: Bose Install

jwatkins
12-09-08, 06:21 PM
I have 94 seville and have been trying to figure out how to install a new radio and am just getting confused reading all the different posts. I dont have a stock unit in it at all right know. Igot the car without one. How do i find out if it is bose or not?? And if its not why cant i find awiring harness to work right??

creeker
12-09-08, 11:43 PM
[quote=jwatkins;1705106]I have 94 seville and have been trying to figure out how to install a new radio and am just getting confused reading all the different posts. I dont have a stock unit in it at all right know. Igot the car without one. How do i find out if it is bose or not?? And if its not why cant i find awiring harness to work right??[/

Go down 4 lines and read, 1993 cadillac eldorado about to install....,
this is probably your best bet.

ISmellRubber
12-17-08, 12:47 AM
I have a better idea that I did for my 93 sts.......In the back trunk where you see the anteane go in to the car there is a truck trim piece (right side wheel well) pull that carpet back be carefull of the clips not breaking you will see where the anteane goes to a motor and a coax cable that connects to the REAL stereo tuner and chanel/signal routing to the bose amps attached to each speaker. That is how you pick off the bose system with little effort! Now for the easy part keep your stock bose units and the wiring, amps all that were it is for now. I recomend the pioneer DEH-5900 or better, and here is why, it comes with 3 sets of pre outs:front, rear, and sub, also there are the regular line outs at 23 watts rms 50 watts peak powered by the head unit itself.The wire harness designed for this car will still keep the factory options in tact , like turns off when you open the door, dimming control, even steering wheel controls if you modle has them!The mounting kit for this will even give you an on dash pocket that fits 3 cd cases or what ever, and is very clean looking!Next the preouts for the bose factory requires line filters that use rca plugs to connect( how easy is that ?!!!)You now have 4 working factory location speakers working and the option to add an additional 4 speakers to the interior as wanted to pick up so real sound the 7 band EQ offered on the 5900 series gives you sound control and also high pass filters to remove 80hz and below out. the preouts give you control of the cross over to the subs at 125hz and below which gives a remarkable sound field to the car allowing up to 10 SPEAKERS to be placed! If you want to know more or to see how this looks all together let me know I can put some pics up. I did a competition level design for 879.00 in total, and stereo shops I go to ask ME how I did it!