: lol omg

Pages : [1] 2

GNSCOTT
12-09-08, 12:02 PM
Is it me or do the wheels just not fill up the wheel wells enough? Wheels are probably the most important single feature on a car looks wise and the thing looks like a regular CTS from the side.

Short-Throw
12-09-08, 12:37 PM
Is it me or do the wheels just not fill up the wheel wells enough? Wheels are probably the most important single feature on a car looks wise and the thing looks like a regular CTS from the side.

You think a 19" rim with a rear tire size of 285/35 is small?

Despite this car's fantastic performance numbers, it is not a sports car, it's a sedan.

If somebody wanted a 'slammed' look, lowering the car to one's liking can easily be done. I'm not sure I would want to be replacing front fascias.

Mike

thebigjimsho
12-09-08, 02:39 PM
With the more sloping roof, there is a beefier profile. 19"s are not small by any means. You could lower it...

Razorecko
12-09-08, 03:22 PM
I wonder if lowering the vehicle would affect the magnetic dampening system. Also what the largest width rim/tire could be used on the rear w/out rolling the fender. In my opinion this bad boy needs a good 315 in the rear.

thebigjimsho
12-09-08, 03:41 PM
I wonder if lowering the vehicle would affect the magnetic dampening system. I would guess it likely would...

V-Love
12-09-08, 03:52 PM
I wonder if lowering the vehicle would affect the magnetic dampening system. Also what the largest width rim/tire could be used on the rear w/out rolling the fender. In my opinion this bad boy needs a good 315 in the rear.

.....and so it begins. I love the way it all starts with a simple "I wonder if..."

urbanski
12-09-08, 04:03 PM
:22s:

330toSRT8
12-09-08, 05:15 PM
You think a 19" rim with a rear tire size of 285/35 is small?

Despite this car's fantastic performance numbers, it is not a sports car, it's a sedan.

If somebody wanted a 'slammed' look, lowering the car to one's liking can easily be done. I'm not sure I would want to be replacing front fascias.

Mike
SRT8s are sedans and they've had 20" rims since 2005. I think the SRT8 wheels give the car a nice look, not necessarily a 'slammed' look.

Ketzer
12-09-08, 09:52 PM
I would guess it likely would...

x2
I'd bet its gonna be a real issue with the new suspension. Hope someone is working on something already (D3?). I mostly think the ass is a little high, thats it.

Jeff-

Razorecko
12-09-08, 10:38 PM
The best bet would be some forged 20's that were as light or lighter than stock. They'd also have to be a little bit wider w/more meat than it would offset the visual appearance of the lifted rear end

thebigjimsho
12-09-08, 11:00 PM
The best bet would be some forged 20's that were as light or lighter than stock. They'd also have to be a little bit wider w/more meat than it would offset the visual appearance of the lifted rear endNot from the side...

GMX322V S/C
12-10-08, 12:09 AM
...Also what the largest width rim/tire could be used on the rear w/out rolling the fender...IIRC, Dr. Design posted in another thread that a 295 would fit and anything wider would require flares/mini-tubs.

gotapex
12-10-08, 12:20 AM
We have reached the day when 19" wheels shod with 285mm tires on a mid-sized sedan is "small". :)

Northstar32v
12-10-08, 09:35 PM
How about we trade my 2000 STS for your CTS-V,I will throw in a free case of beer. DEAL ? LOL

Nutz
12-10-08, 10:20 PM
Try Towing a house + the concrete.

:histeric:

Or Heinz Field. :eek:

The noob (dysert) has schtick. Welcome. One heckuva 9th post...

Submariner409
12-10-08, 10:24 PM
Well, heck........if it's too quick you could always rip out the factory cold air intake and substitute an aftermarket underhood hot air intake (chrome, naturally, 35 hp at idle), replace the wheels with 24's for better handling, install slotted and drilled rotors for better stopping in a 12 mph traffic jam, hack off the mufflers and go to a set of low-restriction fart-cans, line the frame rails with blue neons, glue some vents to the upper front fenders, and install some 6-electrode plugs for at least another 40 hp.

Search the Internet for more ways to spend money like a drunk sailor in order to bail out the aftermarket hype vendors.

Nutz
12-10-08, 10:28 PM
Put an 04 diff in it. That will eventually slow it down for sure.:rimshot:

ewill3rd
12-10-08, 10:32 PM
Maybe someone needs to offer a low horsepower tune to slow the car down?
Perhaps there will be an aftermarket demand for de-tuning these cars.
We have 3 of them now and I am just itching to drive one!
Two autos and a manual, but as I said before I think the stick is sold.

Luna.
12-10-08, 11:11 PM
I never shift to 6th until at least ~42 mph or I will be below 1000 rpms. :hmm:

:whistle: tits

OH YEAH, and to the OP: :thepan:

556 hp is going to make some noise...

Completely agree with both points...

Very strange some people...

dkozloski
12-17-08, 11:28 AM
From time to time the purveyors of high end automobiles and high end audio equipment encounter customers that claim to hear sounds from their recent purchase that no one else can hear. For years this has been ascribed to either an overactive imagination or extremely sensitive hearing, also known in the audio industry as "rabbit ears".
The latest research has debunked this, however. It appears that the real reason is that the the afflicted party has an empty space in their head that is resonating at the frequency of the perceived sound. Thus, if the complaint is about a very high pitched sound, the cavity is very small. In the case of the very low pitched, low RPM, exhaust note complaint the size of the cavity must be truly enormous.

the cadillac kid
12-17-08, 08:59 PM
^^^ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/Rokketmania/Military/Laughing_RoflSmileyLJ.gif

FreddyG
12-26-08, 07:35 PM
I just thought that this was Very Cool looking! Andy Pilgrim must've run this car through the ringer! This was a production car too!

I've seen them glow like that on the C5R's and C6R's, but it looks Really Sweet on a Production Car, much less a Sedan!

skDCazS-cLU&feature=related

StangCrazy
12-26-08, 07:50 PM
Not a production car. Notice the red calipers and slotted rotors.

darjae
12-26-08, 07:54 PM
Not a production car. Notice the red calipers and slotted rotors.

They simply have the track brake option package. It's still a production car

Nutz
12-26-08, 11:25 PM
You were 3rd to thread. I was 2nd on 12/8. It's a good one though.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/156301-andy-pilgrim-drives-hot-09-v.html

chris1268
12-30-08, 04:30 PM
Has anyone used the anti-photo spray for your license plates yet? If so, any comments?

verbs
12-30-08, 04:34 PM
No, but I have purchased swampland.

jvp
12-30-08, 04:37 PM
Has anyone used the anti-photo spray for your license plates yet? If so, any comments?

You are kidding, right? You do realize that those sprays are about as phony as beach-front property in Arizona?

Mythbusters already went through this. Twice. The only way to fool photo RADAR is to... use a different license plate. That's it. Nothing else works. Any claims to the contrary are marketing BS.

jas

CVP33
12-30-08, 10:27 PM
Just in!

1 - GTO
3 - CTS-V's
1 - 300 Dub edition
1 - Dale Earnhardt Jr. Monte Carlo

1 - Giant FKN cat

theformer
12-30-08, 11:51 PM
Or use a rocket powered car. I think they went 300+ in that rocket powered job and were able to avoid getting the traffic camera to trip. Beyond that, yeah, you are screwed.

Heavychevy1
12-31-08, 12:01 AM
At least you have pics.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Florian
12-31-08, 12:17 AM
home run! WTG, Chris...

F

Short-Throw
12-31-08, 12:25 AM
You didn't post the options associated with each V. :histeric:

GMX322V S/C
12-31-08, 12:41 AM
Ooh, can I get Supplier pricing on one of the VR's? :D

LV_V
12-31-08, 01:06 AM
Holy crap thats a crazy looking cat LOL

Koooop
12-31-08, 01:27 AM
Looks like all that Detroit Iron got you some Pusssy!

EricVonHa
12-31-08, 01:39 AM
Lmmfao !

thebigjimsho
12-31-08, 02:01 AM
S2H Pwnd.

urbanski
12-31-08, 06:55 AM
ok were done, myth busted

Radguy
12-31-08, 09:35 AM
Looks like all that Detroit Iron got you some Pusssy!

Not just any Pusssy!

GIANT FKN Pusssy!!!

caddiedrummer
12-31-08, 09:40 AM
I will take one of each. Hey, you are from Chesapeake--you should have one of my friend Ricky Rudd's cars on the lot also

Kadonny
12-31-08, 09:57 AM
Winnar!

Krug Ford
12-31-08, 09:59 AM
pictures are up

http://www.superiorcadillacgmc.com/specialtyvehicles.asp

Sorry for the delay

Swedie
01-07-09, 09:55 AM
What's for the CTS-V is that it's cheaper and possibly more fun it being a RWD. The RS6 is faster, heavier, AWD and possibly safer buy since Audi isn't in the type of crisis GM is. Although that is not the ultimate decider.

On the RS6 I'm getting a really good price, such good price I can probably own it for a year and sell it and go break even. It's a little "special" deal that I've accomplished between me and Audi Sweden (the main corp.).

Anyway, what ya all think of the new 09 RS6 Sedan? I've atleast sat in one at Audi Forum in Stockholm where they show off all the latest modells. This one was in white and blacked out with titanic look on the 20" rims. Got some pics for ya.

It's a simply stunning car in person. It's huge. Pictures just don't make this car justice, just like the CTS-V.

P-Funk
01-07-09, 10:05 AM
The RS6 is faster...

:umno:

It is a nice looking car though.

darjae
01-07-09, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=Swedie;1727979]What's for the CTS-V is that it's cheaper and possibly more fun it being a RWD. The RS6 is faster, heavier, AWD and possibly safer buy since Audi isn't in the type of crisis GM is. Although that is not the ultimate decider./QUOTE]

I'm not sure where you get that the RS6 is faster than the V2. I can't find any place on the web that shows the RS6 is faster at 0-60, quarter-mile or top speeds. Here's a few of the posts I did find that show that it is not as fast as a V2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS6

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/autoshows/frankfurt/2007/2009audirs6.html

http://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2009-rs6/

http://jalopnik.com/400234/2009-audi-rs6-sedan-revealed-twin+turbocharged-four+door-power

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/car_shopping/latest_news_reviews/2009_audi_a6_sedan_a6_avant_s6_sedan_rs6_sedan_car _news

Some of these posts are quite old, but if you have links to newer ones that show better times, please post them.

CIWS
01-07-09, 10:30 AM
Swedie are you in Sweden currently ?

Vrocks
01-07-09, 10:31 AM
It's a cool car and it definitely has a launch advantage with AWD but I think it gets owned on a track (based on what I've heard / read).

Swedie
01-07-09, 10:40 AM
What the hell, i don't mean to write "faster". And now I can't edit my first post!! Sorry. I don't care really if the CTS-V is faster either. They are both FAST ENOUGH :D OK?

And it surely is not a track car either. But I have an A5 3.0TDI tuned to 300hk and it has the same type of AWD and I can push the car pretty good. Stompt it and I power slide out of turns. (max speed around 60 for that though!!).

I meant more to get opinions on the look and quality of the car. I think Audi is ahead still. The interior is just spot on. Although I can't say I dislike the CTS-V either. The new interiors cadillac shows us through the CTS-V is a huge step up on quality and looks.

Swedie
01-07-09, 10:41 AM
Swedie are you in Sweden currently ?
yah... in Sweden. Why? Want me to send over a blond and light footed swedish chick your way? Can't give you my own though... :D

CIWS
01-07-09, 10:47 AM
yah... in Sweden. Why? Want me to send over a blond and light footed swedish chick your way? Can't give you my own though... :D

The reason I ask is because one's geographical location can be a major influence on such a purchasing decision. If I lived over there and could get "a hell of a deal" on the new RS6 sedan, I might give it serious consideration. The vehicle certainly doesn't suck, and the possibility GM could go under and my access to repairs and parts on a newly designed American imported car would have to weigh in on the decision.

Pricing wise approximately how much can you get the RS6 for vs the cost of the imported 09 CTS-V ?

Kadonny
01-07-09, 10:48 AM
I meant more to get opinions on the look and quality of the car. I think Audi is ahead still. The interior is just spot on.

Disagree. I think the V interior is better looking than the RS6. I love the sloping continuous center console of the V and believe it or not I like the pop up nav. The Audi interior has always been great, but others have caught up now.

Florian
01-07-09, 10:51 AM
wait till you get your first oil change bill (vs the V). Ive owned Audi's and the maint. is the biggest ass-ache ever. The motor is so shoehorned in the bay that you have to get it on a lift to get at anything.

BTW, the V will absolutely punish the R in any category (except maybe 60ft times)

F

Jpjr
01-07-09, 11:08 AM
wait till you get your first oil change bill (vs the V). Ive owned Audi's and the maint. is the biggest ass-ache ever. The motor is so shoehorned in the bay that you have to get it on a lift to get at anything.

BTW, the V will absolutely punish the R in any category (except maybe 60ft times)

F

I was about to write basically the same thing. Everyone I work with that owns an Audi (except for the A4, which probably accounts for 90% of Audi sales) is constantly complaining about thier dealer and service. You can look online and read review after review about how people love the car but hate the ownership experience (sound familliar, GM?).

And the V2 owns the RS6 in just about every performance category, although I acknowledge that it gets around the track faster through brute force rather than finesse.

JEM
01-07-09, 12:33 PM

I've always said that Audi never uses one part when three will do the job, even before I bought our '02 S6 Avant.

The biggest knock on Audi S and RS cars - my S6 does nothing to dispel this - is wooden suspension tuning. Audi just doesn't know when to stop when it comes to spring rate.

The decent-road ride of our S6 isn't bad, but when you get on a secondary highway with a little broken pavement, the ride goes to hell and the rear end hops around like it's got a stick-axle.

I know German secondary roads (well, all roads, really) tend to be in better condition than most of the world (what Caltrans lays down as brand-new pavement the Germans would immediately post as 'strassenschaden' and start repaving) but Ingolstadt ain't all that far from Munich, and my M5 has no such problems, it stays pretty well composed no matter the road.

A survey of road tests seems to indicate that the present RS4 seems to do better, but the S5 and RS6 revert back to traditional Audi concrete-filled shocks.

Swedie
01-07-09, 12:43 PM
I'm aware that the RS6 of course won't be getting blessings in a CTS-V forum, but I can agree with you that the RS6 might just be spanked by the CTS-V. I'd love to have the same AWD in the RS6 as in the R8. Now that would be a killer of a car! If that would happen you can as with the CTS-V stomp it and the rear end would go out, still pushing forward and make a good lap time... rather than understeering like newer AWD systems from Audi does... all for the best safety of course, but hey.. lap times matter too :D

I'm awaiting my testdrive of the RS6 Avant. It's about 50kg heavier than the Sedan but I'm sure that won't be something noticable. Tests of the RS6 sedan show 4.1 sec 0-100 (0-62).

I think the sound of the RS6 is better than the CTS-V though. The CTS wines a lot from the supercharger while the RS6 rumble of the V10 with twin turbo is for me a better "noise" =]

Swedie
01-07-09, 12:44 PM
The reason I ask is because one's geographical location can be a major influence on such a purchasing decision. If I lived over there and could get "a hell of a deal" on the new RS6 sedan, I might give it serious consideration. The vehicle certainly doesn't suck, and the possibility GM could go under and my access to repairs and parts on a newly designed American imported car would have to weigh in on the decision.

Pricing wise approximately how much can you get the RS6 for vs the cost of the imported 09 CTS-V ?
Yepp, it's a very good deal I believe. I hope for something like 20% off.

JEM
01-07-09, 12:51 PM
I was about to write basically the same thing. Everyone I work with that owns an Audi (except for the A4, which probably accounts for 90% of Audi sales) is constantly complaining about thier dealer and service.

Oh yeah, there's that, too.

Ford...don't get me started. They spent ten years on my wife's "no effin' way ever again" list.

When we had our Q45 the dealers were not at all shy about spending Nissan's money; you sometimes wondered if they had a staff of wipers in the restrooms. Of course, the car was on its fourth transmission by the time we got rid of it...but the service experience kept Infiniti off my wife's no-go list.

The local BMW store is good, but they don't coddle you. Things get fixed, but (unless you buy a 7) you only get a loaner under specific conditions. Still, they're close, they've been fairly easy to deal with, and they've dealt with the unusual (an AC whistle in the M5 dash that required incremental remove-dash-parts-65mph-test-drives-lather-rinse-repeat) well.

My Audi service experiences feel a lot more like trying to deal with Ford. Lots of comebacks, lots of "could not find the problem", they fix one thing and screw something else up. I know there's decent independents out there, but right now Aud's on MY no-go list as far as anything new enough to be under warranty.

Swedie
01-07-09, 01:08 PM
That sounds like a local issue with Audi rather than something Global. I've had all out positive experience with Audi so far. But surely you and a certain sales person might just not get along that well. Then change. About pricing, I'm gonna ask what the service costs are for the RS6. I bet it's a lot.

My gut says stick with my A5 for now. But my penis says go for the RS6. lol sorry. I just love fast fast fast cars. I want a fast car with good quality and a car that's a good every day user that can also bring a bunch of people and maybe a little junior (in a year or so).

trukk
01-07-09, 01:15 PM
Can I ask the purpose of this thread?

The OP seems to have made up his mind, and is not really soliciting feedback.

This seems to be:

Hey I am getting a smoking deal on an RS6, and I think it's a better car than a V2

I'm just not seeing the purpose of this thread???

-Chris

thebigjimsho
01-07-09, 01:35 PM
Can I ask the purpose of this thread?

The OP seems to have made up his mind, and is not really soliciting feedback.

This seems to be:

I'm just not seeing the purpose of this thread???

-Christoysnob 2.0?

Swedie
01-07-09, 01:42 PM
Jeezus you guys are uptight. Logging off this site permanently. Good bye

Razorecko
01-07-09, 01:44 PM
Hey swedie will any of those come in a standard shifter ?? I do agree though that audi does make incredible interiors in its S-line. The problem I have always had is why do european car makers and japanese also have a problem with low end torque. Does it really take them a twin turbocharged v-10 to put out 41xlb of tq at a low rpm?? You give gm or dodge a twin turbo v-10 and you better have racing slicks on it because it'll put out like 800lb. Either way i could see that they are carefull not to break they're awd system with tq.

Heavychevy1
01-07-09, 01:47 PM
I like the new RS6, I think it looks awesome and wish there was an update on it coming to the states. Many people are looking at the sports car (2 door) hp wars, but this sedan war is getting good too, and as of right now Cadillac is running the show. Between the usual players, BMW and Mercedes, Cadillac, we now have Jaguar trying to get in the mix and combined with this Audi it could get really interesting.

Heavychevy1
01-07-09, 01:54 PM
Hey swedie will any of those come in a standard shifter ?? I do agree though that audi does make incredible interiors in its S-line. The problem I have always had is why do european car makers and japanese also have a problem with low end torque. Does it really take them a twin turbocharged v-10 to put out 41xlb of tq at a low rpm?? You give gm or dodge a twin turbo v-10 and you better have racing slicks on it because it'll put out like 800lb. Either way i could see that they are carefull not to break they're awd system with tq.

That's a two way street though, Euro cars are more focused on revs. You cant find any american made cars that rev to 8k plus RPM. And while they don't make a lot of torque, driving a car that rev's that high is nothing short of bliss.

High revs are addicting, so let me warn you if you try it, it makes a lot of difference in that you dont need all the torque. This also allows smoother power application on the track as well.

urbanski
01-07-09, 01:57 PM
Jeezus you guys are uptight. Logging off this site permanently. Good bye

k guess we're done.

forumsid987
01-09-09, 04:01 PM
can someone tell me why the heck the 2009 front end looks SOOO much like the old CTS-V front ends? UGH I am so annoyed. How difficult would it be to change the front end to that of the regular CTS? And about how much would that cost?

trukk
01-09-09, 04:34 PM
I think it's because V1 > *.

-Chris

P.S. I like the V2 Grill better than the regular '08+ CTS grille. '08+ CTS grille is way too big, and that proportions look off. No clue on cost to convert, but I bet you could find and '08+ owner that would swap with you if you really wanted to (assuming it was possible).

OldRoadDawg
01-09-09, 06:10 PM
How difficult would it be to change the front end to that of the regular CTS?

Now there is a concept I'm having trouble getting my brain wrapped around. Modding your Gen II V so that you can be a base CTS poseur. :alchi:
Then there is that big UGLYYY bulge on the hood you still have to deal with.

IRONDOG
01-09-09, 06:25 PM
I like the front end of the CTS-V2. Different strokes for different folks.

RapidRob
01-09-09, 07:08 PM
I like the front end of the CTS-V2. Different strokes for different folks.

X2 !

Rob

thebigjimsho
01-09-09, 09:18 PM
Hey, some people actually think Sarah Jessica Parker is attractive. So maybe this thread isn't that demented...

CadV
01-09-09, 09:28 PM
I think the front of the car is the best looking part.

jasaero
01-09-09, 10:09 PM
I like both, but to answer the question. Although, the standard CTS grill looks bigger the fact it narrows as you get to the lower section, while the V has a HUGE lower opening makes the standard CTS grill too SMALL to get enough air to help out the heat exchanger for the super charger intercooler system. I am sure you could get something look more LIKE the standard cts grill to work, but hard to say what it would cost or if it would look any better to you than stock. Standard CTS opening switch to wire mesh wasn't enough. The mesh isn't even wire any more. It's a formed plastic mesh with better airflow capabilities than actual wires.

It is possible if you redesigned the heat exchanger setup to be like three separate heat exchangers that you could get a look VERY close to standard CTS, but with EXTRA holes somewhere else with heat exchangers behind them you could get the same capability at a cost higher than what Caddy wanted to spend. One heat exchanger system will always be cheaper than a multiple exchanger system of the same capability.

Sure it would be quite spendy to come up with something though. If you could get something that satisfied you with a modded standard CTS bumper and standard heat exchangers you might pull something off without TOO much investment though. Would need a very capable fabricator to pull it all off for you though.

thebigjimsho
01-09-09, 10:22 PM
UGH I am so annoyed.qft...

TaVern
01-09-09, 10:34 PM
can someone tell me why the heck the 2009 front end looks SOOO much like the old CTS-V front ends? UGH I am so annoyed. How difficult would it be to change the front end to that of the regular CTS? And about how much would that cost?

I mean... Really?

Forum assclowns actually line up to make their "regular CTS" look like a V.

You're "different"...

CTSV_Rob
01-09-09, 10:40 PM
Bit rough on the Forum assclowns tav. :D

I like the front end on both the V1 and the V2 The only problem I have is the *shudder* plastic grille. The front end on the 08+ CTS looks nice but I cannot understand why anyone would want to change back to it if you have a 09 V.

I agree with Tav on the "different" part, makes me wonder how many people are going to do this...

CVP33
01-10-09, 12:04 AM
Hey, some people actually think Sarah Jessica Parker is attractive. So maybe this thread isn't that demented...

Really not a fair comparison as the front end and rear end of that model was ill-conceived. :yup:

RightTurn
01-10-09, 12:43 AM
Is this the assclown thread? I thought so. :food-snacking:

TaVern
01-10-09, 01:22 AM
Is this the assclown thread? I thought so. :food-snacking:

I'm in no way saying the OP possesses an "assclown" mentality. That should be clarified.

Rather, I'm intrigued at the thought of an '09 CTS-V admirer reverting to a "regular CTS" mindset.

It's a very strange thought amongst these parts...

AlBundy
01-10-09, 01:49 AM
Still both grills look great regardless of which car sports it.

TaVern
01-10-09, 02:37 AM
Well, I remember reading something here that the CTS-V grille is unique in that it is metal.

Most cars you see on the road have plastic grilles, while the V-Series all have metal grilles.

For whatever reason, I found this interesting. Almost like a V-Series "trademark".

In the '03-'07 CTS forums, you'll find countless threads of owners that desire that same look. And I've personally seen dozens of non-V badged CTS vehicles on the road with the V-mesh grille. It's a look that is desired.

wait4me
01-10-09, 12:16 PM
Ate all my money! Any tricks to get some more to loose???

1fstkde
01-10-09, 12:19 PM
make some back and dump on baltimore money line this weekend....:thumbsup:...p.s. they didnt build vegas on winners!!!

wait4me
01-10-09, 12:30 PM
I see a few people with 1mil and 50k ect on their casino cash. All that from the starting 50 bucks??? lol i got up to 400 i think then it was all downhill after that...

whisler151
01-10-09, 12:50 PM
Ohhh...I thought you meant you lost money in Vegas. I figured you were in Vegas for Barret Jackson and saw the posts of your Green car with MGM in the background.

Casino Cash is a bitch. I lost mine a year ago and haven't played since. Saving it up for 10 minutes of black jack. :sneaky:

OldRoadDawg
01-10-09, 01:05 PM
Any tricks to get some more to loose???Obviously you have too much time on your hands.
Here's another $5500. Go crazy.

proexpert
01-10-09, 01:22 PM
When they call me an assclown they say it with awe. :D

I'm getting a V2 later this year, this is Ms. Cathy's 08.

http://www.cadquest.com/pictures/cts/all-front.jpg

wait4me
01-10-09, 01:25 PM
LOL WOW thanks oldroaddawg. Shouldnt take long to win a million now.. jk...

If you ever need anything tuned, yours is free. ;)

OldRoadDawg
01-10-09, 01:37 PM
LOL WOW thanks oldroaddawg. Shouldnt take long to win a million now.. jk...

If you ever need anything tuned, yours is free. ;)
When I roll the V out of the garage in the spring I may take you up on that ... the tune - not the free part :highfive:

the Casino frustrates me too much

StangCrazy
01-10-09, 02:53 PM
When I try to play some of the games in the casino, it says I don't have access to this page......what gives?

Nutz
01-10-09, 03:06 PM

Here's 10K. Enjoy. Now hurry up and spend it so you can get back to leaning on that V. :rant2:

:lildevil:

forumsid987
01-10-09, 04:20 PM
it just reminds me so much of the old cts. Dont get me wrong on the older V's i thought it looked AMAZING compared to the regular 07 & prior CTS. It was basically an update of that grille.

Here it doesn't seem like an update of the 08 grille, it seems like an update of the V1 grille - where I'd like to see it as an update of the 08 grille. The new cts-v is simply amazing. If it just had a front end that I don't think would cost me thousands to replace because I wouldn't be happy with it...I'd be all over it. It really sucks :( Have you guys seen the front end off the cts from SEMA? now that's a nice front end for the V.

I feel like the V2 front end is so damn rigid, i hate to say it but it almost looks like some teenager put a body kit on it. I really hope the 2010 makes the change, I found some people using google that had the same comments I did about the new front end so I must not be the ONLY assclown :)

I wouldn't say this should be the V2's front end...but this guy definitely is making a step in the right direction:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-forum-2008-beyond/44968d1222221599-post-pics-your-new-08-09s-cts2.jpg

or these:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x237/MysticianAllen/Signature%20Series%20CTS/Avatar2.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x237/MysticianAllen/Signature%20Series%20CTS/car1025.jpg

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=246&pictureid=1318

c4ss
01-10-09, 05:00 PM
I for one am glad that they didn't "slightly update" the 08 CTS grill to make the V2 grill. The V is a totally different car then a CTS and deserves more body differences IMO. One of the few things I wasn't crazy about on my V1 is the fact that other then the badging and the front end, there's not so many cosmetic differences from the outside (not counting minor differences like lug pattern and rear bumper). The V2 has the hood, front end, back end as well as slightly more flared wheelwells and badging...you KNOW from a ways away that its not a regular CTS. I'm just saying that I like the fact that the front is considerably different. Gives the car more character. Changing the front end to a CTS front end would be pretty damn counterproductive in my opinion :cookoo:

CTSV_Rob
01-10-09, 05:07 PM
Well, I remember reading something here that the CTS-V grille is unique in that it is metal.

Most cars you see on the road have plastic grilles, while the V-Series all have metal grilles.

For whatever reason, I found this interesting. Almost like a V-Series "trademark".

In the '03-'07 CTS forums, you'll find countless threads of owners that desire that same look. And I've personally seen dozens of non-V badged CTS vehicles on the road with the V-mesh grille. It's a look that is desired.
V1 = Metal Grille
V2 = Plastic Grille

Stangar
01-10-09, 05:27 PM

It wouldn't be too difficult. That modification would cost about $2957.

qictrk
01-10-09, 05:34 PM
Don't go down that path. My family was related to a casino owner in N. Tahoe, Ca., who passed away some years ago. His advice, don't bet what you can't afford to loose. Its their business to take your money and they usually do. If you win one time, chances are, you'll be back and they'll take it back next time. Cecil...........

CTSV_Rob
01-10-09, 05:47 PM
When I try to play some of the games in the casino, it says I don't have access to this page......what gives?
I think you need to be a supporting member.

CTSV_Rob
01-10-09, 05:47 PM
I see a few people with 1mil and 50k ect on their casino cash. All that from the starting 50 bucks??? lol i got up to 400 i think then it was all downhill after that...
Right place, right time.

thebigjimsho
01-10-09, 05:59 PM
it just reminds me so much of the old cts. Dont get me wrong on the older V's i thought it looked AMAZING compared to the regular 07 & prior CTS. It was basically an update of that grille.

Here it doesn't seem like an update of the 08 grille, it seems like an update of the V1 grille - where I'd like to see it as an update of the 08 grille. The new cts-v is simply amazing. If it just had a front end that I don't think would cost me thousands to replace because I wouldn't be happy with it...I'd be all over it. It really sucks :( Have you guys seen the front end off the cts from SEMA? now that's a nice front end for the V.

I feel like the V2 front end is so damn rigid, i hate to say it but it almost looks like some teenager put a body kit on it. I really hope the 2010 makes the change, I found some people using google that had the same comments I did about the new front end so I must not be the ONLY assclown :)

I wouldn't say this should be the V2's front end...but this guy definitely is making a step in the right direction:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-forum-2008-beyond/44968d1222221599-post-pics-your-new-08-09s-cts2.jpg

or these:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x237/MysticianAllen/Signature%20Series%20CTS/Avatar2.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x237/MysticianAllen/Signature%20Series%20CTS/car1025.jpg

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=246&pictureid=1318

It wouldn't be too difficult. That modification would cost about $2957.And since the hood of the V2 has outer creases that start on the front clip, you'll have to replace the hood and it can't be with a CTS hood so you'll have to go with an aftermarket powerdome.

Have fun...

Nutz
01-10-09, 08:11 PM
Don't go down that path. My family was related to a casino owner in N. Tahoe, Ca., who passed away some years ago. His advice, don't bet what you can't afford to loose. Its their business to take your money and they usually do. If you win one time, chances are, you'll be back and they'll take it back next time. Cecil...........
Does that mean I can have your Casino cash? :eyebrow:

concorso
01-10-09, 10:26 PM
I mean... Really?

Forum assclowns actually line up to make their "regular CTS" look like a V.

You're "different"... Whats wrong with putting the V front end on a CTS? Do you forget what the V is based on? As long as the front end isnt identical and they dont use V badges, whats the problem?

trukk
01-10-09, 10:58 PM
Whats wrong with putting the V front end on a CTS? Do you forget what the V is based on? As long as the front end isnt identical and they dont use V badges, whats the problem?

No issues with that here. I've always actually prefered the CTS Sport grille over the V grille, but I'm not really into doing cosmetic mods, so I'll stick with my V grille.

Then again, I de-badged my V because I don't like the attention.

-Chirs

RapidRob
01-10-09, 11:07 PM
V1 = Metal Grille
V2 = Plastic Grille

Rob,

During my long wait for my ordered V2, I've read, and re-read the brochure on CTS-V's that the dealer so kindly gave me as I left the dealer to begin my long wait, and it says that the V2 edition has, in fact, stainless steel grills.

Maybe one of the owners of a V2 on this forum could verify that fact if it's true ... :thumbsup:

Rob

darjae
01-10-09, 11:16 PM
Rob,

During my long wait for my ordered V2, I've read, and re-read the brochure on CTS-V's that the dealer so kindly gave me as I left the dealer to begin my long wait, and it says that the V2 edition has, in fact, stainless steel grills.

Maybe one of the owners of a V2 on this forum could verify that fact if it's true ... :thumbsup:

Rob

This is true. I have the car, they are cast stainless steel, not plastic. It's not a mesh like you've seen before, but a solid cast design. To add my two cents worth, I think the V2 grill is a marked improvement over the look of the standard CTS. IMO, the plastic cross pieces on the standard CTS look cheap.

forumsid987
01-11-09, 01:02 AM
so just to be clear, you all think those pictures i posted were of a uglier front end than the v2 stock front end? I am really surprised

GMX322V S/C
01-11-09, 01:02 AM
This is true. I have the car, they are cast stainless steel, not plastic. It's not a mesh like you've seen before, but a solid cast design...That would be cool--and sure enough, the brochure does indeed say it's equipped with a stainless steel grille, but alas, it sounds like plastic when you tap on it, some flashing is visible, and...it's non-magnetic. Probably went the way of variable valve timing :p

darjae
01-11-09, 01:05 AM
so just to be clear, you all think those pictures i posted were of a uglier front end than the v2 stock front end? I am really surprised

Didn't say uglier, but functionality would dictate that they needed the added airflow of a more open design. The V2 grill allows much more air than the pics posted. but, to be clear, I think the V2 is brilliant! front-end included.

forumsid987
01-11-09, 01:13 AM
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080114.006/2009-cadillac-cts-v-debuts-at-naias

ahhh i found more followers in the comments lol

Vrocks
01-11-09, 01:16 AM
That would be cool--and sure enough, the brochure does indeed say it's equipped with a stainless steel grille, but alas, it sounds like plastic when you tap on it, some flashing is visible, and...it's non-magnetic. Probably went the way of variable valve timing :p

This is true. I have the car, they are cast stainless steel, not plastic. It's not a mesh like you've seen before, but a solid cast design. To add my two cents worth, I think the V2 grill is a marked improvement over the look of the standard CTS. IMO, the plastic cross pieces on the standard CTS look cheap.
Like GMX said, it's not steel, at least not on the V2s I looked at. I was told they went to plastic because it weighs less, is cheaper and looks like steel.

darjae
01-11-09, 01:16 AM
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080114.006/2009-cadillac-cts-v-debuts-at-naias

ahhh i found more followers in the comments lol

I didn't find any followers with anything significant to say. Did I miss something? Give me a link to the proper page.

forumsid987
01-11-09, 01:22 AM
I didn't find any followers with anything significant to say. Did I miss something? Give me a link to the proper page.

That's the page...likely you are trying to hang up on the word 'significant' because you think what they had to say wasn't. So i'll copy and paste it here:

much prefer the grille of the standard CTS, it being larger, shaped better and most pleasing in its details. Other than that it is a true beast - stunning looks, outrageous power (550hp, 550ln ft!! wow!!) and the best interior I've seen in a long time, definitely up their with the new Aston Martin DB's. Great job Caddy!

Reply | Report Abuse
by mab | January 14, 2008 7:01 PM
I agree...great looking sport sedan...I would also prefer an even bolder version of the standard grill

Report Abuse
by Benzian | January 14, 2008 8:38 PM
Same here, looks like they were afraid to go over the... edge, thus they softened it up a bit. And where are the interior pics? Manual tranny and (hopefully) limited slip differential? Bye bye M3 :)

New V is a winner, I think the grill would look better if it was only mesh on the top.

p.s. if you read those and really did write that to hang up over the word significant, you are truly a douche.

darjae
01-11-09, 01:23 AM
Like GMX said, it's not steel, at least not on the V2s I looked at. I was told they went to plastic because it weighs less, is cheaper and looks like steel.

I haven't tested the magnetic properties of my grill, but the plastic grills of my 2 neighbors CTSs flex at finger touch. The V2 does not flex like plastic. It's solid. I'll get some magnets tomorrow and begin testing. I'm not sure that in the design process of the V2 that the cost of the grill was the issue.

darjae
01-11-09, 01:29 AM
the perfect solution...with a solid front-end (no plastic at all) is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vw_181_v_sst.jpg. You don't have to worry about comfort, performance or anything else...... you just have to hope that it'll hold together.....

Vrocks
01-11-09, 01:36 AM
I haven't tested the magnetic properties of my grill, but the plastic grills of my 2 neighbors CTSs flex at finger touch. The V2 does not flex like plastic. It's solid. I'll get some magnets tomorrow and begin testing. I'm not sure that in the design process of the V2 that the cost of the grill was the issue.
I'm just saying that it's cheaper to make. I remember an article that said one main benefit is that it's lighter... It's definitely solid and it looks good so I don't even care about what it's made of.

To the original poster, have you seen the V2 in person? It's just my opinion but I think it looks better in person than in pictures - much better than the standard CTS front end.

darjae
01-11-09, 01:48 AM
That's the page...likely you are trying to hang up on the word 'significant' because you think what they had to say wasn't. So i'll copy and paste it here:

much prefer the grille of the standard CTS, it being larger, shaped better and most pleasing in its details. Other than that it is a true beast - stunning looks, outrageous power (550hp, 550ln ft!! wow!!) and the best interior I've seen in a long time, definitely up their with the new Aston Martin DB's. Great job Caddy!

Reply | Report Abuse
by mab | January 14, 2008 7:01 PM
I agree...great looking sport sedan...I would also prefer an even bolder version of the standard grill

Report Abuse
by Benzian | January 14, 2008 8:38 PM
Same here, looks like they were afraid to go over the... edge, thus they softened it up a bit. And where are the interior pics? Manual tranny and (hopefully) limited slip differential? Bye bye M3 :)

New V is a winner, I think the grill would look better if it was only mesh on the top.

p.s. if you read those and really did write that to hang up over the word significant, you are truly a douche.

If you thing that only the upper portion of a grille counts, than yes, the CTS has a larger grill. If you understand that the entire front-fascia of the car constitutes the grill, you will see that the V2 has a much larger area for air-flow.

The other quotes you posted had very little do do with it. Some anonymous person saying they "much prefer the grille of the standard CTS" and "prefer an even bolder version of the standard grill" don't really matter.... If you could actually determine then they were posted (January 2008), you could see that it was 11 months before a production model was actually made and anyone that commented in that thread touched (or actually saw) one.

And the other quotes you sent were preferences of people who have probably never seen the car in person.. I've seen the car....I've driven the car....I've owned the car..

If you want to call Douche....you are Summer's Eve... You are vinegar and water....

I'm really not interested in name calling. I'm trying to help people who are thinking about buying the best sedan ever made.

If you can send any links that happened in the last 11 months it would help....otherwise I have a few links from the Cadillac Allante that I could offer up as evidence........

TaVern
01-11-09, 01:50 AM
V1 = Metal Grille
V2 = Plastic Grille

No shit?!?

I'm looking at my photos from V-Day and I would have bet my salary they're metal grilles. They did a hell of a job making them look metal... Fooled me!

TaVern
01-11-09, 04:54 AM
http://gallery.me.com/yuhas/100295/DSCF0068/web.jpg

That's my Vanessa in the middle.

urbanski
01-11-09, 07:22 AM
vanessa looks scared

CIWS
01-11-09, 09:16 AM
I likes me some Gillz on the regular CTS
............. vs that new CTS-V................
http://www.ciws.net/images/grill.jpg

Ketzer
01-11-09, 10:48 AM
Mines plastic.

darjae
01-11-09, 02:13 PM
Mines plastic.

I stand corrected. I was told that it was a cast stainless design and had not really scrutinized it fully. It does appear to be plastic.

I will, however, stand by my comments on the look/size of it completely. I like the grill, (but to the OP) - to each his own.

TaVern
01-11-09, 02:17 PM
vanessa looks scared

Careful.

Her alias is Carrie White.

Ketzer
01-11-09, 03:48 PM
I stand corrected. I was told that it was a cast stainless design and had not really scrutinized it fully. It does appear to be plastic.

I will, however, stand by my comments on the look/size of it completely. I like the grill, (but to the OP) - to each his own.

In all fairness, I didn't conduct any tests outside of eyeballing it and giving it the tap test. If it ain't plastic, it sure wants to be.

proexpert
01-11-09, 03:54 PM
The V2 has ... slightly more flared wheelwells ... you KNOW from a ways away that its not a regular CTS.

Can someone verify if this is true?

My wife has the '08 CTS (see below) but I have not seen a V2 in person to compare them. From all the photos I have seen, the 08 CTS and the 09 V2 look to have the same front fenders and rear quarter panels.

http://www.cadquest.com/pictures/cts/all-front.jpg

GMX322V S/C
01-11-09, 04:22 PM
^ I haven't seen them side-by-side in the tin yet, but I agree with you on the photos of each I've seen. The media kit just mentions changes to the grill openings, hood, and front and rear fascias; also the published widths and tracks for both cars are exactly the same. If the tracks are the same, all the extra tire width has got to be towards the centerline of the car, no?

CTSV_510
01-11-09, 05:26 PM
I didn't like the front end at first, but now I think it looks awesome.

The Tony Show
01-14-09, 06:40 PM
Really not a fair comparison as the front end and rear end of that model was ill-conceived. :yup:

Which has the uglier beak?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=109&pictureid=1932

You decide.

trukk
01-15-09, 10:21 AM

You decide.

Dude you can't post heinous sh!t like that in here. I'm blind in both eyes now.

-Chris

Horseface and eggcrate.

Razorecko
01-15-09, 12:02 PM
she reminds me of the witch from wizard of oz

parexa
01-15-09, 12:31 PM
Why dont you post a pic of your wife? :shhh:

CVP33
01-15-09, 09:18 PM

You decide.

Even I laughed at this and I don't laugh anymore. :nono:

CIWS
01-15-09, 09:52 PM
she reminds me of the witch from wizard of oz

You know you're not the first person to make the same connection.

http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/1998/images/wicked_witch.jpg

cts-vegas
01-23-09, 01:40 AM
Black 09 CTS-V in the promo for The Beast on A&E with Patrick Swayze.

thebigjimsho
01-23-09, 03:15 AM
A lot of you guys with bad eyes. It's an STS-V...

urbanski
01-23-09, 05:59 AM
sts-v. threads already there.

John B
01-24-09, 12:05 PM
Of course due to the WEAK Forum rules :tisk::tisk::tisk: I can't post a link so you'll have to cut & paste:

ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/1035924-09-cts-v-dyno

and you'll have to add ".h-t-m-l (without hyphens) on the end without a space after the word "dyno" and of course do this after typing htt.....in front of ls1.....

urbanski
01-24-09, 02:36 PM
you agreed to our rules when you registered.

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-25-09, 05:15 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I absolutely hate the whole black and grey look of the interior of the 09 CTS-V. Black is fine, don't get me wrong, but it just seems as if the suade (especially on the steering wheel...what is that?) should be an aftermarket product... afterall, Cadillac is a luxury brand, and it seems as if the CTS-V would have the same luxurious feel as the regular CTS with the wood trim rather than this cheap, grey... suade :thumbdown:
I'm in the market for a CTS-V, but might have to change my decision if there's no way that the dealer can install the wood trim that the regular CTS has. The suade/black combo makes the interior look cheap... same factor that turned me away from the new Dodge Challenger :ack:

Anyone agree or am I just overreacting?

LITTLEELVISDAN
01-25-09, 09:34 AM
get another color interior. Try looking at the recarro's when u can

dqw1
01-25-09, 10:03 AM
Don't buy one.

Nutz
01-25-09, 10:30 AM
I'm not a huge fan of the only two interior colors also. I want cashmere (gold) which is available in the Cts but not the V. Not a huge fan of the football laces all over the dash too, but I understand it's GM's theme right now like in the ZR1. I'm sure once one's in the driveway I'll grow into it. But I really like the suEde inserts.

Dam security token

09_CTS_V
01-25-09, 10:58 AM
guys, go take a look at an audi or such, black suede is just that dk grey.
the light color interior is beautiful, take a look at that.
the stitching is there because it has leather on the dash.
it is a very upscale look inside for sure. to say it is GM is almost absurd. My buddy has an RS4 and even he said the interior is amazing!

concorso
01-25-09, 12:17 PM
I dont get how someone buying this style of vehicle can be turned off by an interior look. Why not just buy a loaded V6? How does a solid wood wheel feel more luxurious then soft suede?

z71burb
01-25-09, 12:28 PM
since when did gm start using real wood trim in their cars????

j/k - my wife has a benz gl550 with the wood trim and the steering wheel, and i hate the wheel. it just doesnt feel like you can get a good grip on it - i cant imagine having a wood steering wheel on a car that you are trying to drive spiritedly!!

cjoe
01-25-09, 12:48 PM
Trust me, when it's five degrees outside that suede pays dividends. It also goes well with the recaro seats. Plus, I've gotten nothing but rave reviews on the interior of the car. IMO it's a lot better than any Audi, Bmw or Mercedes that I've owned.

GMX322V S/C
01-25-09, 01:26 PM
Black is fine, don't get me wrong, but it just seems as if the suade (especially on the steering wheel...what is that?)This car is all about refined performance, and an Alcantara suede steering wheel fits right into this theme. You'll find them in a lot of other high performance applications. It's optional, so if you don't like it, don't order it. The stock leather wheel won't have wood either though (but you will after driving the car :D)

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 02:23 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I absolutely hate the whole black and grey look of the interior of the 09 CTS-V. Black is fine, don't get me wrong, but it just seems as if the suade (especially on the steering wheel...what is that?) should be an aftermarket product... afterall, Cadillac is a luxury brand, and it seems as if the CTS-V would have the same luxurious feel as the regular CTS with the wood trim rather than this cheap, grey... suade :thumbdown:
I'm in the market for a CTS-V, but might have to change my decision if there's no way that the dealer can install the wood trim that the regular CTS has. The suade/black combo makes the interior look cheap... same factor that turned me away from the new Dodge Challenger :ack:

Anyone agree or am I just overreacting?You want wood in a 556hp super sedan? No wonder you're freaking out about the alcantra wheel. Go buy a DTS...

The interior kicks ass and the alcantra gives it that extra performance edge...

ExtraV
01-25-09, 03:19 PM
I see no problem offering a wood steering wheel, or even better a carbon fiber wheel. No worse than having ventilated seats, navigation, heated seats, and a panoramic glass roof that adds a lot of weight to the car. I don't hear any complaints about those nice things.

Something like this would be nice. I wouldn't necessary pick wood, but I like the grip of wood steering wheels, which more is due to the coating.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-TechArt-Porsche-Carrera-GT-Carbon-Fiber-Steering-Wheel-1280x960.jpg

razl
01-25-09, 03:19 PM
Just my .02, but I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like the glossy-black "piano" lacquer of the center stack. I'd much rather see polished aluminum trim instead.

But I'm stuck in '06 world, so it's not like I'm a player :)

jvp
01-25-09, 03:22 PM
After being in a couple different Vs, I have only one real complaint of the interior and its colors: When I order a black interior, I want the interior to be: BLACK! I don't want the upper half of the interior (A-pillars, B-pillars, ceiling panel, et al) to be gray. They should be black.

Just my opinion. :-)

jas

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 03:37 PM
I see no problem offering a wood steering wheel, or even better a carbon fiber wheel. No worse than having ventilated seats, navigation, heated seats, and a panoramic glass roof that adds a lot of weight to the car. I don't hear any complaints about those nice things.

Something like this would be nice. I wouldn't necessary pick wood, but I like the grip of wood steering wheels, which more is due to the coating.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-TechArt-Porsche-Carrera-GT-Carbon-Fiber-Steering-Wheel-1280x960.jpg
Have fun trying to keep hold of that wheel going through the Corkscrew at Summit Point's Shenandoah circuit...

ExtraV
01-25-09, 04:10 PM
Have fun trying to keep hold of that wheel going through the Corkscrew at Summit Point's Shenandoah circuit...

I'm sure that is a big concern for the 00000.1% of CTS-V owners who will actually come close to a track.

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 04:58 PM
I'm sure that is a big concern for the 00000.1% of CTS-V owners who will actually come close to a track.It's closer to a track car than a pantywaste boulevard cruiser...

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-25-09, 05:04 PM
I dont plan on going to the track, but like I said, the color scheme is horrible. If I wanted an interior with a cheap looking color scheme I'd get a Dodge.

And furthermore, you spend more time on the inside of the car when it's in use. Maybe I'm different, but I care about what my interior looks like in a 67k car. ESPECIALLY in a Cadillac. Love the exterior though (especially the mesh grill).

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 05:09 PM
I dont plan on going to the track, but like I said, the color scheme is horrible. If I wanted an interior with a cheap looking color scheme I'd get a Dodge.

And furthermore, you spend more time on the inside of the car when it's in use. Maybe I'm different, but I care about what my interior looks like in a 67k car. ESPECIALLY in a Cadillac. Love the exterior though (especially the mesh grill).That's fine. I just think the interior looks exceptional and purpose built.

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-25-09, 05:09 PM
Matter of fact, I'd be okay with the regular CTS's interior with V logos here and there. The black/grey/suade (imo) only looks good with the black, grey, or silver exteriors.

Now if GM was going for the more safe feel with the suade, good idea in my opinion. I'd just rather have the option to have other interior choices with the matching suade.

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 05:19 PM
Now if GM was going for the more safe feel with the suade, good idea in my opinion. I'd just rather have the option to have other interior choices with the matching suade.Then do a black and cashmere interior with cashmere as the suede accents. It's SUEDE, BTW...

That color scheme with the piano black is what I want...

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-25-09, 05:27 PM
Or the same interiors as the regular CTS with suade accents and V logos.

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 05:30 PM
Or the same interiors as the regular CTS with suade accents and V logos.Are you just upping your poast count?

undertaker
01-25-09, 05:40 PM
I'm sure that is a big concern for the 00000.1% of CTS-V owners who will actually come close to a track.

um......mine will be going to the track when I get it. drag and road course...

been using vettes exclusively for the past 5 years, want to change it up a lil bit, and hell its a nice backup car.

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-25-09, 05:47 PM
No, I was replying to your comment with my "poast."

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 05:52 PM
No, I was replying to your comment with my "poast."Lemme up my poasts, then...

urbanski
01-25-09, 05:55 PM
yeah let us all

Dr Chill
01-25-09, 06:05 PM
Just make all the trim inside black lacquer and eliminate the faux carbon fiber. Offer real carbon fiber dash and door trim as an expensive option. Drop the price of the Recaros. Then I'd be very happy.

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 06:14 PM
yeah let us all:woot2:

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 06:15 PM
Just make all the trim inside black lacquer and eliminate the faux carbon fiber. Offer real carbon fiber dash and door trim as an expensive option. Drop the price of the Recaros. Then I'd be very happy.This is getting complicated...

GQGreek
01-25-09, 07:15 PM
The interior is second to none in my opinion...I am looking at an 09 M5 or the 09 V, and the BMW interior is dog crap next to the V. If you get all the toys(Recaros, Sunroof, NAV, and Suede steering and shifter) the interior is that of a $100K car. My only complaint is the faux grey Carbon Fiber. It should have been piano black just like the center console or real CF. But, I think GM has remedied the situation, because I heard they will offer Black Sapele Wood as an option in the upcoming months to replace the faux Carbon Fiber. That should look great.

NormV
01-25-09, 07:56 PM
No wood steering wheel! Hate to be picking wood splinters out of head, hands, and gut after a head-on collision!

When the 330i came out back in 03 my buddy picked one up. Had the Alcantra wear off the wheel under warranty and had it replaced. Then bought leather and sold the fake stuff!

You don't want black lacquer interior either. Unless you carry a can of Lemon Pledge and a feather duster like bigjim does! :)

Norm

Norm

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-25-09, 10:25 PM
The interior is second to none in my opinion...I am looking at an 09 M5 or the 09 V, and the BMW interior is dog crap next to the V. If you get all the toys(Recaros, Sunroof, NAV, and Suede steering and shifter) the interior is that of a $100K car. My only complaint is the faux grey Carbon Fiber. It should have been piano black just like the center console or real CF. But, I think GM has remedied the situation, because I heard they will offer Black Sapele Wood as an option in the upcoming months to replace the faux Carbon Fiber. That should look great.

No doubt that the BMW has the crappiest interior for the price on the market. The CTS-V's works because of the endless compliments on the CTS's interior, but I guess I'm one of the few that just isn't a fan of the dull looking grey and black.

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 10:56 PM
You don't want black lacquer interior either. Unless you carry a can of Lemon Pledge and a feather duster like bigjim does! :)

Norm

NormAmong other things, Norm Norm...

TaVern
01-25-09, 11:15 PM
Unless you carry a can of Lemon Pledge and a feather duster like bigjim does!

I've seen bigjim in his feather duster outfit, and he can be quite sexy.

GM-4-LIFE
01-25-09, 11:47 PM
After owning several Corvettes, I can say the CTS-V interior is far nicer and more luxurious.

How can anyone say that the interior of the CTS-V is not upscale or that the color schemes aren't up to par?

I don't understand how some can come on here and make asinine statements like that.

If anyone feels that the CTS-V is not adequate, they can go buy another car. If you don't like the CTS-V, DON'T BUY ONE!

Last time I checked my CTS-V, it has a carbon fiber looking cabin with a shiny black center stack along with the Cadillac cut and sew door panels and dash.

What is this dull crap I keep reading here?

SG

TaVern
01-25-09, 11:57 PM
Well said, aero.

Wood grain inserts belong in my Grandpa's Eldorado... Not my CTS-V.

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-26-09, 12:04 AM
After owning several Corvettes, I can say the CTS-V interior is far nicer and more luxurious.

How can anyone say that the interior of the CTS-V is not upscale or that the color schemes aren't up to par?

I don't understand how some can come on here and make asinine statements like that.

If anyone feels that the CTS-V is not adequate, they can go buy another car. If you don't like the CTS-V, DON'T BUY ONE!

Last time I checked my CTS-V, it has a carbon fiber looking cabin with a shiny black center stack along with the Cadillac cut and sew door panels and dash.

What is this dull crap I keep reading here?

SG

http://image.motortrend.com/f/8213969/112_0803_06z+2009_cadillac_CTS_V+interior.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but apart from the dash (which I feel is the color the whole cabin should be), I just feel that the suade/grey ruins an interior that could've been all black.
Sorry if you don't agree with me, but at least I feel that I'm entitled to my opinion.

TaVern
01-26-09, 12:12 AM
And your opinion you shall be entitled to.

The interior looks fast and sexy (much like myself). Very much performance-minded.

I guess the cabin could have matched the dash a bit more. However, I like how everything accents itself.

Your mileage may vary.

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-26-09, 12:20 AM
What would've been nice is if the pop-up nav screen was the same shiny black as the dash rather than that ugly grey color.
And not too concerned with the mileage, despite it being 12/18. If I were to be that concerned with mileage I wouldn't dare get anything with 556 hp :cool2:

Anyone who prefers mileage over performance is more than likely driving a Toyota or a Honda.

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 12:24 AM
I've seen bigjim in his feather duster outfit, and he can be quite sexy.Sal lent it to me...

darjae
01-26-09, 12:24 AM
What would've been nice is if the pop-up nav screen was the same shiny black as the dash rather than that ugly grey color.

Have you seen the interior in person? I don't have the alcantara wheel, but I don't think the interior looks grey in person.

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-26-09, 12:26 AM
Yes I've seen it in person. I was considerably more impressed with the exterior than the interior.

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 12:27 AM
Yes I've seen it in person. I was considerably more impressed with the exterior than the interior.
poast count +1

darjae
01-26-09, 12:28 AM

I think the interior (as well as the exterior) is brilliant. What competitor do you feel has a better interior? I've seen them all (just this past weekend), and they don't compare favorably for sure.

TaVern
01-26-09, 12:29 AM

Then you're being way too picky.

I think it's a nice blend. The grey accent's the black, and vice versa. In my honest opinion.

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-26-09, 12:31 AM
poast count +1

Count everyone else's "poasts" too. All I'm doing is replying to what they're asking.
Last time I checked, you were allowed to talk in a forum like this one, especially when it's regarding a product that Cadillac makes.

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-26-09, 12:33 AM
I don't feel that any competitor, performance-wise, has a better interior. I'd rather have a Cadillac interior than an interior coming from any other manufacturer. Can't say the same about color schemes though. As far as I know, grey is the only interior you can get on the CTS-V.

darjae
01-26-09, 12:38 AM
I don't feel that any competitor, performance-wise, has a better interior. Can't say the same about color schemes though. As far as I know, grey is the only interior you can get on the CTS-V.

Again, I don't agree that it's not "grey". It is not piano black like the console throughout, but I still don't see it as grey (and I went back outside to check it out again).

thebigjimsho
I don't feel that any competitor, performance-wise, has a better interior. I'd rather have a Cadillac interior than an interior coming from any other manufacturer. Can't say the same about color schemes though. As far as I know, grey is the only interior you can get on the CTS-V.A 2 tone black/cashmere interior is available with some exterior colors. Go to Cadillac.com...

thebigjimsho
Count everyone else's "poasts" too. All I'm doing is replying to what they're asking.
Last time I checked, you were allowed to talk in a forum like this one, especially when it's regarding a product that Cadillac makes.
poast count +2

TaVern
01-26-09, 12:41 AM

Dude, seriously chill.

We welcome this discussion you bring us.

I don't think I've come across someone who didn't appreciate the interior of the '09 CTS-V.

Enlighten me...

darjae
01-26-09, 12:41 AM
poast count +2

Go Jim - :stirpot:

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-26-09, 12:46 AM
Dude, seriously chill.

We welcome this discussion you bring us.

I don't think I've come across someone who didn't appreciate the interior of the '09 CTS-V.

Enlighten me...

I don't know, maybe it's just me. I was looking into other performance-oriented vehicles, and there were some where I loved the exterior design, but wasn't too much of a fan of the interior.

Are there any pictures anywhere of the CTS-V with the other color interiors with the suade inserts? Everywhere I look, I see the same black/grey interior.

darjae
01-26-09, 12:53 AM
I don't know, maybe it's just me. I was looking into other performance-oriented vehicles, and there were some where I loved the exterior design, but wasn't too much of a fan of the interior.

Are there any pictures anywhere of the CTS-V with the other color interiors with the suade inserts? Everywhere I look, I see the same black/grey interior.

I know there are some in this thread (near the end) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/155416-pics-delivered-09-vs-here.html

TaVern
01-26-09, 12:54 AM
Cadillac.com offers it's 2009 CTS-V interiors in the following options: ebony/ebony, ebony/cashmere, and light titanium/ebony.

http://prod3.gmautobuilder.com/BuildYourOwn/Cadillac.byo?year=2009&mmc=6DN69&modelname=CTS-V

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-26-09, 12:57 AM
Cadillac.com offers it's 2009 CTS-V interiors in the following options: ebony/ebony, ebony/cashmere, and light titanium/ebony.

http://prod3.gmautobuilder.com/BuildYourOwn/Cadillac.byo?year=2009&mmc=6DN69&modelname=CTS-V

Yep, just looked on there and saw it. :bouncy:
Just want to see some pictures of the other interiors with the suade inserts. Maybe I'm just too picky :hmm:

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-26-09, 01:05 AM
Just saw a few pictures from that thread... thankful that the color I wasn't a fan of wasn't the only one, which I thought it was. :histeric:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/46771d1231383193-pics-delivered-09-vs-here-p1030091.jpg

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/46770d1231383193-pics-delivered-09-vs-here-p1030086.jpg

Looks better without the suade IMO. Glad that it's available without it. :cool: Didn't know that before. :highfive:

darjae
01-26-09, 01:07 AM
Looks better without the suade IMO. Glad that it's available without it. :cool: Didn't know that before. :highfive:

The Suede (Alcantera) is a $300 option (and only if you get the Recaros currently), otherwise, it's leather wrapped.

TaVern
01-26-09, 01:11 AM
What more color combinations are you after?

Pink/Green maybe?

Go to a Cadillac Dealership and see one in person. See what options are available to you.

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 01:13 AM
Yep, just looked on there and saw it. :bouncy:
Just want to see some pictures of the other interiors with the suade inserts. Maybe I'm just too picky :hmm:Check out the V at cadillac.com There is a photo gallery of exterior colors and interior colors. You even get a virtual 360 degree tour...

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-26-09, 01:17 AM
Still haven't seen one in Crystal Red Tintcoat :hmm: curious as that what that would look like.

Anyone seen or have a pic?

TaVern
01-26-09, 01:23 AM
Still haven't seen one in Crystal Red Tintcoat :hmm: curious as that what that would look like.

Anyone seen or have a pic?

Okay, what dope are you smoking? Hook me up already...

TaVern
01-26-09, 01:39 AM
I'm going to name my first daughter "Crystal Red Tintcoat".

She'll end up being a stripper, no doubt.

forumsid987
01-26-09, 03:02 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/04/2008-d3-cadillac-cts-oc-angels.jpg

urbanski
01-26-09, 06:39 AM
cleaning up the trash

RightTurn
01-26-09, 08:44 AM
And we are eternally grateful. You get the "swade" seats of the day award. :coffee:

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 09:39 AM
It's spelled

S
U
E
D
E

DAMMIT!

(Not you, RT, you are my spelling queen)

RightTurn
01-26-09, 10:57 AM
:cloud9:

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 10:59 AM
:bouncy:

urbanski
01-26-09, 11:38 AM
lol @ tags
486rwhp, antiphoto, baseline, bumper, cadollacs, casino, ctsv, dang, dyno, end, exaust, front, ideas, interior, license, loud, mad, make, numbers456rwhp, plates, quick, quiet, rs6, sedan, shoulders, show, small, sooill, soopeerior, spray, stock, thing, tuned, uglyyyy, velvety, wheels

SWADE

urbanski
01-26-09, 11:38 AM
lol @ tags
486rwhp, antiphoto, baseline, bumper, cadollacs, casino, ctsv, dang, dyno, end, exaust, front, ideas, interior, license, loud, mad, make, numbers456rwhp, plates, quick, quiet, rs6, sedan, shoulders, show, small, sooill, soopeerior, spray, stock, thing, tuned, uglyyyy, velvety, wheels

SWADE

urbanski
01-26-09, 11:39 AM
dOUBLE POEASDT
SWADE

urbanski
01-26-09, 11:39 AM
dOUBLE POEASDT
SWADE

TaVern
01-26-09, 11:47 AM
Swade cadollacs FTW!

urbanski
01-26-09, 12:22 PM
swade

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 03:37 PM
Poast coundz!

The Tony Show
01-26-09, 03:42 PM
I once saw a Camero with swade seats and it looked rediculous. It was really fast to, because it had been tunned and had aftermarket breaks.

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 03:51 PM
I once saw a Camero with swade seats and it looked rediculous. It was really fast to, because it had been tunned and had aftermarket breaks.Common man, that's common...

trukk
01-26-09, 03:52 PM
I once saw a Camero with swade seats and it looked rediculous. It was really fast to, because it had been tunned and had aftermarket breaks.

simplay ridoculous.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 03:52 PM
Alot of Camaro's are liek that...

trukk
01-26-09, 03:53 PM

Simplay Redoculous.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 03:54 PM
Simplay Redoculous.

-ChrisWTH, truck??

trukk
01-26-09, 03:55 PM
WTH, truck??

...likwid lunche...

-Chirs

The Tony Show
01-26-09, 03:57 PM
This thread is in danger of breaking the internet- I just got this message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/cadillac/public_html/forums/includes/functions_autotagger.php on line 274

:lol:

The Tony Show
01-26-09, 03:59 PM
Double/triple post FTL. I told you guys- this thread poses a clear and present danger to the space/time continuum.

urbanski
01-26-09, 04:03 PM

i get that all the time. its particularly resistant to merges. i may need to abandon this one day.

urbanski
01-26-09, 04:04 PM
^^jujst got it poasting taht

P-Funk
01-26-09, 05:14 PM
i get that all the time. its particularly resistant to merges. i may need to abandon this one day.

:thehand: Don't ever scare us like that.

urbanski
01-26-09, 05:19 PM
well id try to copy it.
they'll be enough crap to repopulate it quickly anyhow.

urbanski
01-26-09, 05:19 PM
well id try to copy it.

urbanski
01-26-09, 05:23 PM
^^see?

TaVern
01-26-09, 05:34 PM
soopeerior swade.

RightTurn
01-26-09, 05:51 PM

I seen taht to. I defiantly seen it. It wuz faster then Robs V.

urbanski
01-26-09, 06:38 PM
new tags

gto_in_nc
01-26-09, 06:47 PM
new tags

Very nice... :thumbsup:

Cadollacs r much better then my old camero but that made my freind mad cuase he lieks my camero. "Soooill soopeerior" is waht he calls me now. I think hes jsut mad becuase my new swade makes his ugly girlfreind seam evan more uglyyy, its all velvety and all. She just to uglyy...

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 07:57 PM

I was getting that message all day...

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 07:58 PM
well id try to copy it.
what?

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 07:58 PM
well id try to copy it.
what?

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 07:59 PM
^^see?
huh?

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 08:00 PM
new tagsnot enuff

urbanski
01-26-09, 08:02 PM
Very nice... :thumbsup:

Cadollacs r much better then my old camero but that made my freind mad cuase he lieks my camero. "Soooill soopeerior" is waht he calls me now. I think hes jsut mad becuase my new swade makes his ugly girlfreind seam evan more uglyyy, its all velvety and all. She just to uglyy...

best 7th post ever

thebigjimsho
01-26-09, 08:03 PM
I seen taht to. I defiantly seen it. It wuz faster then Robs V.what isn't?

FreddyG
01-27-09, 01:46 PM
What the heck! Since everyone else is running up their post count, I might as well get in on the act too! :D

It sounds like I'm in the minority here, but to me, the Suede/Alcantera looks like it belongs in Huggy Bears pimp mobile! I understand the reason on the wheel for better grip and stuff and can see your point, but it still looks out of place to me! I will admit though, that I haven't seen it in person though and might think that it looks better then..........We'll see!

RightTurn
01-27-09, 04:26 PM
^^ Freddy hates swade. :alchi:

urbanski
01-27-09, 04:27 PM
^^sup

The Tony Show
01-27-09, 04:30 PM
Beaver defense penetration squad.

RightTurn
01-27-09, 04:32 PM
:suspense: "BDPS". Do you have badges?

RightTurn
01-27-09, 04:33 PM
^^sup

:lick:

The Tony Show
01-27-09, 04:43 PM
We don't need no steenking badges.

wait4me
01-27-09, 05:46 PM
Must change subject.. Fuzzy velvety too...

http://wait4meperformance.com/Cat ass.bmp

TaVern
01-27-09, 06:32 PM
reelacks. soopeerior swade. mad cadollacs.

thebigjimsho
01-28-09, 07:20 AM
Cadillac just can't get it right, huh? They go all out to make the best performance sedan on earth and then they get villified for making it the best performance sedan on earth because SWAYDE is too different.

It's different for a purpose BIATCHES! Deal with it or just order it without F*CKING SWAYDE!