: GMS Now Available on the 2009 CTS-V

readyact
12-11-08, 03:29 PM
I'm not trying to start another debate on discounts cheaping the value of the V2, but I just got a call from my dealer stating that their GM Rep said the Employee Discount (GMS) for those who qualify is NOW AVAILABLE. I know some posters have stated that they will be able to get the car at Invoice which is even better.

Ketzer
12-11-08, 05:19 PM
Not arguing ready, just looking for some clear confirmation on conflicting info...

My dealer in Memphis just told me an hour ago NO GMS. How do you "qualify"? I've seen posts by salesmen saying they will give it with no mention of any qualifying. Also, I thought GMS was several hundred below dealer invoice?

How does this effect the $2k incentive?

Jeff-

readyact
12-11-08, 08:30 PM
Not arguing ready, just looking for some clear confirmation on conflicting info...

My dealer in Memphis just told me an hour ago NO GMS. How do you "qualify"? I've seen posts by salesmen saying they will give it with no mention of any qualifying. Also, I thought GMS was several hundred below dealer invoice?

How does this effect the $2k incentive?

Jeff-

For GMS pricing you or an immediate family member must work for GM in some capacity. Pricing is as follow from cheapest to highest:

Invoice, GMS, Supplier, MSRP.

My dealer allowed me to take GMS and the $2000 incentive, plus use my GM credit card reward points. Remember ANY discount is up to the dealer. I am just letting people know that there are discounts out there and GM is no longer "blocking" dealers from taking Employee pricing. As I stated some lucky folks have found dealers that will let them have the car at Invoice. My suggestion to you would be to call the other Cadillac dealers in Memphis to see what they have say.

Ketzer
12-11-08, 10:20 PM
It's definately going to be a factor. If a dealer had what I wanted and was willing to extend me the GMS pricing, I can and will buy today. Otherwise, it's prudent to wait a couple months and see if someone will. Bad for them if they are really not moving product, agonizing for me. Bummer all around.

Jeff-

Jpjr
12-11-08, 10:56 PM
For GMS pricing you or an immediate family member must work for GM in some capacity. Pricing is as follow from cheapest to highest:

Invoice, GMS, Supplier, MSRP.

My dealer allowed me to take GMS and the $2000 incentive, plus use my GM credit card reward points. Remember ANY discount is up to the dealer. I am just letting people know that there are discounts out there and GM is no longer "blocking" dealers from taking Employee pricing. As I stated some lucky folks have found dealers that will let them have the car at Invoice. My suggestion to you would be to call the other Cadillac dealers in Memphis to see what they have say.

Although I qualify for GMS, I don't claim to be an expert in pricing. I had thought that employee pricing (GMS) was approx. 3% below invoice and supplier pricing was approx. 1.5% above invoice.

If that is still true, dealer's charging invoice are still not at the GMS price.

qictrk
12-11-08, 11:04 PM
I'm with you Jeff. I would buy one now too if i could even get supplier pricing? I figure about the end of Jan. things will open up. The dealers are still trying to get inventory, and they sell it as fast as they get it. I had the same problem when i bought my SRT-8 a few years ago. Cecil.........

Nutz
12-11-08, 11:06 PM
It's definately going to be a factor. If a dealer had what I wanted and was willing to extend me the GMS pricing, I can and will buy today. Otherwise, it's prudent to wait a couple months and see if someone will. Bad for them if they are really not moving product, agonizing for me. Bummer all around.

Jeff-

I just drove an 09 V today and was definately offered GMS AN $2,000.00 off. PM me if you want details on an availble car near me in Cleveland, Ohio.

CadV
12-12-08, 02:22 AM
Invoice is not cheaper than GMS.

I can also confirm I got GMS and the 2,000 rebate.

readyact
12-12-08, 03:10 AM
Invoice is not cheaper than GMS.

I can also confirm I got GMS and the 2,000 rebate.

Oops!!! Guess I'm wrong.

Ketzer
12-12-08, 08:56 AM
Thanks to everyone posting about being offered GMS!

Nutz, pm sent.

Jeff-

CIWS
12-12-08, 09:21 AM
So if we use taxpayer money to help GM, does that now qualify every taxpayer for GMS pricing on a vehicle ?

edsuski
12-12-08, 12:07 PM
So if we use taxpayer money to help GM, does that now qualify every taxpayer for GMS pricing on a vehicle ?

If the bank gives you a loan - are you an employee of the bank?

Cadillac Tony
12-12-08, 12:24 PM
Just to avoid any confusion in this thread (which may be too late already):

GMS is now being "honored", which means you can get it if you qualify for it. It is not just being offered to everyone like it was during the GMS for everyone promotion. I know there's some Dealers that do a little "creative paperwork" to give unauthorized Employee discounts, but that's a violation of their Dealer agreement and makes them subject to prosecution by GM. Not many Dealers will risk that.

Not trying to be a buzzkill here, but please don't get your hopes up that you'll be able to walk in and get Employee price on V after reading the title of this thread if you don't already qualify for it.

Ketzer
12-12-08, 12:49 PM
Just to avoid any confusion in this thread (which may be too late already):

GMS is now being "honored", which means you can get it if you qualify for it. It is not just being offered to everyone like it was during the GMS for everyone promotion. I know there's some Dealers that do a little "creative paperwork" to give unauthorized Employee discounts, but that's a violation of their Dealer agreement and makes them subject to prosecution by GM. Not many Dealers will risk that.

Not trying to be a buzzkill here, but please don't get your hopes up that you'll be able to walk in and get Employee price on V after reading the title of this thread if you don't already qualify for it.

Thanks Tony. That is how I was understanding it, and how I thought some where able to offer it, I was just afraid to spell it out and get anyone in trouble. (I'd still take it if a dealer offered it though :shhh:)

Still hoping the rumor of it returning after Jan 5 is true. With the news from congress last night, who knows what is about to happen.

Jeff-

CadV
12-12-08, 12:52 PM
I had to give them an authorzation number (Grandfather retired from GM) in order to get GMS.

Ketzer
12-12-08, 01:07 PM
Thats the problem, I don't work for or have a close relative that works for, so I don't "qualify". I think some dealers may have a pool of those numbers to use indiscriminately, and I believe this is what Tony is reffering to.

Once again, I hope it is avail to everyone (even regular folk like ME) again very soon.

Jeff-

CIWS
12-12-08, 01:11 PM
If the bank gives you a loan - are you an employee of the bank?

No, neither is the son of the guy that works at the bank, but he can get an employee discount. hmmmmm

Krug Ford
12-12-08, 01:14 PM
come see me I will honor supplier pricing..

louiefl99
12-12-08, 01:39 PM
I had thought that employee pricing (GMS) was approx. 3% below invoice and supplier pricing was approx. 1.5% above invoice.

When I bought my 08 CTS (GMU supplier pricing with a number from a currrent GM employee) that was the pricing scheme. They did not charge the traditional dealer fee or the advertising fee which brought the equivalent price below invoice if I paid those fees on top.

GMS Employee pricing is not one of those things that anyone off the street can get as it takes an authorization number. This is different for the Employee Pricing for Everyone plan they had recently.

CadV
12-12-08, 02:09 PM
To give you guys an idea on GMS pricing...

Car with all the options (except Ricaro, couldnt find that option) MSRP is 65,140. GMS is 57,860.

gmpricing.com is not listing the CTS-V yet so I got the numbers from gmautobuilder.com.

TheGeeman
12-12-08, 04:31 PM
We were able to buy using GMS and the $2000 rebate from Thompson Cadillac in Springfield MO. We have a retired GM family member

What a car:cloud9:

Blue Diamond
Automatic
Recaros

09_CTS_V
12-23-08, 07:55 AM
ck off the suede steering wheel and the recaro's are req'd then the price with optional paint is $69,835 and GMS is $61,616

without optional paint:
total msrp $68,840
GM employee price $60,820

:)

Heavychevy1
12-23-08, 11:37 AM
Doh, my grandma worked for Chrysler.

Maybe if they merger, then I can get the GMS.