: New Delivery -- No Detailing

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-12-08, 09:49 AM
Tony, When my coupe comes in is it possible to take delivery of the car the way it comes off the truck? I know the dealer has to do the fluids and maint. routine BUT I like to pick up my new cars with the white plastic still on the paint and the interior still wrapped up.

It's sort of like getting a Christmas present and having someone else unwrap it for you. Plus Detailing employees are not the highest paid people in the dealer. I like my clear coat intact... :cool:

Kadonny
12-12-08, 09:55 AM
Wow, all the STS-V people are jumping ship....inlcuding maybe me :thumbsup::bouncy:

Good luck, details on the car please!

urbanski
12-12-08, 09:58 AM
it would be nice to avoid a shop monkey dragging a greasy cloth over your baby. make sure to tell them no front plate or dealer stickers either

Cadillac Tony
12-12-08, 10:05 AM
We take the utmost care when PDI'ing and cleaning our customers' cars. Our detail shop never uses a buffer on new cars to avoid swirl marks, and we also never install a front plate unless requested by the customer. That being said, if someone requests to pick it up right off the truck, dirty and with the plastic still on it- hey - it's your car, and we'll give it to you however you want it. :)

Wait until I post some pictures next week of our first 2009 customer's CTS-V. It's being sent out at his request to have some custom work done on the interior before he picks it up, and it's going to look sweeeeeet.

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-12-08, 12:03 PM
Wow, all the STS-V people are jumping ship....inlcuding maybe me :thumbsup::bouncy:

Good luck, details on the car please!Hell NO!!! I aint jumpin ship. I will always keep my STS-V. Just adding a coupe to the stable when they come out.

Here is how I see it.

CTS-V2's mother was a STS-V and father was a ZR-1

I can't wait to test drive a V2 and see if there is much difference from a STS-V aside from more HP.

Krug Ford
12-12-08, 02:47 PM
I have 4 CTS-V's available now..

White, Red and Black..

I am leaving the plastic on the cars....

Cadillac Tony
12-12-08, 02:47 PM
:histeric:

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-12-08, 05:59 PM
We take the utmost care when PDI'ing and cleaning our customers' cars. Our detail shop never uses a buffer on new cars to avoid swirl marks, and we also never install a front plate unless requested by the customer. That being said, if someone requests to pick it up right off the truck, dirty and with the plastic still on it- hey - it's your car, and we'll give it to you however you want it. :)

Wait until I post some pictures next week of our first 2009 customer's CTS-V. It's being sent out at his request to have some custom work done on the interior before he picks it up, and it's going to look sweeeeeet.

Tony, I didn't mean to insinuate your guys were the issue. It's a generic thing for me. I like to be the only one other than the robots and guys who made it, to baby it.

I am sure your guys do a great job

Truthfully I just want to paint a checker board pattern on the white plastic so I can make people think I am driving a test mule or a new prototype.:cool2:

caddiedrummer
12-12-08, 07:14 PM
God, I would hope a dealer would not use a buffer on fresh paint on a new car. I told my dealer unload, check fluids, no dealer name tag, no plate I will just take it. Have seen too many new cars with swirl marks from the teenage "detail guy" who spends all day washing cars with the same rag.

readyact
12-12-08, 11:35 PM
I picked my car up from Voss Village Cadillac in Dayton today and they did a great job getting my car ready. Very clean no marks, no front plate bracket and a full tank of fuel. The car is ridiculous and is by far the best car I have ever driven let alone owned. The pure power in the car can not truly be described. I drove the car home in light snow flurries and the tire tracking was more than fine. I am a very happy man!!!!!!!!

CSX
12-13-08, 12:03 PM
I won't comment on Tony's dealership specifically, because I'm sure his staff does a great job...but having been a lot attendant once upon a time, I've seen how little they care about the vehicle they're "detailing" on many occasions. I planned on asking for my V the same way...straight off the truck, just as it is.