: is there a constant 12v in the trunk of my eldorado

Eldorado192
12-11-08, 07:39 PM
hi, i have a eldorado ETC thats a 93 with sony xpode previously had a delco bose but that went to the trash. i now want to find a constant 12 volt in the trunk somewhere. I REALLY DONT WANT TO RUN A WIRE TO THE BATTERY for my amp. there has to be one somewhere???????

and i have searched for this and i couldnt find it. so i need help :hmm:

soulman07
12-15-08, 11:07 PM
Run the wire, stop looking! the thicker the gauge the better anyway.

wachuku
12-18-08, 02:55 AM
Yeah you're crazy if you try to run a serious amp off a 12V factory wire in the trunk. If there is one, it should be fused and you're amp will likely blow the fuse. That not withstanding, you should run a minimum of 8 gauge to avoid excessive power loss and voltage drop.

It shouldn't be too hard to run the wire. Remove the side trim along the floor; below the carpet there might be plastic access panels to wire conduits like on my '97 STS.

CadillacSTS42005
12-20-08, 11:24 AM
^^^
that and a simple 10 dollar test light can answer that question for you pretty easily...

still_walkin
12-26-08, 06:38 AM
Yeah you're crazy if you try to run a serious amp off a 12V factory wire in the trunk. If there is one, it should be fused and you're amp will likely blow the fuse. That not withstanding, you should run a minimum of 8 gauge to avoid excessive power loss and voltage drop.

It shouldn't be too hard to run the wire. Remove the side trim along the floor; below the carpet there might be plastic access panels to wire conduits like on my '97 STS.

heys right running a aftermarket ammp on a factory wire not rated for that wire is gonna burn something out and depending on your amp you are goignto need a special size of wire. its not hard to wire a amp up the hardest part is getting the wire thru the fire wall make sure you use a gourmet and fuse with 18" of your batt and ground from the biggest metal you can find in the trunk wheel wwell is the best. aslso mount the amp dont have it floating around or you will have a light show