: 72 Chevy

DopeStar 156
06-25-04, 12:55 AM
My girlfriend was looking at this killer looking 72 Chevy pick-up. It doesn't look like it's stock at all to be honest. The car has a type of lime green metallic paint, the exhaust is dual with side pipes that come out before the rear wheels. Also the bed seems like it's off an early 90's Chevy stepside. We didn't get to peek under the hood but I'd bet all I've got that there's a Chevy 350 under there. What do you guys think? The seller is a younger kid and wants $5,000, but he's had it up for a while and apparently his family is moving. It seems like he's gotta sell which pretty much means I can almost name my own price. I really hope she gets this thing it's HOT! Maybe I'll take some pics tomorrow. Post your opinions!

Stoneage_Caddy
06-25-04, 12:58 AM
mmm 72 pickup ......the things i could do with one of those ....good choice!

DopeStar 156
06-25-04, 01:05 AM
Damn Stoneage you gotta see it. It has the circular side view mirrors that are mounted on the top of the car. Also the undercarrage looks real clean. The car looks like it's been gutted, and restored. The only thing I noticed that was a downer was that the wipers were missing, just the pegs for the wipers are there. I really want her to get this truck so I can tell her I love you and take it to my local track for a quarter mile test. The side windows are tinted with 5% tints so we couldn't really get a look inside but it appears the column and dash have been painted the same green as the outside. We're not sure if it's a 3-on-the-tree or just a regular column shift automatic.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-25-04, 01:26 PM
id bet it is an automatic , very rare to find a 3 on the tree , most had that removed and went to a aftermarket or hurst shifter on the floor . if it has the tree buy it learn it and love it ! scares the hell out of unsuspecting passengers when you move that stalk cuz most people dont know such a idea existed and think your trying to break your tranny .

gothicaleigh
07-06-04, 12:10 PM
I used to own a '72 Chevy Stepside Pickup.

Fire-engine red with polished boards in the bed and a black interior. It also had the 350 engine swap (though it was an automatic). Wish I still had that. Would have made a good show truck some day. :)

Actually very dangerous (and unbelievably fun) to drive. The rear end is so light with nothing in the back, you could spin the tires for what seemed like forever. Of course, driving it on anything but dry pavement was insane.