: opinion please from those who got theirs or those who ordered

SRT8/BMW
12-10-08, 06:01 AM
First off--this is not a rant or complaint--just a real concern I have and would like to hear other opinions/experiences, so I can proceed.

Readers Digest Version: Put a deposit down at local dealer (same place I got my sts-v from and had great salesman/experience-but he has since retired from the dealership) in January of 08 for the 09 V. Was told I was second with this dealer.

Ordered car in September when they started taking orders (Black on Black-loaded w Recaros).

Found out from this forum the cars started production on 10/21 (my dealer didn't know that)

Dealer called following week and said my car was produced. They estimated I would have it around or soon after Halloween.

I call them every week since--its just been the same answer though. "you should have it by thanksgiving--its in a holding lot waiting for inspection" same thing last week--"could be any day now--we are hoping for next week".

Monday--just for the heck of it-I looked at their website--and lo and behold they had a loaded Black on Black V in their inventory, so I called.

"we were going to call you--we now have the invoice so it could be anytime now. We are hopeful for next week, but think almost for sure by Christmas." When I asked about the one in inventory-which has a stock number and a VIN- they said they didin't know if it was mine but re-stated, it could be anytime now and we are hoping for next week.

I have been through this with a new-limited production first run car before (STS-V, SRT8) and never experienced this. Shouldn't they be able to tell me where the vehicle is and when I will be able to take delivery? Im I over reacting and should just chill for another two months, or is there something "fishy" in this story and maybe I should start looking elsewhere for a V? Thoughts...??

odla
12-10-08, 07:04 AM
ask for your deposit back and go somewhere else. they should be able to tell you where your car is at.

tedcmiller
12-10-08, 07:54 PM
I have not paid a deposit on my 2009 CTS-V. Back when talk of the 2009 CTS-V started, I was told by the now departed sales manager that I would get the first 2009 CTS-V the dealer received. I was told on Dec. 6th that the dealer would receive two 2009 CTS-Vs on Dec. 20th. One of the two CTS-Vs is what I asked for. We shall see.

In case you are wondering about the "no deposit" issue, I need to say that I have done business with this dealer for many years and they don't require or expect a deposit from me.

tmwfla
12-11-08, 12:44 AM
I'd say show up at the dealership, if the one showing on their inventory is actually on their lot, and it has the options you want, tell them you want that one...today. If they decline, they obviously don't want to sell a car, and they may be trying to hold out for one of the "buyers" who buy on impulse and pays a "market-adjusted" price. If THAT'S the case, ask for your deposit back and go buy one from another dealership. There are new Vs on lots now that aren't sold.

SRT8/BMW
12-11-08, 05:47 AM
I did show up at the dealership yesterday. And guess what was being delivered at that excact time??? yeah.. I will be taking delivery today!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:yup::yup::yup::lildevil::lildevil::li ldevil::lildevil::lildevil:

Kadonny
12-11-08, 08:24 AM
Very cool! Are you financing it? I think you were leasing your STS-V...correct? My local dealer says there are not even any leasing deals going on at all.

SRT8/BMW
12-11-08, 08:55 AM
Very cool! Are you financing it? I think you were leasing your STS-V...correct? My local dealer says there are not even any leasing deals going on at all.

yes--the sts-v was a lease--this is a purchase, partially financed.

chris1268
12-11-08, 10:31 AM
I did show up at the dealership yesterday. And guess what was being delivered at that excact time??? yeah.. I will be taking delivery today!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:yup::yup::yup::lildevil::lildevil::li ldevil::lildevil::lildevil:

Congrats on finally getting yours. I am still waiting for a car that was supposed to be delivered the last week of November. At least the cars are starting to be delivered now so I sure hope that is a sign that mine will show up this year at least. Have fun with it today.