thing has navigation...

my flight leaves at 6am, and i'm hoping to be back home by friday night. might spend a little extra time in memphis since i always wanted to visit...

if you're out driving in the midwest/south/southwest over the next few days and spot a black cts-v closing fast in your rear-view mirror, get the hell outa the way! :-)

-mike
Glad to hear things are panning out Mike. :thumbsup:

Towell Cad still has 3 more in the showroom here if anyone else is interested.
1-black, 1-silver, and 1-white diamond. All automatics.

InLoveWithThe09
01-04-09, 07:34 AM
so the only California dealer currently with v's is in Laguna Niguel? or is Towell Cadillac in California also?

Nutz
01-04-09, 08:36 AM
so the only California dealer currently with v's is in Laguna Niguel? or is Towell Cadillac in California also?

Towell is in Ohio.
And I believe the White Diamond is a manual.

Cub Cadet
01-04-09, 01:37 PM
I can't wait until I can get mine ordered at Towell. I was hoping the black one would stick around there just a bit longer... I really, really enjoyed my ride in that car. I was sold on that one:(

jeffreywilens
01-04-09, 03:28 PM
Inlovewiththe09,

No, there are many California dealers with V2s. I reported in an earlier post about the 6-7 I found in Southern California as of December 27th. I'm sure there are more or soon will be.

With no leasing available and 5 percent financing on a $70,000 car, I just don't see them moving many of these. But now that GMAC has beefed up financing capability, maybe that will change soon.

InLoveWithThe09
01-04-09, 06:45 PM
Thanks, but if you don't mind me asking how did you find out that information? I would like to check that out for myself, So I can see how many are in dealers and if any maybe go check them out. Thanks again.

jeffreywilens
01-04-09, 07:57 PM
Inlove,

It's no big secret. Go to cadillac.com, type in your zip code for a list of local dealers and then go to each website of the dealer to search their inventory for 2009 CTS-V. I found that more hits come up that way then using the search inventory feature on cadillac.com for some reason.

fleadh
01-04-09, 08:01 PM
Inlove,

It's no big secret. Go to cadillac.com, type in your zip code for a list of local dealers and then go to each website of the dealer to search their inventory for 2009 CTS-V. I found that more hits come up that way then using the search inventory feature on cadillac.com for some reason.

99% of all the cts-v hits i found a few weeks ago using cadillac.com only referenced cars that were *ordered* by the specified dealers, not actually on the lot and available. just a heads up..

-mike

jeffreywilens
01-04-09, 11:22 PM
I'm looking at the dealerships' actual websites which identify a vehicle and VIN. They should have it in stock if it is listed there.

GM-4-LIFE
01-05-09, 12:04 AM
I'm looking at the dealerships' actual websites which identify a vehicle and VIN. They should have it in stock if it is listed there.

From what I was told by GM, the second the car gets shipped from the factory and on it's way to the dealership, the VIN # and vehicle description pops up on the GM.com site so it is not indicative of the dealer having the car on the lot.

SG

darjae
01-05-09, 12:24 AM
From what I was told by GM, the second the car gets shipped from the factory and on it's way to the dealership, the VIN # and vehicle description pops up on the GM.com site so it is not indicative of the dealer having the car on the lot.

SG

This is true. My car was listed on cadillac's site for 3 days before I got it and 4 days afterwards. They only have it if you see it at the dealer's lot.

jeffreywilens
01-05-09, 01:04 AM
Well, it's a little unclear if we are talking about the same thing. I am talking about a particular dealership's website, not gm.com.

InLoveWithThe09
01-05-09, 04:46 AM
Thanks

fleadh
01-05-09, 02:39 PM
all the cadillac dealer websites i searched appeared to use the same database (i assume gm offers this to all the dealers, and all the searches are simply done with a dealers id).

all i'm saying is, unless you go to the dealer or call them up, and ask 'is it on the lot and can i pick it up today?', i would not assume the car is available.

-mike

Nutz
01-05-09, 07:59 PM

If the weather wasn't turning so crappy in the north east, I'd have flown out and driven it back. A few days driving in snow doesn't sound very fun though....

-mike

Welllllllll? I pm'd you. How did everything go?? Over 3000 miles in one week in a 556 h.p. 09 V. Any stories?? Anything?

fleadh
01-05-09, 09:26 PM
Welllllllll? I pm'd you. How did everything go?? Over 3000 miles in one week in a 556 h.p. 09 V. Any stories?? Anything?

hah, ya! i was going to post a new thread about the road-trip so i didn't derail this one, but haven't had time since i got back home (i haven't even washed the car yet.). i'll do it tonight... :-)

-mike

edit: also, for the people who did pm me with questions, i can't reply yet because of my newbie account status. i'm not ignoring you...

Luna.
01-05-09, 10:05 PM

At the moment, don't bet on it. The previous poster is correct; most of the units they say they have, they don't and many, if not most, of those have already been sold. And I called all over So Cal and got the same answer.

It will change, but, at the moment, don't count on it

Cub Cadet
01-06-09, 01:16 AM
hah, ya! i was going to post a new thread about the road-trip so i didn't derail this one, but haven't had time since i got back home (i haven't even washed the car yet.). i'll do it tonight... :-)

-mike

edit: also, for the people who did pm me with questions, i can't reply yet because of my newbie account status. i'm not ignoring you...

So did you buy the 6spd black one that they had? I test drove that car and was working a deal on it as well... just couldn't unload my SVT Lightning quick enough to make it happen:(

InLoveWithThe09
01-14-09, 04:46 PM
I just got a V from Bewley Allen Cadillac in Alhambra. . .but I have seen 3 for sale at Casa de Gonzalez Cadillac of Downey. This was a week ago, and I also made a call to Penske Cadillac in Torrance. This shows they are starting to show up in the South Bay area, despite the thought of most being already pre-ordered. The fact is that most of these cars were pre-ordered by someone who ended up declining to actually purchase them. That has been the case at all of these dealers I mention. So if you are interested just make a few calls and see what comes up. Some of them even have Recaro Seats.

Dr. Design
01-14-09, 10:36 PM
There are a few showing up in Socal, which is great!:thumbsup:

InLoveWithThe09
01-15-09, 03:01 PM
Pardon me I said showing up in the south bay but i meant to put SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.