: A local dealer here has received a Black Raven 6-speed Manual

Nutz
12-09-08, 08:49 PM
Unspoken for, and available for purchase.
This is the first I've heard of a 6-speed manual car being delivered. Any members here with a manual 6-speed?
Is so, I have questions.

Cub Cadet
12-09-08, 08:58 PM
We must have both seen this car at the same time! I am going to see if I can drive it on Saturday... maybe even buy. This car had more options than I wanted, but if the deal is right, I would do it. Any idea if that dealer is any good?

Nutz
12-09-08, 09:19 PM
We must have both seen this car at the same time! I am going to see if I can drive it on Saturday... maybe even buy. This car had more options than I wanted, but if the deal is right, I would do it. Any idea if that dealer is any good?

I haven't seen it yet. A close friend of mine is a service write-up there (Towell Cadillac/Saab). For what it's worth I've seen ALOT of V series come and stay. I'm not sure of the reputation, but from what little I've seen it would be my first choice for a dealer repair facility (and it's the farthest from me of the 3 in northern Ohio). I'll be down there Thursday early evening to drag an eyeball across it.

It was fun last time there to have the tech's mesmerized by my steel diff. They really cared.:thumbsup:

Razorecko
12-09-08, 09:36 PM
wow didnt know that the manual came out yet. Whomever gets it needs to write up a big review..especially about that no lift shift.

CIWS
12-09-08, 09:43 PM
Local dealership here has had a manual waiting on the customer to return from out of town since last Sat.

ewill3rd
12-10-08, 06:32 AM
We got a black on black with Recaros in yesterday but it is a sold unit.
We have a white one with an auto trans that came in too, not sure if it is sold but people are already lining up to look at it.
They are both beautiful.
I am itching to take it for a drive but I'll probably have to wait until they come back for service.
I am pretty busy and I don't want to mess with it until the future owner has a chance to drive it.
I know the PDI guy has to drive it, he said it scared him!

Stangar
12-12-08, 03:21 PM
I know the PDI guy has to drive it, he said it scared him!

The PDI guy should not be abusing the customers new cars.

This makes me want to be standing there when it comes off the truck and never leave the dealership until I own it.

Razorecko
12-12-08, 03:39 PM
^ agreed. I would stipulate that the vehicle would have to have under 5 miles in order for me even to sit down and negotiate.

ewill3rd
12-12-08, 08:41 PM
If you knew this guy, you'd know abuse is not in his vocabulary.
It has been wet around here lately and I think he was concerned that it was a beast, not that he was thrashing it and he almost lost it.

Sometimes the car has more miles on that when it comes off the transport so stipulating less than 5 miles might get you no car. Also sometimes when new models come out they require us to drive them up to 50 miles to make sure that they don't have any issues that might not show up on a shorter road test like they did with the '08 CTS.

I am sure there are some dealers that "abuse" customer cars, but we are not one of them.

c4ss
12-14-08, 12:43 AM
The PDI guy should not be abusing the customers new cars.

This makes me want to be standing there when it comes off the truck and never leave the dealership until I own it.

I'm pretty sure if you trust ANY dealership, it would have to be Lindsay. Maybe the kid that just started working at my dealership up in New Jersey, but not the guys down there :thehand: Which is another reason I'm driving 5 hours for them to work on my V:thumbsup:

Qnsryck
12-15-08, 11:31 PM
Well, I'll just have to jump on this bandwagon. After recommendations from this forum I placed my order with Lindsay last April. Lindsay Cadillac is 1,000 miles from me. Last Friday I flew out there and picked up my V. Great experience all around. The car had something like 38 miles on it. Now it has 1,038 miles on it. It was a great drive. The Recaro's are worth every penny.

darjae
12-15-08, 11:53 PM
Congratulations... It may seem weird, but I wish my dealer were farther away. You guys who were willing to travel are having the greatest driving experiences. I don't know that I'll get to take mine on a 1000 mile journey.... Again, congratulations, I'm sure it was a blast!

darjae