: Require 02 Amp / Speaker Wiring Colors (+ or -)

Robscountach
12-12-08, 10:28 AM
Hello,
I've got my front doors all apart, the stock Bose's drilled out (were riveted in), and ready to install my new Infinities.. However, I need to ensure the +, - are correct. The plug for the Bose is '0' help.

Can anyone tell me, what the deal is here ? I'm not sure an Amp diagram would help I've seen wire colors change, but if need be can use my ohm meter to chase it down. I'm not picky at the momment - :bonkers:

LF - Brown & Grey Wires
RF - White & Orange w/ Black Stripe

PS: If you attempt this, know the door panel does NOT pull off, it lifts. There are NO plastic tabs. Also, have drill ready since those Bose are riveted into the holding case. My 6 1/2 do fit.

Guyz1996deville
12-12-08, 01:41 PM
Would a fluke meter work for you?

Robscountach
12-12-08, 03:28 PM
Hey,
I've got a meter, what I don't have are the color codes from the AMP (or in the door)...

Thanks though !

Would a fluke meter work for you?

Robscountach
12-12-08, 03:53 PM
Oops; Wire Color update. I need to figure these out:

LF - Brown & Grey Wires
RF - Green & Dark Green

Sorry, but there was no 'edit' button on the original post ?

Hello,
I've got my front doors all apart, the stock Bose's drilled out (were riveted in), and ready to install my new Infinities.. However, I need to ensure the +, - are correct. The plug for the Bose is '0' help.

Can anyone tell me, what the deal is here ? I'm not sure an Amp diagram would help I've seen wire colors change, but if need be can use my ohm meter to chase it down. I'm not picky at the momment - :bonkers:

LF - Brown & Grey Wires
RF - White & Orange w/ Black Stripe

PS: If you attempt this, know the door panel does NOT pull off, it lifts. There are NO plastic tabs. Also, have drill ready since those Bose are riveted into the holding case. My 6 1/2 do fit.

Robscountach
12-12-08, 04:27 PM
Well, I found my wiring diagram on another site. Thanks anyway, but in case its needed; Here it is !

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/GM-Wiring.pdf