: Ill. Governor Arrested

Ranger
12-09-08, 06:12 PM
In keeping with our reputation as one of (if not THE most) corrupt states in the country, Ill. Governor Rod Blagojevich was taken into federal custody this morning for among other things, trying to sell Obama's senate seat. He is the 4th in the last 30 years, and I think as much as the 6th over all. What is amazing is that his predecessor is in jail now on corruption charges. Some guys just don't learn. The feds have so much on him he doesn't stand a chance.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl184

Ranger
12-09-08, 08:40 PM
Here is a better story of what went on.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081210/ap_on_re_us/illinois_governor_scheming_for_dollars

77CDV
12-09-08, 11:16 PM
I know they're all corrupt as hell, every one, but for heaven's sake did he have to be so out there about it? He deserves to go down, the fool.

Jesda
12-09-08, 11:34 PM
Ford should run a "Bold Moves" ad about it.

jey
12-10-08, 12:58 AM
In keeping with our reputation as one of (if not THE most) corrupt states in the country, Ill. Governor Rod Blagojevich was taken into federal custody this morning for among other things, trying to sell Obama's senate seat. He is the 4th in the last 30 years, and I think as much as the 6th over all. What is amazing is that his predecessor is in jail now on corruption charges. Some guys just don't learn. The feds have so much on him he doesn't stand a chance.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl184

Am I the only one who's concerned that we just elected a president from the most corrupt states in the country?

Aron9000
12-10-08, 01:41 AM
I saw his picture and thought "he even looks like a damn wiseguy"

Am I the only one who's concerned that we just elected a president from the most corrupt states in the country?

If there was dirt on Obama(and there was, his damn preacher), it would've come out in the election.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-10-08, 11:15 AM
Haha, its about damn time. I always hated that a-hole.

"Lets spend $600,000 to put my name on every toll booth in the state."

Submariner409
12-10-08, 04:34 PM
As of mid-afternoon things are getting more interesting, because Jesse Jackson, Jr. is now named as one of those willing to buy into the vacant (Illinois) U.S. Senate seat. Candidate #5.

Aron9000's second sentence needs to be edited to "......... , it would not have come out in the election because the news media protected him."

C0RSA1R
12-10-08, 05:47 PM
As of mid-afternoon things are getting more interesting, because Jesse Jackson, Jr. is now named as one of those willing to buy into the vacant (Illinois) U.S. Senate seat. Candidate #5.

Aron9000's second sentence needs to be edited to "......... , it would not have come out in the election because the news media protected him."

Amen.

Sinister Angel
12-10-08, 08:33 PM
Well, there of course is the contention whether Obama is even a naturally born citizen...

dkozloski
12-10-08, 09:34 PM
Well, there of course is the contention whether Obama is even a naturally born citizen...
Bergs lawsuit is still out there but I'm afraid that the Supreme Court is about to kill it.

C0RSA1R
12-10-08, 09:49 PM
:yeah:

:alien::hmm:

Ranger
12-10-08, 10:31 PM
Nope.

:banana:

RedGalant2k1
12-11-08, 01:34 AM

Based on the law of the day, he is not a citizen.

RightTurn
12-11-08, 10:15 AM

L. O. L. ahahaha :histeric:

heavymetals
12-11-08, 01:49 PM
What is even funnier is Jackson Jr's (#5) claim of no "pay for play".

It has always been that way with the Jackson family.

They extorted a beer distribution deal that way.

GailyBedight
12-11-08, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Chicago politics. Hell, we even voted in a disbarred attorney, Harold Washington. The machine is alive and well. It has become so powerful that those on the inside believe that they can get away with anyting, RB talking on the phone and with outsiders when he knows that he is under investigation by the feds. There is no way of knowing how far this will go. The machine is pervasive and to be successful in Chicago politics you have to owe somebody. We in Chicago know what to expect from Obama, his selection of his cabinet is only one small indication of what is to come.

Myself, I feel that there are bad times coming. Politics as usual is going to have a whole new meaning.

Po Pimp
12-12-08, 12:20 AM
Based on the law of the day, he is not a citizen.

Yes he is. He was born in Hawaii. The fact that his parents applied for dual citizenship really doesn't matter. Why? Because if you are born on American soil you are technically a natural born citizen even if your parents are from a foreign country. This is the way it has always been.

Keep in mind that if you are going to question Obama being a citizen you should also question McCain's citizenship. He was not born in America or on American property for that matter. His birth place is Panama. While his father was serving in the military and stationed there he technically is not a "natural born citizen" as it was stated by the founding fathers for eligability.

This guy is going to serve some jail time but they really have pretty weak charges against him. It sounds as though the Chicago Tribune held the story for a little while after being asked by the US attorney. They finally could not hold it any more and broke it. I am 100% positive that the US attorney would have rather waited until money had changed hands or at least promises that it would occur, had happened on tape. As it stands they really don't have a felony to charge him with as far as I know. Kind of sad they couldn't get more because he really sounds like a D-bag to me.

dkozloski
12-12-08, 02:16 PM
Yes he is. He was born in Hawaii. The fact that his parents applied for dual citizenship really doesn't matter. Why? Because if you are born on American soil you are technically a natural born citizen even if your parents are from a foreign country. This is the way it has always been.

Keep in mind that if you are going to question Obama being a citizen you should also question McCain's citizenship. He was not born in America or on American property for that matter. His birth place is Panama. While his father was serving in the military and stationed there he technically is not a "natural born citizen" as it was stated by the founding fathers for eligability.

This guy is going to serve some jail time but they really have pretty weak charges against him. It sounds as though the Chicago Tribune held the story for a little while after being asked by the US attorney. They finally could not hold it any more and broke it. I am 100% positive that the US attorney would have rather waited until money had changed hands or at least promises that it would occur, had happened on tape. As it stands they really don't have a felony to charge him with as far as I know. Kind of sad they couldn't get more because he really sounds like a D-bag to me.
That guy Berg from Pennsylvania claims that he can produce affidavits from relatives that state that Obama was actually born in Kenya. Since his mother was a U.S. citizen he would still be a U. S. citizen except the law at the time said that she would have to be nineteen or older for it to apply and she was only eighteen. There is also some evidence that Obama never declared U. S. citizenship and instead claimed he was a citizen of Indonesia when he enrolled in school there.
So far, all that has been produced in Hawaii is a short form "Birth Record" rather than the long form birth certificate that has doctors names and witnesses on it.

Eric Kahn
12-12-08, 02:26 PM
I saw his picture and thought "he even looks like a damn wiseguy"

If there was dirt on Obama(and there was, his damn preacher), it would've come out in the election.

The media refused to publish anything bad about their darling boy, while at the same time sending huge numbers of reporters to alaska to dig out anything they could find on palin

At the time McCain was born, the Canal zone was considered US territory (same as an Embassy or military base) thus making McCain a "natural born Citizen"

Sinister Angel
12-15-08, 03:33 PM
Po Pimp... is that short for Poverty Pimp?

Jessie Jackson, is that you?!?!?!

C0RSA1R
12-16-08, 09:52 PM
:zing:

:giljotiini:

Po Pimp
12-17-08, 11:15 PM
Po Pimp... is that short for Poverty Pimp?

Jessie Jackson, is that you?!?!?!

No. It is an old song. Perhaps a little before your time though. It does have to do with a Cadillac.

On the Jessie Jackson subject. It looks as though Jessie Jackson Jr. was an informant to the FBI in the past over this guy, Blagojevich. It is unclear at this time whether he was helping in this particular investigation. I suspect so though. He also was working in Obama's campaign so most likely Obama would have been tipped off about possible ongoing investigation with governor.