: Anyone know anything about sports memorabilia pricing?

Spittin Game
12-09-08, 06:17 PM
I have a Baseball signed by the whole Atlanta Braves Team (I think its 1987, 1988 or 1989, Im not exactly sure). But it has Dale Murphy, Tom Glavine, Ron Gant, Mark Lemke and the rest that were playing with the Braves at the time. Its an official Rawlings National League ball, and it has been in a case ever since I got it. Ive had it since I was a little kid, and am wondering what its worth.

Anyone on here possibly know what its worth or a site that I can go to and see what its worth?

cvettr/cts-v
12-10-08, 10:13 AM
I have no idea of the value, I have sold all of my collection except pre 1969 stuff. My insurance company would only accept the currator of the local hall of fame at busch stadium at the time I originally got it insured. I would suggest taking it to at least 3 sports memorabiliia stores but make sure they do not think you have any thoughts of selling or their value will be less than accurate. Tell them you are looking for it's value to see if you need to have a rider policy on your insurance. Then see if the 3 places come up with nearly the same number. When I sold mine I got a much smaller price per appraised value for the baseballs than the bats fyi. At that time it was considered to be a complete team with 22 signatures because it is extremely rare to have a truely complete 100% team autographed ball. Good luck.

Spittin Game
12-10-08, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the info. Ill definitely tell them its to see if I need insurance on it instead of selling it. Good info.

hueterm
12-10-08, 06:31 PM
O.J. probably knows......