: Any pics of Black/Black w Tints??

SRT8/BMW
12-11-08, 03:25 PM
If not I will post a few tomorrow---the new V getting tints as we speak...

looks Badass!!:worship::worship:

Ross Racing
12-11-08, 05:27 PM
Must see

readyact
12-11-08, 08:55 PM

Cool I have an appoint. for Saturday to get mine done as well. What % are you getting? I'm getting 35% as ALL tint in Ohio is illegal unless the rear windows are pre-tinted from the manufacture (e.g., SUV) or you have a medical exemption. Usually law officials don't hassle people over tinted windows, but sometimes the Ohio State Patrol does these sweeps.

SRT8/BMW
12-11-08, 09:06 PM
Cool I have an appoint. for Saturday to get mine done as well. What % are you getting? I'm getting 35% as ALL tint in Ohio is illegal unless the rear windows are pre-tinted from the manufacture (e.g., SUV) or you have a medical exemption. Usually law officials don't hassle people over tinted windows, but sometimes the Ohio State Patrol does these sweeps where.

got 20 all the way around (nothing in front)

will post pics--

readyact
12-12-08, 09:07 PM
I picked up the car today and the widows will be tinted in the AM.

Florian
12-12-08, 10:38 PM
ALL tint in Ohio is illegal unless the rear windows are pre-tinted from the manufacture (.

Not true. Ohio allows Rear windows as dark as you want but only up to 50% tint on fronts.
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/OH/

F

readyact
12-12-08, 11:04 PM
My bad I may be confused as I had my last ride tinted in New York. Anyway it's cool I'll gladly sign the waiver in the morning and have the windows tinted with the 35% film.

Razorecko
12-12-08, 11:07 PM
35% is always a safe bet. Even in states that dont allow any front side window tints like illinois. Anything past 20% is asking to get rolled

CSX
12-13-08, 11:24 AM
35% is always a safe bet. Even in states that dont allow any front side window tints like illinois. Anything past 20% is asking to get rolled

I've always had 5% all the way around on all my vehicles, and after 6 years, I finally got pulled over for the first time for it just a couple weeks ago. :(

1fstkde
12-13-08, 12:32 PM
i always went with 20% on all my cars since i was 16...thank god in california i got away with it..then i finally got pulled over in the ctsv a couple years ago so i changed to 35% and love it...still looks great and i finally can see people out of my side windows a night!!!

Razorecko
12-13-08, 12:35 PM
i always went with 20% on all my cars since i was 16...thank god in california i got away with it..then i finally got pulled over in the ctsv a couple years ago so i changed to 35% and love it...still looks great and i finally can see people out of my side windows a night!!!

Yea i hear ya' - its really strange how the difference is between 20% and 35% at night. At the 35% you can barely tell you have tints and at 20% i have to roll down the windows to park

OldDrummer55
12-13-08, 03:38 PM
pics?

CTSV_510
12-13-08, 03:45 PM

I picked up the car today and the widows will be tinted in the AM.

I keep looking here hoping for pics ... :rolleyes:

The Black Dahlia
12-13-08, 05:16 PM
I keep looking here hoping for pics ... :rolleyes:

Me too!! Lets see em!!!:yup:

readyact
12-13-08, 08:25 PM
As promised here are some pics of the tint I got today. Once again I'm in Ohio and I have 35% film on all of my rides as the law officals "usually" don't hound you over 35% tint.

readyact
12-13-08, 08:34 PM
Yea i hear ya' - its really strange how the difference is between 20% and 35% at night. At the 35% you can barely tell you have tints and at 20% i have to roll down the windows to park

Keep in mind that the factory installed windows already have a slight green tint to them. So 20% film on the windows will register in the teens and 35% is actually closer to 30%.

CTSV_510
12-13-08, 09:27 PM
damn that car is sexy!

readyact
12-13-08, 10:54 PM
damn that car is sexy!

Thanks and it drives even better than it looks!!!!!!!

Caddyscat
12-14-08, 12:03 AM
Dude - Lets see some hi-res pics in the delivered thread!

darjae
12-14-08, 12:26 AM
Tint on that Car looks phenomenal! I agree with Caddyscat that we need hi-res pics as well.

dvandentop
12-14-08, 12:30 AM
sweetness!

OldDrummer55
12-14-08, 02:11 AM
Beautiful car! :thumbsup:

atdeneve
12-14-08, 09:15 AM
Gahd, that cars dieing to be de-chromed (at least, the sides - window surrounds/fender vent) and lowered.

Black on black with Recaros. S'the way to go! :thumbsup:

MauiV
12-14-08, 12:37 PM
Wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b4z
12-14-08, 07:51 PM
Yeah, which one of you guys is going to start the partial dechroming?
i saw my first V2 today in Charleston, SC and about half of it needs to be changed to black.

CSX
12-14-08, 10:06 PM
Yeah, which one of you guys is going to start the partial dechroming?
i saw my first V2 today in Charleston, SC and about half of it needs to be changed to black.

As much as I despise chrome, I would think leaving some of those accents on the car would look better than blacking everything out. The trim around the windows definitely needs to go, as does the trim on the trunk...but I think the fender vent and the edges of the front grilles should stay (but the mesh part of the grille could definitely stand to be blacked out).

UnsafeAtAnySpd
12-15-08, 02:02 AM
Black chrome would look good.

readyact
12-15-08, 04:46 PM
Black chrome would look good.

I figure some aftermarket shop will come out with black chrome for the V2 along with a bunch of other accessories.

I went by a custom wheel shop today just to see them drool over the car and see if the had any custom wheels available for the beast. It appears a few of the custom wheels that fit the Vette will fit the V2. Other than that there are some very expensive forged three-piece wheels, which may fit. With the V2 having 5 lugs and the breaks not sticking out too far there should be a nice selection of custom wheels coming out once the wheel makers catch up.

SRT8/BMW
12-15-08, 08:56 PM
here are a couple quickies with the phone camera--this is 20 tint all the way around. By the way--I can't say I ever had a car get this much attention before. Not sure if thats such a good thing. Also--this may sound so cliche--but of all the cars I have had or known--this one looks sooo much better in person than in pics.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z253/mjsonego/ctsv.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z253/mjsonego/ctsv09.jpg

Qnsryck
12-15-08, 11:15 PM
That looks great. I agree, pictures don't do it justice. I find myself lusting after my own car. It's a blast.

chris1268
12-16-08, 09:53 AM
That looks great. I agree, pictures don't do it justice. I find myself lusting after my own car. It's a blast.

I agree as well, pics don't do it justice. I walk by mine in the garage every morning getting into the winter beater and am sad I only got to drive it a few times before the snow hit here.

readyact
12-17-08, 09:53 PM
Indeed the car looks even better in person. While out and about I hear comments such as ďThatís a nice looking Cadillac, Iíve never seen one like that beforeĒ or I hear ďItís that the new CTS-V?Ē The car is an eye catcher. Iíve even had people pull up next to me while Iím driving down the street and say how much they like the look of the car.