: Any Dave Matthews Band Fans on The Board??

[NortHStaR]
12-11-08, 06:19 AM
Hey guys was just wondering if there was any dave matthews fans here, I myself am a HUGE dave fan and have seen him live many times, would love to hear some concert storys and fav songs!

Coma
12-11-08, 10:00 AM
His old stuff was great... new stuff? Not so great.

slk230mb
12-11-08, 11:17 AM
Big fan right here.

concorso
12-11-08, 11:27 AM
DMB use to be a great band. Their first 3 albums were great. But they havent made a good album in this decade, so they are not relevant anymore. Their live shows stills rock, but their new music has lost its funky jam band sound and now theyre just a little too generic for my tastes...

The only good way to see DMB anymore is a live acoustic show with him and Tim.

Spyder
12-11-08, 11:34 AM
"Cadillac Forums: Any Dave Matthews Band Fans on The Board??"

Nope.

slk230mb
12-11-08, 11:35 AM
DMB use to be a great band. Their first 3 albums were great. But they havent made a good album in this decade, so they are not relevant anymore. Their live shows stills rock, but their new music has lost its funky jam band sound and now theyre just a little too generic for my tastes...

The only good way to see DMB anymore is a live acoustic show with him and Tim.

While I partially agree with this, the new songs from the Summer of 2006 to present, have been much much better. The loss of LeRoi Moore will impact them a lot, and there might be a return to songs with lyrical content similar to that of Before These Crowded Streets. I saw them 8 times this year, and with Tim Reynolds, they kicked some major ass. Their biggest problem is that they tried to go mainstream with Glen Ballard producing Everyday, and it put them on a turn for the worse. The best way to enjoy DMB, is without a doubt, at a live concert.

thebigjimsho
12-11-08, 11:42 AM
;1706535']Hey guys was just wondering if there was any dave matthews fans here, I myself am a HUGE dave fan and have seen him live many times, would love to hear some concert storys and fav songs!I was going to DMB concerts when you were still in diapers...

urbanski
12-11-08, 11:52 AM
I was going to DMB concerts when you were still in diapers...

in b4 dkoz did somethign when u were in diapers

gary88
12-11-08, 01:40 PM
Dave Matthews drops poop on his fans.

Jesda
12-11-08, 01:56 PM
I'm among the few who enjoys the studio albums but hates the shows. First concert I ever slept at.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-11-08, 02:38 PM
I enjoy the grim, desolate sound provided by "Grave Digger" and the oddly perverse lyrics to "Crash Into Me".

Spyder
12-11-08, 06:09 PM
Am I the only one here that can't stand Dave Matthews, or his band?

[NortHStaR]
12-11-08, 10:49 PM
While I partially agree with this, the new songs from the Summer of 2006 to present, have been much much better. The loss of LeRoi Moore will impact them a lot, and there might be a return to songs with lyrical content similar to that of Before These Crowded Streets. I saw them 8 times this year, and with Tim Reynolds, they kicked some major ass. Their biggest problem is that they tried to go mainstream with Glen Ballard producing Everyday, and it put them on a turn for the worse. The best way to enjoy DMB, is without a doubt, at a live concert.

8 Shows?? very nice I only caught Phoenix and night 2 of Berkly, Danny Barns coming out during "corn bread" was pretty solid I thought, and Carter did an AMAZING solo on "2 step" in Phoenix

Have they made Jeff Coffin permanant yet??

C0RSA1R
12-11-08, 11:29 PM
DMB comes to SPAC (Saratoga Performing Arts Center) every summer here in NY. His shows are usually damn good. I'm not even that big a fan, but his concerts are impressive.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-12-08, 01:50 AM
Dave Matthews drops poop on his fans.

Haha!

I like some of his older songs, but that is it. One of my favorite songs to play in Marching Band was Ants Marching. I have a copy of a studio recording of the version we played laying around here somewhere, I just gotta find it. It was damn good sounding.

thebigjimsho
12-12-08, 02:01 AM
When I used to spend a few grand on my stereos for my SHO and Accord, DMB had some of the purest sounding recordings and always sounded amazing...

The Black Dahlia
12-12-08, 05:10 AM
Cause they... Cause they were all singing... singin Yay Eh hee yeah amanaya yeaha yeah eh eh amona drop the.. devil.. to his.. knees!!

Best Matthews song ever. Epic to say the least.

slk230mb
12-12-08, 09:49 AM
;1707310']8 Shows?? very nice I only caught Phoenix and night 2 of Berkly, Danny Barns coming out during "corn bread" was pretty solid I thought, and Carter did an AMAZING solo on "2 step" in Phoenix

Have they made Jeff Coffin permanant yet??

This was my first year without academic obligations, so I saw them twice in Hartford, CT, twice at SPAC, 3 times at The Gorge (my first time on the west coast for any reason) and at MSG for the stand up for a cure concert. I think I'm up to 17 shows, first being when I was 13 back in December 98.

I think Coffin is going to play with them when they tour, but I don't think they will "officially" make him a member, just like Butch Taylor was never an "official member"

DMB comes to SPAC (Saratoga Performing Arts Center) every summer here in NY. His shows are usually damn good. I'm not even that big a fan, but his concerts are impressive.

SPAC is gorgeous. The whole area around it is nice. I was impressed with those shows, and this year they only played #40 and Shotgun there :)

slk230mb
12-12-08, 09:50 AM
I'm among the few who enjoys the studio albums but hates the shows. First concert I ever slept at.

The fact that you hate the concerts is mind boggling to me. :bonkers: Most people enjoy the albums, but the live shows are where it's at.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-12-08, 10:19 AM
The fact that you hate the concerts is mind boggling to me. :bonkers: Most people enjoy the albums, but the live shows are where it's at.

Because 80% of the crowd is blazed out of their mind. :shhh:

Coma
12-12-08, 10:32 AM
Speaking of bands that have gone downhill... Has anyone heard Silverchair's new album, Young Modern? F****ng terrible! Their older stuff was so much better.

S70RMP
12-14-08, 05:17 AM
DMB fan from across the pond !

got all the live trax stuff and love it.

Not seen them yet but hoping for a UK 2009 show !

But Springsteen & The E Street Band are my all time fav's (69 shows at the moment!)

RightTurn
12-14-08, 11:25 PM
Am I the only one here that can't stand Dave Matthews, or his band?

No. :alchi:

Jesda
12-17-08, 01:46 PM

Its because they sit up there and screw around without giving a damn about the audience. I guess it makes sense since all the queer frat boys are stoned out of their minds.

When I pay money, I want a well-organized show. I want the performers to work hard and interact, to care if I'm being entertained. I don't want some high-end garage jam band screwing around with their instruments in the background while a bunch of brain-dead douchebags pass the joint.

So yeah, the studio albums are outstanding, even exquisite, but I will never see them live ever again. Worst concert I've been to, ever.

Speaking of live music, I want to go to New Orleans to see Better Than Ezra in a proper venue (House of Blues). Last time I saw them was in a college gymnasium -- only $15 but the acoustics were terrible. Still a great show though!

slk230mb
12-17-08, 10:55 PM
Its because they sit up there and screw around without giving a damn about the audience. I guess it makes sense since all the queer frat boys are stoned out of their minds.

When I pay money, I want a well-organized show. I want the performers to work hard and interact, to care if I'm being entertained. I don't want some high-end garage jam band screwing around with their instruments in the background while a bunch of brain-dead douchebags pass the joint.

So yeah, the studio albums are outstanding, even exquisite, but I will never see them live ever again. Worst concert I've been to, ever.

Speaking of live music, I want to go to New Orleans to see Better Than Ezra in a proper venue (House of Blues). Last time I saw them was in a college gymnasium -- only $15 but the acoustics were terrible. Still a great show though!

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I think you might have caught them on an off night.

[NortHStaR]
12-18-08, 01:48 PM
:yeah: Beacause I have been to many shows and Dave has alwaysed interacted with the crowd quite well.

Very energetic and good times music