: Drove an 09 V Stickshift today

Nutz
12-11-08, 11:58 PM
Let me start first by saying that my experience at Towell Cadillac/Saab was exceptional! What a class act. Period.
The car I drove was a Black raven stick shift. First of all the clutch is very impressive, very refined compared to my 05 V.
The shift throw was not quite as tight and short as I hoped for but certainly better than my broomstick in a bucket now.
The base model seats were quite alright, but the Recaro's I sat in at Summit Point were superior.
The car has an amazing improvement in comfort at cruising speeds.
The exhaust note AT AN IDLE is very deep and clearly noticable, but looses it's muscle after the accelerator is pushed, replaced by the sweet music of the Eaton Supercharger. (Corsa is a must in my opinion). The stock tips look excellent though. I tried all gears at 40 m.p.h. with no hint of drone, and actually no CAGS interruption as a matter of fact either.
The nav touch screen was light years ahead of my 05 in the "user friendly" dept.
I was surprised how un-noticeable the hood bulge was from the driver's seat.
For those that currently own a V1 and know how quickly you became accustomed to it... Expect to feel like a lion tamer when you drive the new one. It is extremely well balanced.
The car is purely a menace in person to look at, a kitten to cruise, and a beast when unleashed.
Oh did I mention it pulls like a locomotive? Ya, well anyone within the vicinity of Akron, Ohio with a hope for a Black Raven manual should head over to Towell soon. The one I drove is available! With the newly announced GMS, AND $2,000.00 off!! The sales associates are already well-informed and know Cadillacs almost as good as us... :lol:

Luna.
12-12-08, 12:07 AM
Let me start first by saying that my experience at Towell Cadillac/Saab was exceptional! What a class act. Period.
The car I drove was a Black raven stick shift. First of all the clutch is very impressive, very refined compared to my 05 V.
The shift throw was not quite as tight and short as I hoped for but certainly better than my broomstick in a bucket now.
The base model seats were quite alright, but the Recaro's I sat in at Summit Point were superior.
The car has an amazing improvement in comfort at cruising speeds.
The exhaust note AT AN IDLE is very deep and clearly noticable, but looses it's muscle after the accelerator is pushed, replaced by the sweet music of the Eaton Supercharger. (Corsa is a must in my opinion). The stock tips look excellent though. I tried all gears at 40 m.p.h. with no hint of drone, and actually no CAGS interruption as a matter of fact either.
The nav touch screen was light years ahead of my 05 in the "user friendly" dept.
I was surprised how un-noticeable the hood bulge was from the driver's seat.
For those that currently own a V1 and know how quickly you became accustomed to it... Expect to feel like a lion tamer when you drive the new one. It is extremely well balanced.
The car is purely a menace in person to look at, a kitten to cruise, and a beast when unleashed.
Oh did I mention it pulls like a locomotive? Ya, well anyone within the vicinity of Akron, Ohio with a hope for a Black Raven manual should head over to Towell soon. The one I drove is available! With the newly announced GMS, AND $2,000.00 off!! The sales associates are already well-informed and know Cadillacs almost as good as us... :lol:

Agree. My 2 favorite exhaust sounds were Zoomers and Corsa. I did Zoomers, so I plan on hitting Corsa up on this one. :cool2:

Cub Cadet
12-12-08, 12:32 AM
This is the one I will be going to drive as well.
The sales guy that I dealt with via the web was Ted... any way to check and see if he is any good?

By the way, you guys should really try Stainless Works exhaust systems. For us in Ohio, it is right over in Chagrin Falls. I have one of their systems on my Trailblazer SS and it sounds excellent. Go to youtube and look for V's with Stainless Works exhausts... those sound good too!

Short-Throw
12-12-08, 12:41 AM
The one I drove is available!

You didn't bring it home?

Glad you had a chance to experience it!

Nutz
12-12-08, 12:48 AM
You didn't bring it home?

Glad you had a chance to experience it!

Already have a fast black car. Waiting for Gold Mist to happen although doubtful but it's close to my company color scheme, or I'll settle for Crystal Red I suppose. Gotta have Recaro's too. :thumbsup:

Nutz
12-12-08, 12:57 AM
This is the one I will be going to drive as well.
The sales guy that I dealt with via the web was Ted... any way to check and see if he is any good?

By the way, you guys should really try Stainless Works exhaust systems. For us in Ohio, it is right over in Chagrin Falls. I have one of their systems on my Trailblazer SS and it sounds excellent. Go to youtube and look for V's with Stainless Works exhausts... those sound good too!

I've dealt with Ben at Stainless Works before in the past ther when we r&d'd headers and a downpipe for my Grand National. :2thumbs:
Don't Know Ted at the dealer though, I dealt with J.J. and also Nick the sales manager. Really impressed with the 09 though. Sincerely, Good luck. If you buy it look me up for lunch someday.

Oh, by the way. 2 of my friends have Trailblazer SS's. one did the fan removal and PCM's For Less reprogram and woke up NOTICEABLE power for his RWD SS! Try it if you haven't already.

MauiV
12-12-08, 01:01 AM
I sat in and started a black on black auto today. The salesman decided it probably wasnt a good idea to take it for a test drive while there was ice pellets falling. Id have to say it was a wise decision on his mart.

Cub Cadet
12-12-08, 02:50 PM
Mine does have a Vector tune, CAI, and an HSRK that works great for hot days at the track. Mine is AWD and really isn't much for track duty... I did use it to haul my F150 Lightning to the track though. It is a towing beast with the big brakes and the 400hp.
I wasn't exactly looking for this black CTS-V since I need it as a daily driver... I was looking for a white or silver one. I have never owned either color, and they seem to be the best at not showing wear and tear or too much dirt. Everyone says white always looks dirty, but all whites to me seem clean from 10ft or more as long as the wheels are clean.

whisler151
12-12-08, 03:34 PM
By the way, you guys should really try Stainless Works exhaust systems. Go to youtube and look for V's with Stainless Works exhausts... those sound good too!

Yeah, that's NAF's V. He is on this forum. Stainless Works didn't catch on for the V very well. Maybe they will have better luck with the V2.

Razorecko
12-12-08, 03:37 PM
Hey Nutz, did you drive the auto also ? - if so what was your take on the whole auto vs. manual bit

Nutz
12-12-08, 07:33 PM
Hey Nutz, did you drive the auto also ? - if so what was your take on the whole auto vs. manual bit

Didn't drive the auto V, but I have an auto w/paddles in my 08 Vette. That setup is very impressive, probably the best auto trans out there. It downshifts not one but two gears on the highway. I'm assuming it's the same or similar trans in the V (minus the algorhythm learning capability). The paddles have a rev-matching fun to them when downshifting, but louder mufflers would help in hearing the fun sound.