: New Escalade owner

therick8678
12-10-08, 01:04 PM
Hello all. I am new to this forum and I am a new owner of a 2005 Cadillac Escalade. It's AWD, fully loaded(of course) with DVD and Nav. It has 50k miles and is Pearl White. I am sooo excited to get one. Are there any tips I should know about this vehicle?

ESCALADOR
12-10-08, 01:08 PM
Whats up therick, welcome to the forum. You will enjoy this place.

There are some tips and I will give you one.....change out the differential fluid.

Talk to ya!

Cirefly
12-10-08, 01:30 PM
Whats up therick, welcome to the forum. You will enjoy this place.

There are some tips and I will give you one.....change out the differential fluid.

Talk to ya!

I'll second that one. Do both front and rear and hell, do the transfer case too.

Rolex
12-10-08, 02:50 PM
What they mean is there seem to be a LOT of threads started by new owners like you, who have bought low mileage pre-owned Escalades that look like they're in tip top condition. Trouble is, not many owners seem to do regular maintenance (including fluid changes) on the differentials. One point of debate is whether the diffs in these big heavy trucks are too weak to handle the load. One thing not debated is whether or not these diffs will fail if you do not change the diff fluid out every 20-25k miles. If you tow heavy loads you may want to swap the fluid out more often.

They're attractive, comfortable, and powerful trucks. I'm sure yours will serve you well.

sillyboi
12-13-08, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the forum, what the other members saying are right, first month after I got my 05 escalade awd was take it and change out all fluids.

therick8678
12-21-08, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the information! I verified with the person that I bought the vehicle from that the differential fluid was changed out in the front and rear and verified it on the service records. I do have another question: Do any of you have any old Nav disc that you would be willing to part with? My original disk that came with my truck is scratched so badly that it cannot be read.

I am trying to avoid paying $100 to $200 dollars for another one.

Thanks for any of your help!

therick8678
12-21-08, 08:18 PM
I actually just took my factory Nav disc to CD Warehouse and they resurfaced the disk for free. I popped it back into my Escalade and it worked like a charm. I am going to make a back-up just in case. I will eventually order the updated disk.

Does anyone know how to get video to display on the 05 touchscreen nav units?