: Pick up Tomorrow! I won't sleep tonight

Qnsryck
12-11-08, 04:05 PM
I'm flying to Lindsay Cadillac tomorrow morning and picking up my Black/Black, Recaro, 6spd! I can't wait. Then I get to drive it home to Wisconsin. Other than the fun of driving around Chicago are there any areas between Alexandria VA and Chicago to avoid?:bouncy::bouncy:

It'll be a long ride but oh, so fun!

I'll post pics when I get home.

CtsVrod
12-11-08, 04:17 PM
Im JEALOUS! I would purposely buy a V2 out of State just to enjoy the Drive Back!!

When you ready to sell her let me know - Thats the Car I want!

Also Say Hi to Luke over in the Parts Dept!

Chris74
12-11-08, 04:24 PM
I'm flying to Lindsay Cadillac tomorrow morning and picking up my Black/Black, Recaro, 6spd! I can't wait. Then I get to drive it home to Wisconsin. Other than the fun of driving around Chicago are there any areas between Alexandria VA and Chicago to avoid?:bouncy::bouncy:

I live in Alexandria. Lindsay called me today to say they got their 1st CTS-V in house. That one must be yours...Congrats! I kept it in under 150mph for proper break-in. :shhh: Just kidding...I asked to go look at it and they said the keys to open it are locked up. You found a great dealer to buy from...Congrats!

BTW...Leave before 2:30pm, so you can avoid all the 495 beltway traffic. If not, you will still be in Virginia at 7pm. :rant2:

caddiedrummer
12-11-08, 04:43 PM
The worst place between Alexandria and Chicago is likely Alexandria. Chris is right --be out of there by 2:30. I picked mine up from Moore in Chantlly which is also bad traffic but I am only 2 hrs away in Richmond.

Learn your controls before hitting 495.

Otherwise should be a great run. The V runs well on the highway. Congrats

rand49er
12-11-08, 05:39 PM
The worst place between Alexandria and Chicago is likely Alexandria ...I have no doubt it's bad there, but have you ever driven in Chicago? Heck, I bet even the governor can't buy his way through that traffic.

EDIT: Oh, congrats on the purchase and enjoy the drive!

urbanski
12-11-08, 06:10 PM
thanks for joining as a supporter :)

Razorecko
12-11-08, 08:33 PM
I have no doubt it's bad there, but have you ever driven in Chicago? Heck, I bet even the governor can't buy his way through that traffic.

EDIT: Oh, congrats on the purchase and enjoy the drive!

lol, blagobitch was taking his helicopter home.....i'm serious ...hope he has fun in jail.

readyact
12-11-08, 08:39 PM

Congrats. I pick mine up tomorrow as well. Black on Black. I went to the dealer today to check it out. Too bad it came in at 3:30pm and they were pressing the service dept. to get it ready for me to drive off today, but the Service Manager didn't want his team rushing the car out. Anyway I only live 5 miles from the dealership so I won't get to know my car all that well tomorrow like you will driving back to Chi.

rand49er
12-11-08, 09:54 PM
Congrats. I pick mine up tomorrow as well. Black on Black. I went to the dealer today to check it out. Too bad it came in at 3:30pm and they were pressing the service dept. to get it ready for me to drive off today, but the Service Manager didn't want his team rushing the car out. Anyway I only live 5 miles from the dealership so I won't get to know my car all that well tomorrow like you will driving back to Chi.It's official ... I hate you.

readyact
12-11-08, 10:50 PM
It's official ... I hate you.

But I'll post pictures...

Razorecko
12-11-08, 10:57 PM
very nice dude, must be the first 6spd recaro in the states, how long have you been on the list for ??

rand49er
12-11-08, 10:58 PM
But I'll post pictures...You're still not forgiven.

Now, a ride in it, and I might have to reconsider.

thebigjimsho
12-12-08, 12:32 AM
WAKE UP!!!

Maybe I'll take a cross country trip when I get mine. Fly down to Cadillac Tony and then circle the country in mah new V...

Qnsryck
12-12-08, 05:26 AM
Yup, didn't sleep much. :yawn: Heading for the airport.

I don't know if it's just morning wood or I'm that damn excited to get the car!!

rand49er
12-12-08, 07:11 AM
... I don't know if it's just morning wood or I'm that damn excited to get the car!!:rofl:

ewill3rd
12-12-08, 07:58 AM
Be sure to say hello while you are here.
I saw Danny doing the prep on it, there might be some drool on the windows!
Beautiful car.
Have a safe trip here and home!

OldRoadDawg
12-12-08, 09:29 AM
Maybe I'll take a cross country trip when I get mine. Fly down to Cadillac Tony and then circle the country in mah new V...

You WILL stop by PA when that happens and provide a more extensive 'looksee' than what we got at Monticello. (But park down the street. I don't want my '04 seeing an '09 in the driveway. It might develop a complex or sumthin')

CIWS
12-12-08, 09:46 AM
thanks for joining as a supporter :)

:yeah:

Congrats on the car and where you bought it :thumbsup:

CtsVrod
12-12-08, 12:28 PM
Seeing all these threads about new owners picking up their V2's is making me awfully JEALOUS!!!

Razorecko
12-12-08, 12:39 PM
Drive safe its a heckuva journey.

readyact
12-12-08, 08:54 PM
Once again congrats on the new ride. I picked mine up today and all I can say is this is one bad ass car. This is by far the best car I've ever owned. I will post pics tomorrow after I get it back from the tint.

Qnsryck
12-13-08, 02:06 PM
I got home a little bit ago. About 1,000 miles! The most enjoyable 1,000 miles spent behind the wheel. It's an amazing car. I had high expectations and I love every bit of the car. The manual is excellent, smooth and distinct. When I left Lindsay (great experience!) I missed a turn and ended up going through DC, around the White House, etc. I've never been there so it was a nice quick tour. So I left Va, went through DC, through MD, then PA, then OH, IN and stayed in Chicago. I hit a pretty good snow fall through the mountains in PA. Car did fantastic. This car really likes the taste of gas. I'm glad we're down to below $2.

Can't wait to clean it up and sit and stare at it for awhile.:bouncy::bouncy:

OldRoadDawg
12-13-08, 02:31 PM
When I left Lindsay (great experience!) I missed a turn and ended up going through DC, around the White House, etc. I've never been there so it was a nice quick tour.

Ha-ha... musta been that quick left onto the GW Pkwy from 395 that you missed. Gets me everytime I try leaving Lindsay late in the afternoon and get into heavy traffic.

That's the best way to put a quick 1K miles on it. Sounds like you missed most of the snow/ice.

Congrats and enjoy :highfive:

The Black Dahlia
12-13-08, 05:11 PM
Pics! Pics! Pics!!!!!!!! :)

thebigjimsho
12-13-08, 06:02 PM
You WILL stop by PA when that happens and provide a more extensive 'looksee' than what we got at Monticello. (But park down the street. I don't want my '04 seeing an '09 in the driveway. It might develop a complex or sumthin')Yes, I will. But you may already have yours by then. It's gonna be a loooong wait. :alchi:

ewill3rd
12-14-08, 06:40 AM
Glad to hear you made it home safely and with a smile on your face.
Enjoy that beautiful car.